CareerBuilder

www.careerbuilder.com

CareerBuilder Reviews

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is also excellent depending on your group(in 34 reviews)

• Great benefits with tons of learning opportunities(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • I witnessed mediocre sales reps who sucked up to the Sales Director and move from sales(in 22 reviews)

• No office culture or morale due to extremely high turnover(in 12 reviews)

A great place for people who want to work hard and be rewarded appropriately for their work.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCareerBuilder is one of the only employers that I have found where you get out what you put in. It is up to you how well you want to do. There is little office politics and I find it to be a very fair work environment. They reward people who work hard and strive to better themselves everyday. If you are the kind of person who asks yourself what you aren't doing right before looking to blame others you will do very well at CareerBuilder. Overall, I honestly feel that the company expects a lot out of its employees but treats them very well. The pay, perks, benefits, and environment are unbelievable. It really is up to you to determine your future and I like that.

ConsIt is a very hard job and you have to be extremely smart and motivated to do well there. The products we sell are intangible and it is difficult to measure their ROI so you have to be very business savvy to understand how they work and how they benefit companies. Furthermore, it takes an amazing amount of work to really succeed there. It is not a company for people who are just looking for a job but if you want to make something of yourself and start a career, CareerBuilder is a great place to do that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great place to have hard work rewarded

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCareerBuilder is a great place to learn how to sell and improve your skill set. It gives you all the tools and trainings you'll need to become successful with a little hard work on your side. Aside from the actual work involved, the work environment is very relaxed and fun. You would be hard pressed to find somewhere else with as many fun outings as CareerBuilder offers.

ConsIt takes hard work to become successful. If you've never done sales before, or if it is your first job out of school, be prepared to suffer a bit before succeeding.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much really. I would appreciate a more consistent pay plan, rather than one that changes every year.

Great place to work if you can sell!

Senior Online Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat room for fast growth and advancement! You will be shocked how fast you can move up at this company if you can sell!

ConsIt's hard to get started...very hard. You have to cold call very very often. Work hard and don't stop and benefit from all the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess paper! We need to go green as a company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Careerbuilder has helped grow my career from a Customer Service Rep to Senior Sales and developed me as a professional

Senior Account Executive - Recruiter Business Unit (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt is an amazingly agile company that is fast paced and if you are good at what you do your options in the company are available to you

ConsLower level sales has high turnover but also they are taking people with no experience most of the time.
    We feel the effects of the economy like anyone
    Sometimes Managers are promoted because of good sales, not their ability to manage

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep arming your sales people with a valuable product and keep competitive with benefits and careerpath. Challenge your employees who are driven to success and show them results whether it be money or recognition. I've seen people go down in the company strickly because of the hand they were delt or because of lack of experienced management.

Customer focused, employee driven. CareerBuilder.com offers growth opportunities.

Online Specialist Account Manager (Inside Sales) (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCareerBuilder.com offers fair compensation for productivity and effort. The company holds events that encourage employee satisfaction, teamwork, and opportunities to contribute to the work environment. On a regional basis, employee events and outings are held.

Generosity keeps employees happy and productive. Criticism is always constructive. Managers care about growth from each consultant.

ConsTurnover in any sales position is a downside. CareerBuilder.com is not an exception. When you accept an entry level position with CareerBuilder.com, you understand that employment is based on effort and productivity. Some people thrive in sales, others wither.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the avenues of communication open between management and entry level. The efforts of management to listen to problems and help with solutions is admirable. So long as this continues, CareerBuilder.com will continue to grow as an industry leader.

If hardwork reaps rewards, then CareerBuilder equals hardwork.

Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat corporate culture, the opportunities for advancement and to further your professional career are all a great reason to work for CareerBuilder. You are given an opportunity to prove yourself, for those who do a good job at it, are rewarded very generously. If you can prove that you are serious about any job opportunity at CareerBuilder, you will succeed. On top of generous rewards for doing your job, you're also given great benefits, that you would only probably find at a few other select companies.

ConsAny job is hard, especially sales, at CareerBuilder it's either you succeed or you fail in sales, if you succeed you're rewarded accordingly, for those who fail, it's not always the best situation. I don't really see any downsides of working at CareerBuilder, unless you're in a sales position, but then again, it's really up to you to figure that one out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Senior Management has done a great job of modling this company into what it is today. Of course as any other company there are always deficiencies, however, I feel that CareerBuilder is still growing and will only keep finding better ways for dealing with those deficiencies.

6-month employee review

Online Specialist Account Manager (Inside Sales) (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBeing around young people all of the time with the chance to advance your professional career. CareerBuilder holds many events to keep morale up. If you are able to hang around long enough chances are you will gain great experience.

Consthe base pay is low and near impossible to live off of. The work "minimums" are difficult to reach on a regular basis if you are taking care of other work.

Some peoples success can be from the luck of the draw depending on what team they are hired on to, this can be good or bad, it just depends.

It is a high stress entry level sales job, would you expect it to be all roses?

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for taking the advice of your employees, I am sure it is not easy to do seeings how large the company is.

Remember that sometimes dials dials dials are not the answer, quality of quantity would be a better rule of thumb.

Careerbuilder.com is a great place to start a career if you don't mind a little hard work.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCareerbuilder is a company that has an amazing culture / environment as well as opportunity. I love the people that I work with, and there is a big emphasis placed on having a fun culture in the office. There are always opportunities available to grow personally and professionally, and advancemtent is happening all the time. In the 2.5 years I've been here, I've been promoted multiple times and have experienced a very noticable upgrade in pay.

ConsThe entry level position is tough. It takes a lot of pushing through monotonous tasks and seeing the big picture. No one likes to do cold calls all day, but luckily they are professional calls so it isn't too bad. You definitely have to have a good positive attitude though, because dialing all day can be rather draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementTHe greatest thing about the management is that they've pretty much all done the entry level job. I think they do a great job relating to new hires and showing people the possible opportunities that there are. It's important for a company to message the mission to each division and show everyone where they fit in with that - Careerbuilder does this well.

Careerbuilder - The opportunity is what you want it to be.

Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe culture & work environment. The people I work with come from a diverse background. I'm constantly challenged and rewarded when I do well. Careerbuilder has a great PTO policy which allows for a great work life balance.

Cons80% of the employees are in sales so if you are looking for a non-sales position they are tough to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe growth over the last several years has been amazing; how much longer can we expect to see this type of growth or do we foresee it leveling off?

Good place to build your skills

ProsOpportunities are abundant and if you work hard then you can definitely achieve success...

Conshowever it is disconcerting when many people get promoted because they are someone else's best friend and not through meritable work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable for their inadequacies.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!