Carenet Healthcare Services

Updated Jul 24, 2014

John Erwin

Dream job

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThere are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

ConsWorking remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

Care Advisor RN (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

ConsWorking at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a fantastic job!!!

Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!

Care Advisor RN (Current Employee) New Bern, NC

ProsHaving supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

ConsWe work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is enjoyable, challenging and FUN!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsNice people! Team environment. I am happy to go to work every morning. Core values are: Smile First, Work with Gusto, Be Memorable, Enjoy the Ride, Do What is Right, Strike A Balance.

ConsParking is a little limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe love the company mixers, the Food Trucks, the blood drives, the free soft drinks, and the games! Keep them coming! It makes work fun and creates a family, team environment.

Very friendly and provides ongoing training and tools

Care Advisor RN (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsTeam work culture and ongoing training and tools

ConsNone so far as I believe it's what you make of in any job.

Care Advisor RN

ProsThe company culture is VERY positive, and everyone--VP to QA to staff--have been positive, friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to have a nursing job with management THIS supportive and positive!
    Working from home is a major plus.
    ALL the RN's have been positive and helpful!!!

ConsThe pay isn't stellar. I took a bit of a pay cut for this position.
    Training is very quick....they've shortened it from several weeks to 2.5 weeks.

Best company ever!

easy to obtain expectations/metrics
    great work environment
    wonderful supervisors
    great group of peers
    Kindness and concern from all levels
    decent pay
    work/life balance is excellent
    able to work from home
    training was stressful and long but prepared me for the job well
    I feel supported at all times

ConsNo cons at all with this company. I have not been this happy at a job in years and actually enjoy going to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work! Best place I have ever worked

Awesome place to work

Patient Advocate (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThere are a lot of growth opportunities at this company. I definitely recommend this company to a friend or family member.

ConsThe company is still growing. The base pay is at the low end. However at this company if you show hard work, dedication and passion, you can gain experience and increase the your earnings.

Like no place I've ever worked

Anonymous (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThere is so many pros to working at this company including very flexible schedules for every life event that is thrown your way, fun and exciting work related activities, employee recognition ceremonies, and probably the most important caring management. I have worked at Carenet for a few years now and I have seen it go from a small company through the hiring ramp up last year. It has been an exciting ride and a pleasure to be a part of. I often find myself smiling on the way into work because I truly love my job, enjoy the people I surround myself with and what the mission of this company is, to help people. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in and life is what you make it and because of that belief I feel my experience here has been great. Nothing gets in your way of happiness unless you allow it. I have created some really great personal and professional relationships that I believe will last all because if this place.

ConsCons to this company is the lack of communication between departments. Often times things are not ready to go live and the employees notice this as it is visible by the leadership team running around trying to get things up and running, lots of lack of urgency. Create an open line of communication and follow through with it. This lack of communication has created postponements of programs which means no calling. This means individuals are not working and creates unhappy employees. I've seen leads run out and extended ETO occurs again unhappy employees then employees become upset with leadership and trust is then an issue.

Lack of policy enforcement, for example the dress code. You can walk around and see many that are dressed very professional and then others not so much. Easy fix enforce the policy and follow through with it. Be consistent.

Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloped your employees more with monitoring and coaching. Give cost of living increases, enforce the policies for everyone. Be more prepared by working together with each other.

Great Culture

Care Coordinator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI love that the business is about Healthcare and how everyday we help people in a confusing industry.The production management is always helpfull and they are always trying to do the right thing

Consmy hours needed some flexibilty and sometimes that just didn't work out ..but overall they work with me

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the food trucks, games, bar b q going they are great

Worked for Carenet Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!