CareMore

Add Photos

Leeba Lessin

CareMore stands behind their Model of Care

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe Model of Care is unique in the industry and the outcomes are excellent. Many new members are amazed at how well they are treated by the health plan. The grass roots marketing approach is also a win win for both CareMore and the community at large. The company pays employees a reasonable salary and commissions in sales are fairly good if you produce.

ConsManagement has started using a more negative approach to pushing the sales force in recent months. Changes in Medicare dictated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) have created some difficulties in the industry as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain Sales Managers to be leaders not parents.

Great place for the patients, not so great for the staff

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe goal of the company is for patients to be happy and feel cared for!

ConsStaff can be lazy and don't know how to mind their own business. If half of those girls focused more on how they do their job than what everybody else is doing, maybe they would know how to do their job right.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more attention on your good employees and don't over work them, especially while the rest are not doing their part.

Great, solid business model. Mgt lacks personality and compassion.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Visionaries and predictors of healthcare fluctuations in industry = job security. Pay is at or above average. Great experience for newbee. PTO is 5.x hrs per paycheck for first 5 years, then 7.x hrs. 401k match

ConsMgt really needs mgt training in work / life balance. Nps need more leniency in time off. RDs need a RD clinical mgr. MAs need same boss at Nps so everyone is on the same page. More work / life balance. $300 month for health insurance (middle level) and sliding scale depending on what u make.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance work / life to retain more quality ppl

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company to work for.

Senior Field Analyst IT (Current Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsGreat benefits, 401k. vacation plan. Salary right on par with industry, even slightly higher.

ConsI honestly have no cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareMore is doing a great job without my advice. .

CareMore Cerritos

Consultant (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsCareMore is a solid company with a great vision for caring for Seniors and caring for employees

ConsCareMore is in a tremendous growth phase. Having been acquired by WellPoint in 2012 they are working feverishly to ramp up staff, systems, facilities, etc. Challenges abound, but management does their best to support hard working resources .

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to make sure that that they are aligning efforts across the organization. As growth occurs the potential for siloization grows. To prevent that information, schedules, and dependencies must flow across organization and functional boundaries. I am confident that this will occur as many new resources with these skills are being added to the team.

Temp Customer Service Phone Worker- satisfied with work experience

Member Intake Representative (Former Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsI enjoyed the attitude the company took towards its clients. I appreciated that senior citizens weren't rushed through any phone calls but that treating clients with respect, patience, and compassion were core company values. This was instilled in employees during extensive training sessions that covered Caremore's mission.

ConsNothing too bad to say here. I sometimes wished there was more of a peer-to-peer relationship with management. They have their own break area- which is fine- I guess it's a perk, but there isn't much of an opportunity for interaction with management.

Operations

ProsGreat culture, friendly co-workers, flexible, decent salary

ConsLack of career mobility, inter office communication is poor

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove inter office communication,

Its was an ok experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsLearning about the different services and how to sell them.
    People are Friendly

ConsManagement was not always organized.
    Long Sales Cycle working with Seniors
    Its a stressful job when your not hitting your numbers. The company does not set goals equally .
    All reps that are new will get the same goals as the reps that have been with the company for several years.
    I dont recommend joining Field Sales without any industry experience. The company will terminate sales reps within 6 months or less if your not showing quick results.
    WellPoint is continuing to restructure the Caremore organization.

Satisfied employee

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent customer care, service and employee relations are evenly maintained. Excellent facilities.

ConsDay to day work-related communication is not well facilitated.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider implementing several process improvement teams as related to all of employee.

Great care for patients on the outside, but another story behind the scenes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA

ProsIf you love what you do and love to work with patients, especially the elderly, then this is the place for you.

ConsAlot of "too many hands in the pot", or none at all. Also what they say (behind the scenes) and what they do are 2 different things. some people seem to want to help you succeed and others seem to set you up to fail. Also, what I thought I was hired to do, is not what I envisioned or what was explained to me at the interview or in print.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire upper management people that have a medical background. Stop making so many decisions without actually doing the footwork (literally!!)

Worked for CareMore? Contribute to the Community!