CareFusion Reviews in San Diego, CA

Updated September 30, 2014
2.7

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 18 reviews)

• Pretty good benefits all the years that I was employed there (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 16 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

157 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Former life-changer.

Former Employee - Contract Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None! You can work all the overtime you want. It'll provide a paycheck while the job search continues. Nice co-workers, but beware who you talk to, corporate politics always at work.

Cons

Long hours, unending work loads, zero recognition for performance, abysmal job/pay progression. This company thrives on inefficiency and excessive top heavy management, pointless ineffective corporate reorgs (4 over the 3 yrs I was there), company touts an 80/20 promote within "concept"; to the contrary of reality, exclusive "boys club" only the close-knit few get the opportunity progress. Zero work life balance.

Employee are treated as objects being passed from one group to the next. Employee morale could not possibly be lower.

Best case scenario for rewarding top performers; 3-4% raises (only if you're lucky, and on good years)

Scale back management, too top heavy. Maintain a work-life-balance.

Portfolio Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice facility, has a gym, and free yoga. The people are nice, but be careful who you befriend

Cons

Great place to work if you like to be micromanaged and LOVE employees who stab you in the back, and are hypocritical. HIGH turnover rate

Stop being so quick to judge, and micromanaging is bad for employee moral. Follow Google's advice. You will retain better employees!

Horrible

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice facilities, good industry and good products

Cons

if you want to be micromanaged and treated as a number and not a human being, this is the right place for you. It's all about profit and nobody cares about the well being of the employees

Innovation, and success can only happen with good employees and if you don't treat them well all the valuable people will leave and the rest will stay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place in San Diego to work!

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

Cons

HR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Leadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

VP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

Cons

Middle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Managers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

Incompetent and rude Middle Management

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice Compensation, PTOs, San Diego weather,

Cons

You need to puppet, carry out tasks assigned by managers but not allowed to ask any questions.
    Very arrogant and rule middle management, they pitch themselves expert of everything.
    Very depressing environment.
    Micro Management- You need ti give status/ or 5 people will advising you how to carryout your tasks.

Wake up fire incompetent managers, this place will be much better to work for.

FPA Department

Former Employee - NOt Telling You  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - NOt Telling You in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to learn a lot. There are a few good Directors in FPA.

There are A LOT of promotions at this company because

A) there is a lot of favoritism

B) The churn rate is ridiculously high

Cons

Poor management, overburdening work schedule, long hours with no overtime pay (could be against US Labor Laws).

Managers come down on employees at times and treat them like crap. Don't expect management to be grateful for working superfluous hours, you are just doing 'status quo'

Extremely confusing matrix organization

A lot of managers are not ready to be managers at this company. Teach managers proper management skills. CareFusion has the worst mid-level management I've seen in my career. A manager should display proven leadership before becoming a manager not be a suck up/'teachers pet'.

Training is non existent, misallocation of work, confusing matrix work organization.

This job will own you and try to destroy you and your family, if you let it.

Current Employee - NOt Telling You  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - NOt Telling You in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Full-time work with varying degrees of overtime. PTO accrual. Benefits exist. Better than flipping burgers.

Cons

Your boss's honest is measured in micro-meters. Be on your guard, always.

You are a cog in a corporate environment. Know it. Live it. Learn to love it. Not family friendly at all. Bottom-line only traded company. The state of the economy plays a heavy role in decision making for how they treat employees (you are EXPENDABLE): They know there is always someone beating down the door to take your position and they are not afraid to remind you of it. QUALITY MEANS NOTHING to CareFusion ("Confusion" should be the real name).

If you have a family need for an unplanned circumstance, like surgery or sick leave, you will be told "the needs of the business" followed by some logical meandering way of telling you that you don't matter.

Leadership is utterly clueless to the customer experience and employees trying to 'make-do' with the ineptness of how the development of new products are going.
    Kieren, CEO, is just another figure-head waiting for a golden parachute. TSC is the #1 complaint of the customers.

CF has hired inept middle management that will finally sink the ship. It hasn't happened yet, but it will. repeatedly reminding skilled employees that we can and will be replaced says something about "CarelessFusion."

The mere fact that I'm hiding JOB TYPE/TITLE/CITY is a clue. Am pretty sure CF is monitoring this site. I'll keep the job, but at this point, it's ONLY a job. Not at all what I used to believe in.

CAREFUSION SUCKS! I've kept my feelings quiet, but need to release.

Current Employee - Hard Worker  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hard Worker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A gym on-site, cafeteria and ? Well, couldn't think of any more other than I have a job.

Cons

watching the steady decline of employee morale.

Kieran T. Gallahue, Compensation $9,628,148, As of Fiscal Year 2013. 2.6% approval rate out of 277 reviews. LOL

Great employees continue to ship. Get the picture? The Company’s stated values sound good, but they have a very difficult time executing.

Everything is about shareholder value. Radical changes and continual layoffs in the name of "simplification" have resulted in too many people being let go. The remaining people feel like walk around feeling like they might be next. A strong culture of layoffs and fear is in place.

We are told all the time to “we are life changers”. Well, us underdogs certainly are! CareFusion, how about changing some of our lives that make you the BIG BOY in the news? We have been chipped away at since CFN spun off. Where is your cut in pay Kieran???

Stop treating employees as merely a means to their end. The overall picture would be painted in a much different way, if you would really HEAR THE VOICE OF YOUR EMPOYEES. Who make your loads of money for you? I would seriously examine the competency of some of the managers you have in place, and listen to voice of the employee feedback that is provided. Of course that was not done during my tenure with CareFusion.

Work on your organizational culture. The constant reorganizations makes it difficult for people to stay engaged. Extend profit sharing or increase bonuses to regular FTO employees. A 2% annual bonus for non-managers/technical positions is an insult while we see millions being thrown into the pockets of managers and above. It’s sad because management and above seem to focus on “THEIR BONUSES” rather than the happiness and welfare of their employees.

Employee morale is at a new low. In other previous jobs, I would see that the managers could be trusted. I can assure you that I do not trust my manager and I can be sure that she "does not have my back”. My mistrust of her occurred after seeing several examples of her throwing subordinates "under the bus". POOR management. Ridiculous amount of favoritism. My manager clearly displays who her favorites are by breaking Company procedures.

Constant re-organization. After working many long hours and weekends over the past ten years, I was let go just prior to for vesting of profit sharing and long term incentive. (the compensation would have been good had these not been taken away, but with the constant layoff cycles you cannot count on long term employment).

NEWS

CareFusion buys 40% of Caesarea Medical Electronics – 10.12.2013
    U.S. medical technology developer will pay $100 million with option to buy majority stake. U.S. medical technology developer CareFusion has agreed to buy a 40% stake in Israel’s Caesarea Medical Electronics for $100 million, CareFusion announced Monday.

CareFusion buys Vital Signs for $500 million
    Expanding its medical products lineup, San Diego-based CareFusion Corp. has agreed to buy the Vital Signs unit of GE Healthcare for $500 million. Vital Signs makes disposable products for respiratory care and anesthesiology, such as masks and infusers. From: U-T San Diego (via Google News) – in the last month

CareFusion is well-funded to pursue other purchases, both domestically and in other countries, Gallahue said. These purchases will be made to help the company grow in its core markets and boost earnings by the third year. The Vital Signs purchase is expected to be neutral or moderately positive to earnings in 2014, and positive by 2015.
    CareFusion to invest $100M in Israeli infusion pump maker

By Daily Transcript staff report
    Monday, December 9, 2013
    CareFusion (NYSE: CFN) has announced it will invest $100 million for a 40 percent minority stake in Caesarea Medical Electronics (CME), an infusion pump systems manufacturer.
    WHERE ARE THE (((below Manager Level EMPLOYEES AMONGST ALL THIS)))???

Simple…we have no voice!

Kieran, how about an anonymous employee survey, and actually listen to what people are saying and how they are feeling? This has not been done since CareFusion spun off from CardinalHealth in 2009. How sad is this? It probably would not matter anyway. CFN management is not about the employees that continue to fatten their wallets.

STOP the churn! Stop the constant hiring and layoff cycles. Stop lying to us! We are human beings not machines with no innards.

Lots of people in San Diego used to work here, and most of the ones I have spoken to are glad that they moved on and that CFN is only a memory and a lesson learned from their past.

Frustrating changes in direction

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are acceptable
    Pay is fairly competetive
    Some really good people

Cons

Hostile work environment
    Limited professional growth
    Lack of ethics
    Inconsistent internal directions

Take quality seriously. The number of releases in a month is NOT a metric for an effective company. Take a look at your complaint rates! Listen to your customers! Watch how good employees are jumping ship!

CareFusion Photos

A Carefusion branding wall
Headquarters

+ Add Photo

Worked for CareFusion? Contribute to the Community!