CareOne Credit

Bernie Dancel

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD

I have been working at CareOne Credit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Virtual at home office environment, great benefits

Cons

prone to layoffs because of industry

Just don't do it

I worked at CareOne Credit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at home, some nice co-workers, and PTO. That's it.

Cons

Everything.
    The only good thing about the job was working at home and some of the other reps were nice. The company helps a small portion of customers and the rest are burned. The enrollment coaches give unrealistic expectations to customers. You will not feel like the company cares about customers or employees. Layoffs once or twice a year. Constant threat of termination even if you miss quota by a tiny fraction. The requirements are inconsistent and always change. You aren't really helping people manage debt, but rather answering calls and trying to help them, if you can, under 6 mins.

Read the reviews under Ascend One. It's the same company. I wrote a more thorough review there.

Decent experience

I worked at CareOne Credit

Pros

Work from home...steady check, great experience

Cons

constant layoff, bonuses not paid out

CareOne can be a great place to work if you're motivated to succeed.

I have been working at CareOne Credit

Pros

You can work from home and the benefits are great. You can feel good about the service you provide to the clients.

Cons

The monthly goals and overall pay are inconsistent. You're work can stay just a good, but your pay year to year can vary greatly.

Care more about your employees and how their personal lives are effected by the severe fluctuation in pay.

Star one month out the door the next

Former Employee - Credit Negotiations in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Credit Negotiations in Columbia, MD

I worked at CareOne Credit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

You are a star one month and garbage he next. They treat you like a number nota person

Open your eyes to the cheating going on in the credit negotiations dept. it is cheating the clients from good settlements.

Beware Credit Negotiator Job- most leave within 6 mnonths

Current Employee - Creditor Negotiator in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Creditor Negotiator in Columbia, MD

I have been working at CareOne Credit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work from home, so good for people who do not drive, have kids etc...

Cons

turnover rate is similar to fast food places. Been here nearly a year and was hired in a class of 23 people. Of those 23, only 6 are still here. And 4 of the 6 are actively looking for another job before they get fired. Monthly goals are always changing, mgrs. in this dept are basically worthless, and you learn everything BY YOURSELF thru trial and error. They teach you nada. I dare say that what we "do" (settling client's credit accts or less") is not true. The company charges fees up the wazzoo from the clients, and all they care about is those fees wether we go to completion on those settlements, as most of the accts usually falter and the client pulls out. But mgmt. doesn't care cus they already got the fee from the client. Lastly, do not TRUST anyone, even your peers, as they will lie, stab, and cheat to get to their goals even if that includes "stealing" your accts.

Put the client first, like your commercials states. This burn and churn that you do with employees over the last 3-4 years will eventually catch up with you. Invest in your current employees who prove they WANT to stay longterm. And you need LESS "management" such as process Coordinators, Trainers, mgrs. etc... cus they really do nothing. YOu can get a software program to run reports. You do not need 20 "managers/supervisors" sitting around doing nothing except yell at us for not knowing how to do something that no one taught us and that they did not teach us.

Good Work From Home If You Can Handle The Pressure

Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CareOne Credit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pays on time. Extensive training. Room For Advancement. Great Pay

Cons

At times unachievable metrics. Hard to get with the "in" crowd. Most of training class got fired within a few months.

Firing people is not a way to grow the company

Working at Careone

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareOne Credit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Careone is great, because you get to work from home. Their are different hours you can work as well.

Cons

Very cut throat and if you are not performing they will let you go within 3 months

Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Credit Counselor in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Credit Counselor in Columbia, MD

I worked at CareOne Credit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to work from home, helping people with troubling debt, and hourly pay was decent.

Cons

The managers give you mixed messages on what's required or acceptable ways to sell products. Metrics are unrealistic and based on circumstances that are out of your control. They monitor all of your calls. It's a numbers game and late shifts will have less opportunities for you to get inbound calls (and less sales).

Make your sales managers more accountable for coaching their teams to make them successful.

This is a challenging and rewarding work culture with a fun vibe.

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at CareOne Credit

Pros

Strong emphasis on maintaing a work-life balance. Provide value added services for consumers so that I feel good about what I do. Thought leaders in this industry with a focus on consumer advocacy. Fantastic team cross functional team environment with a high caliber of working professionals.

Cons

Resources can be a challenge, sometimes limited the execution of new ideas.