CareFusion

Updated December 8, 2014
2.8

CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
  • This is a good company when it comes to work life balance and resources available (in 21 reviews)

• Good Benefits and PTO (19 days off but you rarely get other holidays off) (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it feels as though promotion of work-life balance is lip service (in 17 reviews)

• Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

174 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenging

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Compensation
    Location (in San Diego)
    Has potential

Cons

Lacking innovation. Most people does not welcome change - stuck in " this is how we've done it in the past"

Allow those people with knowledge to lead and remove those who are just obstacles

Awesome

Current Employee - Field Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Limited supervision, great place to work, team oriented

Cons

Contract to hire with limited full time positions.

Consider hiring contractors with many years experience working with the company.

Absolute lack of direction from the top.

Current Employee - TSR/SLIDER/CASE WORKER in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - TSR/SLIDER/CASE WORKER in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-higher than average pay
    -can accumulate PTO time very quickly
    -mostly flexible schedule
    -Co-workers are great for OJT

Cons

-constant pressure to perform
    -middle management has no clue about products or flow
    -lack of direction from constantly changing upper management
    -standards and requirements change on a whim

Get your head out of the clouds and focus on the real problems not imaginary issues.

CareFusion Review

Current Employee - Product/Market Senior Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product/Market Senior Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, good people

Cons

Rigid structure, hard to make things happen, risk averse culture

Horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice facilities, good industry and good products

Cons

if you want to be micromanaged and treated as a number and not a human being, this is the right place for you. It's all about profit and nobody cares about the well being of the employees

Innovation, and success can only happen with good employees and if you don't treat them well all the valuable people will leave and the rest will stay

Worst place in San Diego to work!

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The founders of the company were very people focused and the products made by this company are life saving devices the. But the new management is very profit focused not people below the C suite focused, and the typical MO is to acquire a company and then move operations to Mexico focused leaving many US employees without a job.

Cons

HR management is terrible and out of touch. Multiple departments have gone through almost 100% turnover within the past 2 years including compensation, recruiting and employee relations. If you are in HR this is the last company you want to work for.

Leadership in Human Resources is weak, open your eyes to the problems!

Worked for 3 years in IT Operations.

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Environment and Pay was not great but good. Overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, helpful and were good. Allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good business community.

Cons

No motivation whatsoever you get from Manager. Manager does not trust her team instead likes contractors. I think encouraging good work is a way to boost the employee's morale. Supportive work environment is essential for an employee to make significant contributions to the company. In my case, unfortunately, that lacked and left me no choice but to quit my job, although I loved the technical aspect of it. Upper Management does not have time to listen to your concerns. Huge employee turnover in this IT team compared to any other IT teams (Total 10 people left under this manager and 4 people in last four months).

Great place to work "Except" in IT Operation Team. Advice to management - stop employee turnover in this team.

Extreme poor and inexperienced middle level management.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

VP's and above management are very innovative, futuristic and willing to grow the company.

Cons

Middle layer management is very poor. They want to criticize others and point out the obstacle, rather try to solve it. They try to show off their credit by criticize junior. Stop to build more leaders to keep job security.

Managers performance should determine by taking feedback from employee, not from their weekly summery.

Incompetent and rude Middle Management

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice Compensation, PTOs, San Diego weather,

Cons

You need to puppet, carry out tasks assigned by managers but not allowed to ask any questions.
    Very arrogant and rule middle management, they pitch themselves expert of everything.
    Very depressing environment.
    Micro Management- You need ti give status/ or 5 people will advising you how to carryout your tasks.

Wake up fire incompetent managers, this place will be much better to work for.

Strategic Sourcing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was good, not great but good - overall I was satisfied with my compensation package. My coworkers were great, relationships were good. I had a lot of autonomy to do my job, which I like. I got to lead some great projects that allowed me to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization. I was fortunate to be working on a diverse team/dept, although not all parts of the organization are like this. Some of the executives I had a chance to work with are great individuals - funny and caring. The organization also has Employee Resource Groups which is great so you can feel a part of something and meet others outside your direct dept/team - make sure to take advantage of these.

Cons

Workload is heavy, although there are brief moments of peace. High pressure position, definitely stressful (especially at fiscal year end). Policies and procedures need to be revamped for greater efficiency and to match industry best practices. I didn't like some of the business decisions made that negatively impacted the employee population (including temp workers). I understand bottom line is important, but people are important too. Constant RIF's. For those that have been with the organization for a while, stop saying "that's just how we do things" since obviously not everything being done is exactly working well.

Treat your employees as people, not objects. Look at the market, some of the most successful companies are the ones taking care of their employees (at all levels).

CareFusion Photos