CareTech Solutions Reviews

2.5
Jim Giordano

1. Field Service Technician

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time

Pros

Great Benefits. As an entry level position field tech I received 4 weeks of paid time off. Very comparable healthcare.

Cons

Was a contract position that was not secure. After contract was cancelled, Did not have available position. Not really a con since it was agreed upon during the hiring process

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to keep the company the way it is, and add more secure positions to the company.

2. "Mehh" company

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Dental, vision, medical plans provided
    -401k matching
    -Occasional free lunches/ food
    - Paid time off for full-time employees
    - Tuition assistance program

Cons

Where to begin:
    1) For the industry that we're in we are alarmingly under-payed. Promotions are "based upon performance" yet there are many excellent employees who are making the same amount as their sub-parents counterparts. Promotions and pay hikes depend in large part to who you know and how you score on monthly assessments (both of which I'll touch upon in a bit.)
    2) There's quite a bit of nepotism/cronyism that goes on here. If you know someone higher up the ladder you are more apt to getting a promotion than someone else who may have worked harder than you.
    3) CareTech loves overwhelming their analysts with multiple accounts as soon as you get on the phones. There are quite a few analysts who work on the help desk who are in over 20+ accounts and field calls from everyone. You'll only be given an hour, or so, of training in each of these accounts after your first account. Of course you're expected to be competent on all accounts you are on in spie of the lack of training. One ray of sunshine though, the Knowledge base that CareTech utilizes is pretty good and will get you out of a bind occasionally but don't always count on it. Problem managers are always busy routing, converting tickets, and answering other people's question to assist you while you have a client on the line.
    4) Unfair scoring criteria. Each month you are given a scorecard that supposedly "evaluates" your performance for the month. Management will tell you that any promotions given will be based on you scorecards (which isn't entirely true. Refer to #2). However, if you ever have to call off God forbid or you go into not ready status too often for whatever reason (working on tickets, assisting other analysts, etc) your score will be negatively impacted. Problem managers really get the short end of the stick with this. Another thing I forgot to mention is that you are only given 7 minutes or so for each phone call on aberage. Anything over that you can get dinged on your scorecard.
    5) And finally, the biggest con of them all: HTC Global. Right after HTC bought CareTech, things began going downhill. Quite a few employees were quickly shown the door after the takeover. Also an email was sent out by the top brass outlining the company's profit margin (which was something to the effect of 1-3%) and our competitors profit margins which were something to the effect of 11%. In order to get to the profit margins that our competitors "supposedly" had it was decided that employee benefits would be cut and merged with HTC's.

Advice to Management

To the HR and leadership personnel who are reading this: value your employees! They are the lifeblood of this company and are the reason why you have a career. Profits are a good thing, I realize this, but making profits at the expense of employees is not sound business ethics. It's been proven that rewarding employees and incentivising good work INCREASES employee productivity. Quit trying to be like your competitors and realize the tremendous asset that is your employees!

Help Desk Analyst

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent place to start a career and then move on.

Cons

It's a treadmill and as the phone support you are watched and critiqued on every single thing you can imagine. Forget lunch breaks, plan on scarfing down your lunch at your desk while trying to take a call with a mouthful of food. If you work the am shift you won't have much time between calls. Wrap up time means the time you are given to finish a ticket. No such thing, you are supposed to finish a ticket in the call. As team leads have plenty of time and do whatever you have barely room to breath.

Get some experience and get out. Since they were bought out by HTC, firings and cut backs all around, and I think it's just the beginning.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter they won't listen.

5. Mobile device management

I have been working at CareTech Solutions

Pros

PTO is good. Came in at the beginning and being on the Oakwood account sucked - but from what I hear CareTech is a great place to work

Cons

The account I am on (Oakwood) calls their own shots - CareTech in general is a great place to work so I hear - the Oakwood account - not so much

Advice to Management

Make a decision...period.

Incident Manager

Former Employee - Incident Manager in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Incident Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch is provided, matching 401 K (vested period = 4 years), benefits (due to new legislation in the summer of '14), new positions have been developed, 2 weeks of PTO (maybe less).

Cons

On the phones at all times (controlled by codes so you have to enter 11 for a break or bathroom break, or 55 for lunch). These are metrics that you're evaluated on and they want you in ready at all times. At the end of the month they review how long you were on break or in wrap up (finishing a ticket), eating lunch, etc. Promotions are based on how many tickets/calls you create/take. They make it extremely competitive to where you may never advance or they let you go since you weren't producing as much as the other analysts.

More likely of letting you go, they'll keep you on the phone to take more calls to ensure THE COMPANY hits metrics, but IGNORE YOUR career advancement. Once they hit their metrics, you'll get bagels.....If they sign a long-term contract for 8 million dollars or so....you'll get bagels. Enjoy.

This review is coming from someone who advanced to an Incident Manager position and played the buddy system. Advice: play the buddy system.

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to who reads this, work hard, write decently, display willingness to succeed, progress as a professional and ask questions. Don't stop asking questions.

I would write more about this company to give others the visibility of what they're applying for, but I'm sick of reminiscing and/or reflecting back. Good luck.

Advice to Management

Listen

I am sure Auschwitz was a better place to work.

Current Employee - Lead Web Developer in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Web Developer in Warren, MI

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great, pto policy was ok, direct managers were awesome.

Cons

The solution to everything was add more management, they would lay off workers in the middle of projects with tight deadlines, No opportunity for advancement. Sales teams lies to the client and that equates to you living here. After working 100 hour weeks for close to a year, I walked in Monday morning after working till 5:30 am to find out I was being let go, best day off my life.

Advice to Management

You are losing a lot of money because you have sales people driving development efforts, Sales people should not be driving development timelines.

8. Client Support Analyst 2

Former Employee - Client Support Analyst II in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Client Support Analyst II in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Trained to meet every customer needs

Cons

Over burden on its employees causing stress.

Advice to Management

Set support to meet workload.

Programmer Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, management is easy to speak with, flexible hours, remote work opportunities, very accepting of sporadic PTO schedules.

Cons

Lack of management guidance, underpaid, company downsizing, no future incentives, hard work does not seem to pay off, lack of training budgets, no security.

Advice to Management

Please gain a better understanding for the needs and requests of your employees. There are hard working, dedicated individuals who will eventually leave if they are not rewarded for their hard work.

10. A good company to work for

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions

Pros

Great team of staff
    Experienced Management Team

Cons

Not open to telecommuting or remote opportunities

Disappointed!!!

I worked at CareTech Solutions

Pros

No Pros. I would not recommend working for this company.

Cons

If you are looking for a career with Caretech, I encourage you to look elsewhere. There were too many young people put in charge with huge egos and little to no experience. The atmosphere for me puts you in the frame of mind of "adults managing kids". No career development and no incentive to want to do more. Worst job I've ever had. Again, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

No advice, just not a good company.

RSS Feed </> Embed