Carenet Healthcare Services

John Erwin

Flexible Schedules, but Not Very Employee Focused

Lead (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsCarenet is extremely flexible with work schedules being they have a department that is 24/7/365 which enables everyone a chance to comfortably work a schedule that they need to fit in school, a second job, family care, etc.

This company is also very good about not giving up on employees if they struggle with the assigned task. If you're not in the right department or schedule, the management actually tries to reach out to you to find you a place to belong within the company instead of simply giving you the choice of quit or get fired.

ConsThe training, while improving, is very inconsistent with the actual work on the production floor (at least with the department I work in) which in my position can cause me to play a lot of damage control.

There are no structured raises in this company whatsoever which entirely discourages growth.

Training isn't the only part of the company that has communication issues either. It is very easy to get multiple answers for the same question, often conflicting answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive rather than reactive when it comes to solving problems with production.

Forcing all employees to take time to create presentations for you on why they deserve a raise is a sure fire way to increase attrition.

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

San Antonio, TX

ProsThe pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

ConsWorking at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a fantastic job!!!

Very friendly and provides ongoing training and tools

Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsTeam work culture and ongoing training and tools

ConsNone so far as I believe it's what you make of in any job.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like no place I've ever worked

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsThere is so many pros to working at this company including very flexible schedules for every life event that is thrown your way, fun and exciting work related activities, employee recognition ceremonies, and probably the most important caring management. I have worked at Carenet for a few years now and I have seen it go from a small company through the hiring ramp up last year. It has been an exciting ride and a pleasure to be a part of. I often find myself smiling on the way into work because I truly love my job, enjoy the people I surround myself with and what the mission of this company is, to help people. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in and life is what you make it and because of that belief I feel my experience here has been great. Nothing gets in your way of happiness unless you allow it. I have created some really great personal and professional relationships that I believe will last all because if this place.

ConsCons to this company is the lack of communication between departments. Often times things are not ready to go live and the employees notice this as it is visible by the leadership team running around trying to get things up and running, lots of lack of urgency. Create an open line of communication and follow through with it. This lack of communication has created postponements of programs which means no calling. This means individuals are not working and creates unhappy employees. I've seen leads run out and extended ETO occurs again unhappy employees then employees become upset with leadership and trust is then an issue.

Lack of policy enforcement, for example the dress code. You can walk around and see many that are dressed very professional and then others not so much. Easy fix enforce the policy and follow through with it. Be consistent.

Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloped your employees more with monitoring and coaching. Give cost of living increases, enforce the policies for everyone. Be more prepared by working together with each other.

Dream job

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsThere are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

ConsWorking remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

It is enjoyable, challenging and FUN!

San Antonio, TX

ProsNice people! Team environment. I am happy to go to work every morning. Core values are: Smile First, Work with Gusto, Be Memorable, Enjoy the Ride, Do What is Right, Strike A Balance.

ConsParking is a little limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe love the company mixers, the Food Trucks, the blood drives, the free soft drinks, and the games! Keep them coming! It makes work fun and creates a family, team environment.

Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!

New Bern, NC

ProsHaving supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

ConsWe work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

Care Advisor RN

ProsThe company culture is VERY positive, and everyone--VP to QA to staff--have been positive, friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to have a nursing job with management THIS supportive and positive!
    Working from home is a major plus.
    ALL the RN's have been positive and helpful!!!

ConsThe pay isn't stellar. I took a bit of a pay cut for this position.
    Training is very quick....they've shortened it from several weeks to 2.5 weeks.

Great Culture

Care Coordinator (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsI love that the business is about Healthcare and how everyday we help people in a confusing industry.The production management is always helpfull and they are always trying to do the right thing

Consmy hours needed some flexibilty and sometimes that just didn't work out ..but overall they work with me

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the food trucks, games, bar b q going they are great

Stay Away if you value your career

Care Advisor (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsWorking at home, being with family, co-workers

ConsAwful Management, poor values, and zero integrity. This company is the worst I have ever worked for. To begin with ALL management consists of women who are moody, unprofessional, and rude. Furthermore, they are unqualified to supervise, instruct, or otherwise influence anyone. Additionally,they use deceptive, falsified reviews and pay rates on other sites to recruit nursing staff,and are unprofessional, ruthlessly vengeful if you cross them, disagree with them, or stand up for what is right. When I first began there I was told I would make a specific hourly pay with subsequent reviews and pay raises which never happened, they lied. On a weekly basis nurses quit and I was the ONLY one left from my entire group of new hires. Another thing is that they expect you to spend less than one minute performing your initial assessment which is impossible. They find and manufacture various unreasonable circumstances for their staff so that they can get rid of those they dislike and withhold bonuses from high performers. Consistently, they abandon all rules and regulations to correspond with their intentions or whatever scheme they have going on at the time. In addition, nurses are not allowed to make decisions based on their own competence professional experience, and training, and have to provide sources and references for everything they say to patients. Stay away!
    I

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees badly and hire/promote people who are qualified. Lead by example, reward high performers, pay what you say you will, review your employees performances regularly and be accountable then maybe you can actually retain your employees.

Worked for Carenet Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carenet Healthcare Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carenet Healthcare Services CEO John Erwin. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Carenet Healthcare Services employees.