CareTech Solutions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Giordano

CareTech is a wonderful company to work for. They are very dedicated to customer service.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsCareTech is a very ethical company with high morals that values the contributions of their employees. They have generous time off, flexibility, and good benefits.

ConsThe IT healthcare market is growing rapidly and it will be a challenge to maintain the success of the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareTech needs to continue to reach out from Corporate to it's remote customers. CareTech may need to establish partnerships in order to offer complete solutions to our clients.

IT Analyst

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsStrong benefits and salary. Great recruiting staff.

ConsSupport one of their customers and have very little contact with the company directly

Management is clueless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork-life balance can be great if you aren't the one doing all the support

ConsMiddle management seems inclined to set you up to fail. No attention paid to ongoing training. No synergy between client sites, and NO communication. If you are at a client site you might as well consider it a dead-end job. Jobs at corporate HQ in Troy may be better. They seem to love to hire narcissistic people who end up being about as useful as a tanning bed in the Sahara. But hey..... as long as you talk a good game right?

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new leadership from top to bottom, and learn how to retain the people that matter.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The work was great, management is clueless

Corporate HQ - Non Service Desk (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsBenefits were great, the work can be fun and the people are great to work with.

ConsManagement needs to learn how to properly manage and focus more on established customers. ITIL is talked about but no one has any clue how to implement. Still run like a mom & pop shop rather than a large company that has been around for 16 years. Managers overload employees and refuse to hire additional help. The managers also shy away from real problems and try to just sweep them under the rug.

Other than a company picnic once a year, there are no real functions. A company Christmas party would have been nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people you hired to do the job.

They claim to be a "healthcare company"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood restaurants nearby and a big parking lot.....

ConsLack of management, high turnover, lack of understanding about the space they inhabit

Good place for about a year, and that would be all, don't make a career here. EVER!

Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsSome Travel Opportunities, Overtime, and the ability to work from home, a good place to get your feet wet, I would not recommend the swim.

ConsWhere to start: Very Cliquish (Not about what you know, all about who you know), don't even try to advance in house, only if you like the idea of kissing butt. The job itself is very repetitious and extremely stressful, the leadership and management team will try and wedge into your personal life, like you are all about CareTech and nothing else. Once started off as a great, fun place to work has slowly transformed into a stressful, monotonous place of employment, The turn over rate this year has been ridiculous, so many people leaving. Learn what you can if you are really interested in the Health IT field, and move on with your life...

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the individuals who are trying to move up , and are willing to advance. Stop only looking at who you want, that person(s) may not be the best for the job...if you need a eye opener..look how many people have left already.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsVery flexible and friendly place to work. Good benefits and pay. Room to advance is unlimited for IT professionals.

ConsThere are no cons to working at CareTech. It's a great place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. It's a great place to work and a good company with good growth and opportunity.

Satisfied and optimistic

ProsThere's a definitive separation between CTS corporate and a CTS site. There's less management onsite and employees are mostly left alone to handle their own affairs. The environment is pretty stable and I don't feel like I could get laid off tomorrow, next week, or next month. Compensation consists of base pay and several benefits much more generous than similar positions in the area.

ConsWith the separation of corporate and site management, there's a bit of a disconnect, but management has been working to help that. The Service Desk analysts are inconsistent and staffing isn't always stable. Sometimes there's a clash between CTS policy and client policy, where client policy takes precedence.

good place to learn...and leave

Intern, Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsYou'll learn a lot about Healthcare IT. A good place to spend 6 months to a year. A good after college job.

ConsNo in roads to get hired in. Very cliquish. No schedule flexibility. Pay below industry standards. DO NOT go to school while working there...you will not get the chance to study.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with scheduling if you plan on keeping someone as an intern.

Severely underwhelmed by this company

ProsClient sites are very autonomous so you can get away with murder if you're that type of employee

ConsWhere do I start? Total lack of corporate oversight of the client sites. HR sweeps issues under the rug. Borderline unethical business practices. the list goes on and on

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully I'm out of here within the next month, and I won't have to worry about it. I pity the people left who actually care about the client.

Worked for CareTech Solutions? Contribute to the Community!