CareersUSA Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
1.8

Marilyn J. Ounjian

Not just a job but a Career! Always happy to come to work

Current Employee - Recruiter/Business Development  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CareersUSA full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have taught me so much about staffing and much more. I am constantly learning and I feel they truly care about me and my development. I have been there for over a year now and every week is exciting. Between my salary and commissions I have been making great money. Best part of the job is that my co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we are a team.

Cons

No cons that i can see.

I love the weekly sales meetings/open forum where we can discuss anything. Keep those going. Also the monthly team lunch is great.

Shameful & False Reviews

Former Employee - Education Advisor  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Education Advisor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are NONE! They will find you work, but at VERY low pay and provide FALSE information about the assignment you will have.

Cons

*** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ***

Let's begin with the "Positive" reviews on here. It seems that the only positive reviews have come from individuals who actually work for CareersUSA in one of their offices; they are not clients that are being placed on assignment. These are the individuals who make money off of temps by not providing accurate information about their assignments. A temp to perm person would start their assignments under false pretense, but then realize they are not performing the duties of what was expected of them and the chances of being hired permanently are VERY RARE. Unfortunately, by that time, it is too late, and they WILL NOT try to re-assign you to a better assignment, even though they tell you so.

I'm not saying there are never good experiences, but it's obvious that most of these "Positive" reviews are a little scripted and planted to give some sense of credibility to CareersUSA.

After all that is said and done, CareersUSA does NOT have the best interest of their employees in mind. They want to make as much money off of their temps and will continue to lie and pretend they want to help.

*** FACT ***
    The longer a temp works for CareersUSA, or any staffing agency, the more money the agency makes. It is NOT ideal for an agency to have one of their temps hired permanently. Even though they do get some money when this happens, it is more profitable to keep a temp on as an employee of the agency. Some agencies actually do try to help, but CareersUSA is all about the money and will lie to you to make money off of your hard work.

If you do decide to accept on offer from CareersUSA, get ALL the facts in WRITING.

Hope this helps, and good luck to you all.

I'm not sure if any suggestions to management will help because the problem IS THE MANAGEMENT. They know exactly what is going on and obviously does not care because this has been going on for a VERY LONG TIME ... YEARS!

Please do not beleive the positive reviews!

Former Employee - Sales Director  in  Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Phila, PA

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much positive to say. Its terrible.

Cons

Please do not beleive any reviews on here you read from Boca Raton. The CEO has many family members working for the company and within the past year had a meeting to try to change the negative perception of the company on this site. It is certainly family members who are writing the positive reviews. In reality, there is NOTHING positive about this company. Deciding to make a move to this company completely ruined my life for a year, even though I was only employed here for 3 months due to no personal fault. This "family run" company is run by AWFUL business people. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE!

Ou are without a doubt some of the worst managment/people in business. You lack everything good about a successful business. Please retire and try to change your spoiled children!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall very positive experience

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in the HQ, you are close to management, which is a huge plus in my opinion. They are easily accessible for advice, input, and training on most things. The coworker relations are also very good; people are very professional, but casual, with each other at the same time. Its a very nice work environment to be in on a day to day basis. Your work day will be busy, but the day flies by and the work itself is fulfilling.

Cons

The work can be demanding, and at times you will have to work past/outside of the normal work day. However, that is part of the job and happens only occasionally.

Continue initiatives to improve the company and morale - I think they are doing great so far.

Solid company with strong leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

I have worked for the company and been a client. This is a company full of strong leadership and innovation in the industry. As an employee I felt that I grew professionally and left with tools that will aid me throughout my career. As a client there is no comparison to other staffing companies. CareersUSA is by far the best at providing quality candidates and customer service in comparison to competitors.

Cons

The biggest challenge actually was what I am most appreciative for: working amongst strong and talented colleagues and managers. You need to be on your toes here. There are no "off" days. I imagine that this factor has been a huge part of their success.

Set aside more time to get to know other staff members outside of individual offices.

Working here will give you a stomach ulcer.

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stomach ulcers are a great diet- you can easily lose 10 pounds in a week. You will also have a lot of time to reflect on where you went wrong in life by accepting a job from CareersUSA. You will have great appreciation of every manager you have in the future, because you know what lack of guidance feels like.

Cons

1. No training or corporate structure. It's like Marilyn woke up one day and said "I think I'll start a company today."
    2. Nepotism is high and backstabbing is second nature. Don't expect support from ANYONE, except for the kind people that left before you and know what you are going through
    3. You will never have a day off or go home for the holiday's because turnover is so high you are almost always in a 1 person office... and if you are really lucky, you have a temp admin.
    4. They are too cheap to send people to the lab for clients that require drug testing... I hope you like urine!!
    5. You will use systems that were created when you were born (25+ years ago)
    6. You will live in fear because you never know when your office is being spied on through a web cam or your computer is being shadowed.
    7. You will learn to not cry when people yell at you and put you down in front of others, you just become numb to it.

Get a soul.

Family Run. Just Terrible behavior

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

no pros do not work in branch

Cons

do not work in branch office

This company is full of lies and they aren't fooling anyone Run! Run! Run! As Fast as You Can! AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

Leaving was the best think I ever did.

Cons

They opened their doors and hired their family to run their business.

Stop fooling yourself and stop placing your family in roles of importance when they are unqualified and barely educated.

Do Not Work for this Company!

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will REALLY appreciate every job you have after this one.

Cons

This is a horrible company with no integrity. Just days before my start date, they called me and told me that they were going to pay me $2,000 less than the salary they had originally offered. At this point I had already quit my previous job. Beware! Supervisors will lie to you and mislead you to get you to work there. After ten months, I was so desperate to leave that I quit before I had a firm offer from another job.

You will have to complete a ton of useless reports that no one reads. The technology is embarrassingly outdated. You will regularly hear your supervisors (not so discreetly) badmouth other employees. You will be given laughably unrealistic quotas each week. The company makes it impossible for you to make commission. You will have a ton of work and responsibilities but not receive proportional compensation or respect. You will be blamed for things on a daily basis that are not your fault. Corporate and National Accounts will sell you out in a heartbeat. They are spiteful and vindictive.

Right before I left, corporate expressed concern over all of the bad publicity, turnover, and negative Glassdoor reviews for CareersUSA. They had a meeting with the regional directors to discuss how they could boost their image. It’s very convenient that there are suddenly three new (very fake sounding) glowing reviews about the company in the past month.

Treat your employees with respect and dignity.

Welcome to your nightmares!

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro for me was at the time all management was in Florida so I only had to deal with them via phone or email, not in person.

Cons

God, where do I begin....?

1.) Well you have the biggest one, Marilyn Ounjian, the CEO. She makes sure she is copied on all of your emails daily, then blasts you questions about every one of them. - She literally has IT set up a tab for each site and each employee so she can see your actual inbox and sent emails.
    2.) At time of hire commission plans are explained to you as if you have a chance of earning bonus money by meeting goals. - They fail to tell you the truth... You will not make commissions, read the fine print of the plan.
    3.) Contests they never pay out on.
    4.) Support systems (aside from Mandy Wilson the VP of Ops) that is clueless. Mandy is wonderful. I am shocked at how the hell she does it.
    5.) Be prepared to do report after report that no one reads, but then you will be asked 100000 questions about the information on the report that you just need to answer again.
    6.) Turn over.. Tons of it.. Your internal staff if you are a Manager and your sales people will be gone in weeks. Even if they have done awesome in 90-days with appointments and potential, they will fire them anyway because its all about the $$ to Marilyn.
    7.) Technology stinks and the IT guys are worse.
    8.) You are expected to work long hours and weekends and no one is every thanked.

I could go on and on... The reviews are true people.. I worked here in Branch Management for almost 2 years. - I took less money and a longer drive to leave this place.

If Mandy ran the place it would triple its business. Marilyn needs a serious reality check. She is the devil.

Worked for CareersUSA? Contribute to the Community!