Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews

John Erwin

1. great company

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great flexibility and culture is very upbeat

Cons

not too many advancement opportunities

Former Care Coordinator

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible shift, co workers very positive and supportive

Cons

Managers are unprofessional and inconsistent. Personal relationships precede production

Advice to Management

Be more professional

3. Avoid Like the Plague

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Free soft drinks and coffee. Food Trucks with reduced prices on occasion.

Cons

Let me start by saying that I worked at Carenet for almost four years, was promoted, and thought that I was going to spend my career there. I sincerely wanted it to work out. But, soon after I was hired, I started to wonder how Carenet was named one of San Antonio's "Best Places to Work" in 2013. I noticed one of the other reviews that said something along the lines of "i can't understand all of the bad reviews; there are going to be bad eggs, but it's a great place to work." Naturally, that was most likely posted by HR or management. Don't be fooled. Carenet is a mess. The company culture is in shambles and the core values are mocked because all of the care coordinators and engagement specialists who are actually on the phones and doing the real work are rarely smiling, enjoying what they do, etc. And the core value "enjoy the ride?" Ha! We all laughed at that one because, most of the time, rules, policies, and procedures were changing on a DAILY basis and we couldn't keep up, so no one knew what process was the correct process from day to day, minute to minute. Most promotions that are made internally are not posted on the internal job site. Instead, someone tells a potential candidate that "a position MIGHT be opening up that I think you'd be great for," and then, in the blink of and eye, the rumor mill begins. And it's constant. People become resentful when they find out that they are being passed over for a less senior associate, etc etc It's pure chaos. And if you are a care coordinator or on the phones in another capacity, one of the metrics that your bonus is based on is customer service. Your calls are all recorded and randomly monitored and scored. Some are scored by a special team and others are scored by your leads on the floor who will then sit with you and talk about the call with you and tell you why the scored the call the way they did. What's the problem with this system? If you have 5 people listen to the same call, everyone is most likely going to grade it differently. Why? Because Carenet seriously needs to train everyone who scores calls on HOW to score calls! Because, right now, everyone is pretty much winging it. It's another broken process that needs to be fixed. I ultimately left the company because I realized that the chaos had no end in sight and once I realized that my "promotion" was actually a demotion. There was no increase in pay and, since I was no longer on the phones, they took away my bonuses for customer service, attendance, etc that I would get as a care coordinator. So, you guessed it, I actually got promoted and my paychecks took a huge hit. I was never told that this would happen and I was shocked when I realized the pay decrease. When I mentioned it to management that I was actually make less money, they just shrugged it off. And by that point, I'd accepted the job and felt like I couldn't back out. Talk about a moral booster!

Advice to Management

Stop the rumor mill. Post all jobs, internal and external on the job board, no more job rumors! You could decrease your turnover rate by improving company culture. It needs an overhaul. You can't keep hiding behind the core values. Those are simply band aids at this point. Provide more comprehensive customer service training for agents who will be on the phones to help give them better insight into what you expect from them as far as the score cards are concerned. Don't forget third shift!! They are always forgotten! They do not feel like they are a part of the company because they never get to take part in functions, food trucks, etc. You have an entire shift of people who need a serious morale boost, and a feeling of belonging.

5. Engagement Specialist

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere free sodas and coffee amd great benefits like gym and life Insurance.Great perks like celebrations and locations and schedules.

Cons

Never a annual pay raise and not likely to move up in the company Lead and Management favoritism and unprofessional behavior.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect every one as equal and not talk down to Agents also Practice what you preach if you're representatives have to follow Company rules so should you ie; Internet search eating on the floor and talking about other representatives demeanor.

6. Great company

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

Management is amazing and the people are extremely nice.

Cons

Not enough room to move up.

7. All work...no praises and no reviews

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

Small nit departments so you know everyone

Cons

Long hours, no direction, no process and poor requirements & poor quality assurance so product goes into Production with lots of errors/defects. No annual merit increases unless you suck up to your boss or have lunches with him. You have to threaten to quit before they'll counter offer...which some have threaten to quit more than once in a year. Unless your in management or the original first 15 employees, these select few receives annual increases, bonus & shareholder stock payouts.

Advice to Management

Rewards your employees. If you give performance reviews, then honor they're hard work by rewarding with a merit increase.

8. Pleasant

Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

-Free Fountain Drinks, Coffe, Tea -Easiest Phone calls ever -Wonderful coworkers

Cons

Pays only 10$ an hour No overtime available Childish supervisors

Advice to Management

Stop flirting and playing around woth each other focus on the needs of the employees.

Great Gig

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

Easy peasy. Just basic work, with a slight chance to advance later on.

Cons

Pay could be better, but what can you do.

Working at Carenet is a JOY

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Carenet is the PEOPLE. We are truly a family and live our core values everyday, it's a simple formula - Smile First - Enjoy the Ride - Strike a Balance - Work with Gusto I find it extremely gratifying to be in a position to actually help people with their health care needs. This is a fast growing company with unlimited opportunity - believe the hype, it's all true.

Cons

Limited parking, also an example of our success and growth. Leadership has addressed this by finding alternate parking space at nearby businesses and purchasing a golf cart that is driven by a security officer who constantly circles the parking offering rides to and from your car. It's disappointing to see negative comments on Glassdoor, every company has a few bad eggs that don't work out. However, they are few and far between at Carenet. If you are looking for a great opportunity and long term success, check out our website and apply today.

Advice to Management

Stay the course !!

Ok could be better

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services (Less than a year)

Pros

ability to work from home, monthly nurse care package,

Cons

Communication issues, say one thing then they change it, Always more documentation, but feel it can be done in the same time frames constant answer of " it will only take a minute". Schedule not consistent can change whenever due to "business needs". No room for advancement for some unless your a favorite or something. Has to be a reason why most nurses have been employed here around a year or so. No raises ever after 90 days, since you can obtain a bonus if you meet the criteria. Some nurses are expected to obtain multiple nursing licenses in other states your time to get the required information is not compensated (photos, fingerprints, notarizing etc). As for me the work life balance is not there, for others it may be.

RSS Feed </> Embed