Career Training Academy

Career Training Academy Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Poor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe teachers at the campus cared about the students. Job placement coordinators would go above and beyond to place students.

ConsTypical corporate owned school. It's all about selling students and making quotas. There is no placement test therefore the admissions staff would accept students they know could barely read simply so they could meet there quota.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to manage is to manage employees. Motivate your employees by making them feel like they are making a difference not simply selling students to "buy" your tuition.

I'm glad that the ownership has changed, the industry will benefit.

Okay for Students, Poor Choice for Teachers (Former Employee)

ProsI'm sure that this is a much better place to work now that the ownership has changed. They have made some great strides since my employment and I look forward to a higher quality of graduate.

ConsManagement was horrible. Complience was a concern as well as the regular ad hominum attacks from campus directors which continued well beyond the terms of my employment. Previous owner lacked the wherewithal to face or to make the necessary changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnder new ownership, I expect to see great changes. Already, the changes in management bode well for the future of the school. Remember, the student is your cleint, as is the employer the graduates will work with, and the clients of the employer are all your clients. Think about the full life cycle of your gradutates and the effect that has on your brand. Remember that the business you just purchased did not have the best image in the community. I would suggest touting the "new ownership" and having a new grand opening after you have cleaned up the problems.

Worked for Career Training Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Training Academy reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Career Training Academy employees.