CareerBuilder

www.careerbuilder.com

CareerBuilder Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is also excellent depending on your group(in 34 reviews)

• Great benefits with tons of learning opportunities(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • I witnessed mediocre sales reps who sucked up to the Sales Director and move from sales(in 22 reviews)

• No office culture or morale due to extremely high turnover(in 12 reviews)

I was a contractor. Valued, but not highly valued.

Talent Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYoung staff, creative people, team work valued

ConsContracted, moved desks involuntarily a lot

CareerBuilder is an excellent place to work

Project Strategist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent management, work from home environment, team oriented environment

ConsThere is little upward mobility, and salaries are not up to speed, but benefits are excellent

Grateful for the experience

Major Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary, great communication between all verticals, great high-level involvement, good benefits, high energy work

ConsYour success/failures are based upon the book of business you are given, onboarding wasn't a good experience from the state I worked in, constant reporting and initiatives

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the satellite offices get more attention, especially during ramp up for new employees. I feel was left out to dry for the first three months. Unfortunately i wasnt provided mentorship, shadowing, or a successful road to travel on. The company and their offerings are great, constantly evolving, and very relevant to what corporations need.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic place to meet people and learn but compensation is LOW

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWonderful people, amazing work-life balance (1/2 day Fridays throughout the summer), access to any form of training, education reimbursement, quarterly team fun days, and quarterly bonuses!

ConsCompensation is not IT-market based in Atlanta. Even with quarterly bonuses you will be looking at $15-$25K less in salary due to the added "perks" mentioned (summer Fridays, team fun days, education reimbursement, etc.).

Advice to Senior ManagementUse compensation to not only show value to your employees but to retain them. A lot of good talent walks out the door due to higher paying jobs elsewhere.

SMB Sales from 3/07 until 08/09 - Amazing entry-mid level sales job!

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a great place to work!
    Awesome sales training.
    Sweet benefits.
    Very cool co-workers.
    President's Club vacations are jaw-dropping.
    In 2007, I started with people whom now have Sr. roles at Google, SFDC, and LinkedIn.

ConsHigh-level; fast paced. Only a "con" if you can't handle it.
    You best be ready to WORK/HUSTLE if you are fresh out of college. If you do, the opportunities are endless!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood management.
    Management should work a few accounts (which they opened/grew as reps) while managing.

Major Accounts

ProsGreat culture, great products, great people

ConsMy boss was the one exception to the great people rule

Advice to Senior Managementif one office is turning over talent at a higher rate than another please check it out.

Product Management

Product Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, great work-life balance, great leadership, and an overall great work atmosphere. Careerbuilder has shown that is not afraid to change in order to become a better place to work. The company has done quite a bit for my career already, and will continue to do so in the future.

ConsVery sales-focused, some of the sales reps are very entitled and think the company revolves around them. There are also ceilings at the company once you hit a certain level since leadership has been entrenched for so long.

Sales Consultant

Online Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat culture. Good pay. Good work life balance. Hours were 8:30-5:00. Managers were very approachable. This is a place that if I could, I would go back to.

ConsSome managers were micro managers because your performance reflected their pay. Lots of meetings that took time away from your day, but some meetings were necessary like training.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

CareerBuilder isn't a Respec

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe good think about working at CareerBuider EMEA is that sometimes you have the opportunity to travel, problem is that often who is entitled to travel in EMEA is decided by the management upon personal preferences and not. So, if the senior management doesn’t enjoy your social presence you’ll probably stay home..

ConsExceptionally low salary, no matter what is your background and experience, they know there is crisis in Europe and you’ll get a ridiculous salary while expecting exceptional performances.
    In Europe ad EMEA the big Managers are Americans only with very rare exceptions, often covering roles not fit with their background but well bounded with the senior management. Also, the Directors of CareerBuilder EMEA have no knowledge nor interest in the local culture.
    They have closed local offices because they were not able to retain Employees nor Clients and when they do they fire the left Employees without even giving a redundancy. This is how fare they care about Employees. If you don’t want to get stocked to a Company just because you didn’t find a job before and then because they promise you some career BUILDING (clearly you will get your tasks doubled with no changes to the salary) don’t work for CareerBuilder.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareerBuilder US Management, you should make sure that your European Leaders actually work in respect of the law and of the people you hire. I do approve on the US Management but not on the European Management; still won't approve on Matt as he should check better.

Best career decision I ever made

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGives SO much insight into different industries. Our solutions truly make an impact on our clients business. I 100% believe in the products and services I recommend and sell.

ConsTraveling is involved so if that's not in the cards for you I'd look somewhere else.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!