Career College of Northern Nevada

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014

4.2

Nate Clark

Outstanding company that is concerned about the future and always looking for ways to improve.

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time

Pros

I enjoy working at the college because of the employees. Everyone that works here is an amazing person in their own way. I'm proud to be surrounded by such hard working people. I love that the company seems to be growing. The addition of new programs is creating some excitement and gives a feeling that I work for a company that has strength in a tough economic time.

Cons

The company as a whole usually works good together. However, we work towards fixing problems between departments only to have problems between two other departments. There always seems to be a few individuals who are pulling the same rope in two different directions. I know that this is something that is always going to be an issue at any company you work at.

Recognize when a few key individuals are impacting the whole company. Help them recognize the results of their actions and make corrections. I believe in this college and would love to see a seamless unity amongst the employees to have an even larger impact on it's students.

The 5-Star Reviews are a Sales Tactic!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to help people begin a new career.

Benefits are competitive and include Vision, Dental, Medical and 401(K) after 2 years of full-time employment.

Cons

The people who made the reviews from June 2013 are the Admission Reps, aka: Sales Reps. They want to have a good online rating and are giving a false representation of the majority of the departments. Admissions is run by an amazing woman and she values her employees. Unfortunately, that is not true throughout the college.

Pay for the majority of the staff is below average, but it is a job.

Parking is a commodity in the morning if you get there after 7:45 a.m. because the parking lot is full and you end up parking either on the street or illegally in the dirt lot across the street.

Stop hiring family and friends of management and pay us what we are worth!

Allow people to develop and grow by sending them to conferences or classes. We know managers go but what about the employees?

Show care and compassion for the students, stop acting like all they're worth is money. They are what allow us to have a paycheck, not the business office that writes the check.

I fully enjoy my job and what a great career I have!

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time

Pros

I get to work with people everyday that are wanting a better future for them and their families! I wake up and know that work will not be the same as yesterday, it will be challenging at times, but I know I will laugh at least 5-10 times a day!! I have some great co-workers.

Cons

The hours can be long and not your "typical" hours, but that is the nature of the work & you know this coming in. Also, you can't make everyone happy so sometimes the unhappy people will try to bring you down. Just remember they are unhappy in their life which they bring with them to work.

Keep the lines of communication open as you do.. you never know who has a good idea that will only benefit the college & it's students!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love working at Career College of Northern Nevada

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time

Pros

This is one of the best work enviroments I have been in. The management is concerend about the success of the employess and works hard at provide training and materials to ensure that success

Cons

As is the case with any where you go to work, there are personality conflicts between the different groups. However, the corporate culture is geared towards a common goal to help keep eveyone fucused on helping the students.

Continue to work toward uniting all of the employess towards a common goal and emphasize how we are all on the same team.

Working with New Students

Current Employee - Admissions Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love helping people! On a daily basis I get to promote help for a better future and I get to cheer on the ones already making change in their lives.

Cons

My day is what I make it!

Lets add even more programs so we can make a difference in even more lives!

Worthwhile

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here is that you get to help people that need help. So if you want to get into something where you are always surrounded by people that constantly need encouragement I would say this is the right place.

Cons

The hours are long as with anything else you would do when helping people. It can get exhausting. they do tell you at the interview though that the hours are brutal.

If you are looking to work here, you might want to re-think your choice

I have been working at Career College of Northern Nevada

Pros

In a shaky economy, it's a job

Cons

Cliquish infrastructure
    Minimal opportunities for advancement
    Your professional feedback is meaningless
    Pay structure COMPLETELY out-of-line for a privatized "college" (trade school)

Respect your flippin' employees
    Pay your flippin' employees what they are worth
    Listen to your flippin' employees...ALL of them, not just the ones you deem are "worthy"

Worked for Career College of Northern Nevada? Contribute to the Community!