Career Connections, Inc.

Jessica L. Killgore

Need more information

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a contractor for a major IT/ hardware firm, I was able to wear casual clothes (except shorts, cutoffs, t-shirts, flip-flops. I don't work nights, I don't take phone calls.

Cons

The client company decided to furlough people for a week or two, and have them work 1 or 2 days during the period. If they had told me before hiring me, I might have still taken the job, but I am shocked and financially hurt by an indeterminate amount of furlough time, which seems to be a 4th quarter capricious decision. Hence, I am looking for other work just in case. It's also unfair that they cut people down to minimum wage for the last paycheck based on their training costs whether they fire you or you quit.

Tell people at time of hire of possible furlough. Don't rip people off on their last pay check.

Great Place to Start

Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Norcross, GA

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Laid back, Don't bother you about anything, Works with you on scheduling if you speak with the proper parties.

Cons

Too Relaxed, High school environment, management is very unorganized, benefits are too expensive for the rate of pay, pay is much lower than other comparable jobs with other companies.

At least Try to present as a united front, and not show favoritism towards individual employees.

Unorganized

Current Employee - Technical Support in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starting pay is good, that's about it. Other than needing 20 characters in this section, I can't think of anything else to put here

Cons

Management is lacking in organization skills to provide a stable working experience. Pay is never right or on time and is a hassle to even get corrected. I was told one schedule before my first day and came in to see a completely different one listed. On top of that they couldn't even tell me which one to work.

Don't hire more than you can handle which looks like you can't handle much. Be organized, make your employees think they are valued because not a single one thinks they are.

Unfair working conditions

Former Employee - Technical Support in Daleville, IN
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Daleville, IN

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Able to win prizes as long as you put in the effort. As well as most of the people working there are good people

Cons

Dishonest management, accuse an employee of committing an act then unable or unwilling to provide proof of the act. Instead just firing without even a warning .

Abide by your own policies. If you are going to accuse an employee of violating company policy then provide proof of the act. Give the employee a chance to correct their mistake. CCI lost an outstanding employee and a very hard worker. One of the best advisor CCI in Anderson had on the payroll for the Concentrix account.

Fun Job, but stressful and not so great management.

Former Employee - Senior Advisor in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Advisor in Longmont, CO

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, great training, flexible hours, possible overtime, good pay.

Cons

Horrible management, nit picky, nosey, poorly planned meetings

Stop trying to micromanage

Shaky but optimistic anyway..

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good starting pay, friendly staff

Cons

No cell phones on work floor,
    training schedules were miscommunicated in interview I was signed me up for morning training then two days prior call me to change. Then told me I would have go in as back up in case someone don't show

Don't have job fairs and not able to accomadate employees for training.

The worst company ever

Current Employee - Tier I Tech Support in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Tier I Tech Support in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycheck
    Computer to use for work

Cons

Management are evil thieves who are not properly trained
    Managers treat employees like children by being very disrespectful
    Managers do not work often to help at all
    Managers often quit due to harsh treatment themselves
    High turnover rate
    When paid vacation is earned you're fired

Be respectful
    Have the best intrest for employee
    Don't discipline employees for being in car accidents
    Be kind

Cheap

Current Employee - Cst in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Cst in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Career Connections, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job that pays.

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, poor communications

Pay more get less turn over.

Take this job and shove it!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, WAH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, WAH

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. (less than an year)

Pros

The customers were awesome, enjoyed the job itself, just wish it had been with a different company

Cons

They were not truthful with the hours, the salary or the other projects after the season ended. They started by stating salary would be $9.50 per hour, offer letter came in with $9.25. The offer letter stated training would be 30 hours a week and once in production, hours would vary between 30 and 40. First month in production, hours were only 20 per week. Manager stated that there would be opportunities with other clients once the seasonal job ended. They had no other clients!

Clean house and get new Office managers and team leads

Fun job, but management is SHADY

Former Employee - Tech Support and Quality Analyst
    Former Employee - Tech Support and Quality Analyst

I worked at Career Connections, Inc. part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun job (work at home), incentives, great support and help from fellow co-workers, never an issue with paychecks being incorrect or untimely, company provided computer to work on, overtime available during certain peak periods, no drug test hassle.

Cons

Management is shady . They treat you great when they need you to work hard for them, and then dispose of you afterwards. False promises and low pay. Raises and promotions are given for busy season, and then taken away during slower months. (Of course they don't tell you this is going to happen when they give you the raise and the promotion.)

Keep it real, up the pay a buck or two, and don't let employees who call out constantly keep their jobs. Just because you're paying us crap doesn't mean we are worth being crapped on.