CareerBuilder Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
3.6

CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson
Matt Ferguson

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, I never saw people burned out from overwork (in 40 reviews)

• Great benefits with tons of learning opportunities (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • I witnessed mediocre sales reps who sucked up to the Sales Director and move from sales (in 16 reviews)

• No office culture or morale due to extremely high turnover (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

work-life balance, rewarding job, solid benefits, awesome awards trips...CB really invests in their employees

Cons

Salary and sometimes mixed messages about company direction from leadership.

Great Place To Start Career!

I worked at CareerBuilder (more than an year)

Pros

My Experience at CareerBuilder was a pleasant one, which allowed for growth and development with company support. The Trips are amazing!

Cons

Young culture... Often leads to being treated like a child.

The sky's the limit

Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CB really is a great company to work for. It's great for those just breaking their teeth as well as experienced executives. They will always recognize hard work and reward and promote accordingly! If you're in sales and performing, you can write your own ticket.

Cons

I honestly have to stretch to think of cons for CB. Yes, I've read other reviews about Micro - Managers, but it IS a sales organization first and foremost. The only con that I can think of is I have seen top performers, who have truly done above and beyond work, not get total support when needed. CB tends to be the type of place that so long as you're "problem - free" and hitting you numbers then all is well. Again, I'm stretching to find cons...

Keep listening to the employees, the "Ideas from Everywhere" competition is awesome! The Wrigley Field event was always my favorite thing (other than trip) and keep killing it at Kickoff, it provides a great "refresher"

Great Culture and many learning opportunities

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Started working a little less than a year ago right out of college. Very laid back culture. Upper management doesn't put any stress on employees and really value our input on decisions.
    Upper management also really encourages learning. Whether it be practical things used in the work place or taking classes at nearby university.

Cons

Although the living costs of living in Georgia are much lower than other cities with a lot of technology, (SF, NY, CHI). The pay still seems to be less aggressive than other technology companies.

Sales

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

Amazing company to work for...

Cons

Quota can be aggressive and hard to maintain but the benefits of doing well is outstanding

Keep being amazing

AE

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

Great place to work and learn

Cons

none, I have learned a lot here.

Amazing

Current Employee - National Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - National Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and freedom.

Cons

Tough comp plan, high expectations

Flexible, Innovation driven and Friendly work culture with great perks!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working with CB for less than six months now, and I can tell this company has a great future. Great leadership, extremely friendly work culture and great perks if you're a performer. Awesome incentives and a chance to travel the world !

Cons

Not many, you do tend to put in longer work hours, however that's completely voluntary. The India product needs to improve, which I am sure will over the next few years!

Great experience and resume builder

Current Employee - Client Advocate in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Client Advocate in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong training programs and diverse training offerings. Plenty of opportunity if you step up. Good people are promoted as soon as 6 months after accepting a role. Fast movement for the motivated, and good experience. Team outings, beer socials, great full benefits, 401k, tuition reimbursement, etc. Fun culture, fun people, fun to come to work and do the job. Positive reinforcement, macromanaged.

Cons

Pay is below industry average. Other companies love to hire former CB employees for way more money. Some good people get overlooked too often for promotion, as it can be sort of who's who and popularity contest when they evaluate internals. That being said, sometimes the good candidates don't try as hard for the position, so read it how you want, I guess. The idea is to be the best schmoozer without coming off like a schmooz.

Sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Work life balance, tech company, always training on sales and the products. Always innovating in the HR space.
    I have worked in sales positions for different companies before and none have come close to the incentives, training, leadership and support as CareerBuilder does.
    Culture is amazing, happy hours all the time. The sales teams work together wtih the manager to plan events and strategies to discuss with clients.
    Technical support is something you learn as a sales rep. Good and bad you arent just asked to sell and say goodbye to the customer, you are given the opportunity to fully ingrain your services into the companies that need help.

Cons

Need to work hard
    You are not only sales you do have some rolls as a technical advisor. I enjoy this aspect as it brings me closer to my clients and help me builder deeper more meaningful relationships but some would say this is a waste of a sales person time. I disagree

Keep heading in the direction you are going and stay private! we have power over the public competition this way.