Carenet Healthcare Services

John Erwin

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Patient Advocate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities at this company. I definitely recommend this company to a friend or family member.

Cons

The company is still growing. The base pay is at the low end. However at this company if you show hard work, dedication and passion, you can gain experience and increase the your earnings.

Carenet is a glassroofed company that never sees value in its employees only in the cliques that are allowed to exist.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was hired to work there.

Cons

No pay raises ever. Movement upward is only feasable if your a woman, attractive, young and snitch on everyone around you as well as a ubber brown noser. On the shared que side too many contracts to learn and everything you do is wrong which STOPS you from getting your bonuses. Mgmt never comes up to you to tell you your doing well only with what is wrong with you and your work. Employee day is a joke with taking its people to a local park for exercise sports and recreation when 90% of the people are not into any activity offered there. When ever a new survey is about to be given on how the company is doing there is always a "feeding" of over cooked hotdogs and burgers to sway your vote and its outcome. Expect ineptitude in your manager and leads since they didn't move up because what they know its who they know. Nepotism is alive and well in this company.

Allow raises to coincide with the cost of living. when 1/2 the people working for you is needing to be on foodstamps to live and the other half is calling on help from the company to get supplies for there kids to go back to school. Show off the good of what your employees do not only the bad and the rewards you give out make sure others get nominate for the way to go awards and not the same mgmt, leads, front office people all the time.

Flexible Schedules, but Not Very Employee Focused

Current Employee - Lead  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Lead in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Carenet is extremely flexible with work schedules being they have a department that is 24/7/365 which enables everyone a chance to comfortably work a schedule that they need to fit in school, a second job, family care, etc.

This company is also very good about not giving up on employees if they struggle with the assigned task. If you're not in the right department or schedule, the management actually tries to reach out to you to find you a place to belong within the company instead of simply giving you the choice of quit or get fired.

Cons

The training, while improving, is very inconsistent with the actual work on the production floor (at least with the department I work in) which in my position can cause me to play a lot of damage control.

There are no structured raises in this company whatsoever which entirely discourages growth.

Training isn't the only part of the company that has communication issues either. It is very easy to get multiple answers for the same question, often conflicting answers.

Be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to solving problems with production.

Forcing all employees to take time to create presentations for you on why they deserve a raise is a sure fire way to increase attrition.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like no place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There is so many pros to working at this company including very flexible schedules for every life event that is thrown your way, fun and exciting work related activities, employee recognition ceremonies, and probably the most important caring management. I have worked at Carenet for a few years now and I have seen it go from a small company through the hiring ramp up last year. It has been an exciting ride and a pleasure to be a part of. I often find myself smiling on the way into work because I truly love my job, enjoy the people I surround myself with and what the mission of this company is, to help people. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in and life is what you make it and because of that belief I feel my experience here has been great. Nothing gets in your way of happiness unless you allow it. I have created some really great personal and professional relationships that I believe will last all because if this place.

Cons

Cons to this company is the lack of communication between departments. Often times things are not ready to go live and the employees notice this as it is visible by the leadership team running around trying to get things up and running, lots of lack of urgency. Create an open line of communication and follow through with it. This lack of communication has created postponements of programs which means no calling. This means individuals are not working and creates unhappy employees. I've seen leads run out and extended ETO occurs again unhappy employees then employees become upset with leadership and trust is then an issue.

Lack of policy enforcement, for example the dress code. You can walk around and see many that are dressed very professional and then others not so much. Easy fix enforce the policy and follow through with it. Be consistent.

Pay could be more competitive.

Developed your employees more with monitoring and coaching. Give cost of living increases, enforce the policies for everyone. Be more prepared by working together with each other.

Dream job

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

Cons

Working remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Doing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

Cons

Working at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Doing a fantastic job!!!

Very friendly and provides ongoing training and tools

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work culture and ongoing training and tools

Cons

None so far as I believe it's what you make of in any job.

It is enjoyable, challenging and FUN!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people! Team environment. I am happy to go to work every morning. Core values are: Smile First, Work with Gusto, Be Memorable, Enjoy the Ride, Do What is Right, Strike A Balance.

Cons

Parking is a little limited.

We love the company mixers, the Food Trucks, the blood drives, the free soft drinks, and the games! Keep them coming! It makes work fun and creates a family, team environment.

Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN  in  New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC

Pros

Having supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

Cons

We work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Keep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

Care Advisor RN

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

The company culture is VERY positive, and everyone--VP to QA to staff--have been positive, friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to have a nursing job with management THIS supportive and positive!
    Working from home is a major plus.
    ALL the RN's have been positive and helpful!!!

Cons

The pay isn't stellar. I took a bit of a pay cut for this position.
    Training is very quick....they've shortened it from several weeks to 2.5 weeks.

Worked for Carenet Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!