CareNow Reviews

1. Overall good

Current Employee - Patient Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareNow

Pros

Decent pay with differential on weekends/evenings.

Cons

Gets very repetitive. You have an increased chance of getting sick.

Management is good.

2. This job is stressful and frustrating.

I have been working at CareNow

Pros

awesome coworkers, flexible schedules. there really aren't many other pros that I've experienced with this job.

Cons

nitpicky rules, upper management constantly asking you to pick up shifts in other clinics, under appreciated, over worked, long hours

stop pestering willing employees to constantly pick up shifts in other clinics and hire people! don't exploit the work ethic of some employees to fill holes in your empty roster. appreciate your employees more and maybe they'll want to stick around longer. don't hover over them and trust them to do their job. stop coming out with new policies that make our job harder.

It started off well....

Former Employee - Patient Representative
    Former Employee - Patient Representative

I worked at CareNow full-time

Pros

Decent pay, great bonuses (if your clinic makes the grade!)

Cons

No breaks (unless you count running to the back, stuffing your face full of food, and then running back within 15 minutes a break and you were lucky if you got that), home office that doesn't care, write-up crazy, micromanagement, they expect you to put your job first and your family second.

Please, for the love of God, treat your employees like decent human beings. Give them breaks. I know legally, by Texas law, you're not required to give them lunches, but if you're such a "Caring, Christian company" (like you say you are) then start treating your employees like Christ would! Also, hire more people because when you don't staff( in order to save money), you're actually putting excess stress on your good employees (who then turn around and quit or walk out) and ticking off patients to the point where they complain to home office! (which goes against your bonus)

Miserable

I have been working at CareNow

Pros

Good benefits package, pretty good pay. You can be seen in the clinics, but not the one you work at.

Cons

This company doesn't care for the best intrest of its patients or employees. It's all about money. Doctors are made to run unnecessary tests. They give shots out like candy. Management is awful. Clinics are understaffed on purpose to save money, resulting in exhausted employees and angry patients.

Properly staff clinics and everyone would be better off. You are making enough money! Yay your employees like PEOPLE.

6. Stay away from this "God"-awful place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I have been working at CareNow part-time

Pros

Compensation, free medical care for employees at clinics

Cons

Obsession about metrics/numbers, overworked employees, medical care outside of standard guidelines (overtesting and overtreating), company proclaims to value God but actually cares more about making money

Stop obsessing over numbers/efficiency, start obsessing over how practice according to the best standards of care (i.e. not handing out antibiotics and steroids to every single patient with a common cold), and how to take care of your employees so you don't have such a high turnover.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!!

Current Employee - LVN in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - LVN in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareNow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are amazing and everyone in the clinics work together.

Cons

Upper management needs to be refurbished!

It's not too late. There is still room to grow and improve before its too late

You're in the trenches with no support

I have been working at CareNow full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has a pretty good benefits package with insurance.

Cons

You have to meet a lot of standards, including nitpicky customer service phrases. I wouldn't ever want to be a manager there: they're on call pretty much 24-7. Scheduling sucks because sometimes you're out of there after midnight with closing times at 10p.

staff and train adequately: please stop concentrating on nitpicky phrases and budget bottom lines.

Nurse

I have been working at CareNow

Pros

Clinic staff are great. All are truly committed to patient care.

Cons

Fear driven corporate environment. Incompetent management. Uneducated or undereducated management. Policies that punish employees for not reaching a certain number of patients per hour. RUN, fast!!!!

Your middle management are bringing down the company. You should try to curtail the the condescending attitudes they present. You should take a step back and read your mission statement because your not even close to achieving it. Try treating people with respect. This is much lacking in this company.

Do not work here!

Current Employee - LVN in Cedar Hill, TX
    Current Employee - LVN in Cedar Hill, TX

I have been working at CareNow full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the clinic staff, patients are awesome,

Cons

Management is cult like. Treat employees very bad. There is never enough staff to get the job done correctly. They put too much emphasis on speed and not quality care. You are exptected to work 15 hours with no breaks. Benefi package lacks. Even if you earn vacation time its impossible to get approved to use your vacation time.

Require all upper management to work 15 hour shifts in the trenches with impossible goals and only a fraction of the staff they need and then write them up for not being able to do the work of 3 people. Fire them all. And start with a new business model. Your isnt working.

11. wolves guarding the sheep

Former Employee - Nurse in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Dallas, TX

I worked at CareNow full-time (more than a year)

Pros

mostly good people at the clinic level, variety of experiences gained on the job

Cons

seriously deceptive corporate model, incompetent upper middle management, toxic culture, unhappy employees, extremely litigious workplace.
    I hired on with the expectation of fulfilling their mission statement to glorify God through quality care. as the weeks became months and so forth, I noticed that the emphasis was far more about quantity rather than quality. I was "urged" to see patients in less than 7 minutes, this is because I had 6 or 7 collateral duties and they weren't going to staff the people needed. when I asked how rushing the elderly was "glorifying God" I got an up-beat, patronizing response. then the write ups came. I have never had my character so maligned as when i worked for this "Christian" company. Basically when they write you up make sure you have an attorney present.
    CareNow has become the Goliath it pretends to oppose. if you go to work for them watch out.

the owner is a very good man he should get back to his roots if this is still possible, stop leaving clinic policy to sales degrees with no knowledge of medicine. listen to your people on the ground or you will fail period.