CareersUSA

www.careersusa.com

CareersUSA Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
CareersUSA – Boca Raton – “Company Headquarters”

Marilyn J. Ounjian

Not just a job but a Career! Always happy to come to work

Recruiter/Business Development (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThey have taught me so much about staffing and much more. I am constantly learning and I feel they truly care about me and my development. I have been there for over a year now and every week is exciting. Between my salary and commissions I have been making great money. Best part of the job is that my co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we are a team.

ConsNo cons that i can see.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the weekly sales meetings/open forum where we can discuss anything. Keep those going. Also the monthly team lunch is great.

Overall very positive experience

Account Executive (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsWorking in the HQ, you are close to management, which is a huge plus in my opinion. They are easily accessible for advice, input, and training on most things. The coworker relations are also very good; people are very professional, but casual, with each other at the same time. Its a very nice work environment to be in on a day to day basis. Your work day will be busy, but the day flies by and the work itself is fulfilling.

ConsThe work can be demanding, and at times you will have to work past/outside of the normal work day. However, that is part of the job and happens only occasionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue initiatives to improve the company and morale - I think they are doing great so far.

Solid company with strong leadership.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsI have worked for the company and been a client. This is a company full of strong leadership and innovation in the industry. As an employee I felt that I grew professionally and left with tools that will aid me throughout my career. As a client there is no comparison to other staffing companies. CareersUSA is by far the best at providing quality candidates and customer service in comparison to competitors.

ConsThe biggest challenge actually was what I am most appreciative for: working amongst strong and talented colleagues and managers. You need to be on your toes here. There are no "off" days. I imagine that this factor has been a huge part of their success.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet aside more time to get to know other staff members outside of individual offices.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working here will give you a stomach ulcer.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsStomach ulcers are a great diet- you can easily lose 10 pounds in a week. You will also have a lot of time to reflect on where you went wrong in life by accepting a job from CareersUSA. You will have great appreciation of every manager you have in the future, because you know what lack of guidance feels like.

Cons1. No training or corporate structure. It's like Marilyn woke up one day and said "I think I'll start a company today."
    2. Nepotism is high and backstabbing is second nature. Don't expect support from ANYONE, except for the kind people that left before you and know what you are going through
    3. You will never have a day off or go home for the holiday's because turnover is so high you are almost always in a 1 person office... and if you are really lucky, you have a temp admin.
    4. They are too cheap to send people to the lab for clients that require drug testing... I hope you like urine!!
    5. You will use systems that were created when you were born (25+ years ago)
    6. You will live in fear because you never know when your office is being spied on through a web cam or your computer is being shadowed.
    7. You will learn to not cry when people yell at you and put you down in front of others, you just become numb to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a soul.

Family Run. Just Terrible behavior

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosno pros do not work in branch

Consdo not work in branch office

This company is full of lies and they aren't fooling anyone Run! Run! Run! As Fast as You Can! AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeaving was the best think I ever did.

ConsThey opened their doors and hired their family to run their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop fooling yourself and stop placing your family in roles of importance when they are unqualified and barely educated.

Do Not Work for this Company!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsYou will REALLY appreciate every job you have after this one.

ConsThis is a horrible company with no integrity. Just days before my start date, they called me and told me that they were going to pay me $2,000 less than the salary they had originally offered. At this point I had already quit my previous job. Beware! Supervisors will lie to you and mislead you to get you to work there. After ten months, I was so desperate to leave that I quit before I had a firm offer from another job.

You will have to complete a ton of useless reports that no one reads. The technology is embarrassingly outdated. You will regularly hear your supervisors (not so discreetly) badmouth other employees. You will be given laughably unrealistic quotas each week. The company makes it impossible for you to make commission. You will have a ton of work and responsibilities but not receive proportional compensation or respect. You will be blamed for things on a daily basis that are not your fault. Corporate and National Accounts will sell you out in a heartbeat. They are spiteful and vindictive.

Right before I left, corporate expressed concern over all of the bad publicity, turnover, and negative Glassdoor reviews for CareersUSA. They had a meeting with the regional directors to discuss how they could boost their image. It’s very convenient that there are suddenly three new (very fake sounding) glowing reviews about the company in the past month.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and dignity.

Welcome to your nightmares!

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe only pro for me was at the time all management was in Florida so I only had to deal with them via phone or email, not in person.

ConsGod, where do I begin....?

1.) Well you have the biggest one, Marilyn Ounjian, the CEO. She makes sure she is copied on all of your emails daily, then blasts you questions about every one of them. - She literally has IT set up a tab for each site and each employee so she can see your actual inbox and sent emails.
    2.) At time of hire commission plans are explained to you as if you have a chance of earning bonus money by meeting goals. - They fail to tell you the truth... You will not make commissions, read the fine print of the plan.
    3.) Contests they never pay out on.
    4.) Support systems (aside from Mandy Wilson the VP of Ops) that is clueless. Mandy is wonderful. I am shocked at how the hell she does it.
    5.) Be prepared to do report after report that no one reads, but then you will be asked 100000 questions about the information on the report that you just need to answer again.
    6.) Turn over.. Tons of it.. Your internal staff if you are a Manager and your sales people will be gone in weeks. Even if they have done awesome in 90-days with appointments and potential, they will fire them anyway because its all about the $$ to Marilyn.
    7.) Technology stinks and the IT guys are worse.
    8.) You are expected to work long hours and weekends and no one is every thanked.

I could go on and on... The reviews are true people.. I worked here in Branch Management for almost 2 years. - I took less money and a longer drive to leave this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf Mandy ran the place it would triple its business. Marilyn needs a serious reality check. She is the devil.

A big mistake

Sales Director (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsThe company talks a pretty good game and makes you feel welcome (at first).

ConsThe turnover is unreal at this company. Most people quit after a few weeks. This is the biggest mistake of my professional life to leave a decent job to come here. The place is an absolute train wreck. The owner of Careers USA (Marylyn) has cameras everywhere and monitors all of your e0mails and activities while in FLA. She is the most horrendous human being I have ever encountered.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your company!!

You will never work harder with out making any progress in your life

ProsYou will learn how to be a receptionist, how to do outside sales (no official training,) inside sales, how to be micro-managed, how to be stalked, and how to work extremely hard with little reward. You're going to be amazing at your next job!

ConsYou will be micro-managed, belittled, spied on (they use the time and attendance web cam to spy on offices,) and be very careful when signing the confidentiality agreement, because they are spiteful when you leave. Also, you will set your technology skills back 10-15 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not too late to start over!

Worked for CareersUSA? Contribute to the Community!