CareerBuilder
www.careerbuilder.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

CareerBuilder Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Work-Life balance is also excellent depending on your group"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Great benefits with tons of learning opportunities"
    in 37 reviews
Cons:
  • "A decent portion of your bonus is tied to the sales survey given to the sales reps you support"
    in 14 reviews
  • "No office culture or morale due to extremely high turnover"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work if your 22 but if you want a work life balance move on

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsBenefits and room for growth for some. Very good PTO policy and many choices of location. You can move around the company if your manager likes you. They also throw good company outings and have a sales club trip if you hit your numbers.

ConsIt is like a high school. You are expected to live the CB way and you are looked down upon if you don't. Not a good work-life balance. The middle management expects you to live and die CB and usually do not care about home life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like adults and not kids and respect the fact not everyone wants to drink CB Kool Aid

Are you competitive & hard working? This may be the place for you!

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros-Advancement opportunties
-Great bonus structure.
-Great benefit package!

Cons-Competitive sales environment (if you're not a competitive person)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Solid company with strong ethics and amazing innovation.

Major Account Executive (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsWe have a direct impact on changing the lives of our job seekers/consumers while at the same time improving processes and bottom line results for the companies that rely on us to manage their most important assest, their people. truly a world class caliber of employees that are not only creative but very intelligent. Most companies possess a few individuals who are considered exceptional but CareerBuilder has them at every level and within every dept. CareerBuilder does not accept complacency and doesnt allow empolyees to justifty failure. Benefits, pay, and upward mobility are exceptional as well.

Consdecentralization would be the only downside. Segregation of the various sales functions is difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue moving forward and pushing the boundries of human capacity. Technology and business changes hourly therefore staying on the cutting edge and a continued investment is the only way to retain a competitive edge.

Cool job, exciting opportunities and good times.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsThe career opportunities and more

ConsIts a true and blue boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the management is amazing while others fail repeatedly.

This Is Experiencing Better!

National Account Executive (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsCareerbuilder has given me the opportunity to be all the things in my life that I want to be. An active Mom, supportive wife, and successful business professional. I respect the work-life choices I am empowered to make and feel fortunate to have so much opportunity ahead of me.
CareerBuilder has continued to diversify it's efforts by offering our clients more choices for their business than any other competitor in our space.
Our agility in this regard makes us a true partner to our clients. We are viewed as trusted advisors who understand the ever-changing need of our customer by staying in touch with very essence of their business in conjunction with our own.

ConsSorry - not falling for this one...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Thank you for keeping us diversified and for making fiscally responsible decisions in tough economic times.

Great place to work

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CareerBuilder

ProsPromotions are the best thing ever.

ConsTurnover is never a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understandable.

Sales Professional at Careerbuilder

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsCareerbuilder has a lot to offer younger sales professionals looking to grow their careers. For those who are willing to work hard and improve on a daily basis the rewards can be substantial. I view it as an excellent gateway to better business accumen and forward your business career especially if you wish to concentrate on media/online sales.

ConsIt's not easy at the start of your career. You need to be driven to get better everyday to stand out amongst the croud. Also its a young environment and I could imagine it being harder to blend in culturally for older generations.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times they could be more transparent with their plans for the company and their employee base.

CareerBuilder provides the opportunity to grow if you have the passion and desire to do so.

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsThe opportunity to grow professionally is outstanding. The company encourages everyone to get a bachelors and/or master's degree by funding part if not all of it. There is a training budget that encourages everyone to continue growing their skills. The company is also interested in your health by alloting a specified amount every year for each employee that can be put toward gym memberships or exercise equipment. Careerbuilder also demonstrates is concern for mankind through its adoption of a small village in Africa along with local support to various organizations nationally.

ConsWhile there is no perfect company, overall I think the positve nature of the company overshadows the downsides. If hard pressed I would say that the organization gives every leader the opportunity to run their area for the most part as they see fit. At times this can lead to an incontinuity in efficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent in the overall objective and goals of the company as the management does not always share this information with the rank and file. Make a concerted effort to ensure that the leadership team let's everyone know how their role affects and contributes to the objectives and goals.

Careerbuilder: An excellent place to start a career or develop your existing skills

Corporate Account Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsCareerbuilder does a fantastic job both supporting new employees as well as helping to further develop their experienced sales force. In my 13 or so months with this company, I have already been promoted once, and relocated across the country to persue my desired career path. Careerbuilder is unique in the fact that they do not just pay lip service to their ideals and goals, but instead encourage you to actually follow the values they preach, while enabling you to continue to develop new skills and talents to further increase your individual marketability. This is a great place to start a sales career, or to just learn about the industry from the industry leader.

ConsReally, there is very little that I can say is a downside to working for CB. For the most part, the people I have worked with (across all teams) have been easy to do business with, as well as very knowledgeable. If anything, the only thing that I could remotely consider a downside to working at CB is that we don't have quite the brand recognition that some of our cometitors have. Again, this is probably more of a critique when it comes to selling the product, and not the company itself. Overall, I would whole heartedly recommend this company as a place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I would only recommend providing a little more reasoning behind some of the changes that are implemented. But the Senior Management at CB usually does a great job of this.

The company has changed.

Online Specialist Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CareerBuilder

ProsThe benefits and compensation are great, especially at comp plan 6. The company provides a foundation to build a career off of. Great location, right in the heart of the loop, very easy to access via public transportation.

ConsHalf the company operates on a lead based system and the other half operates on an org channel based system and where the two meet, there is disorganization. Could get stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo the extra yard to boost employee morale.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees.