Carenet Healthcare Services

Updated November 7, 2014
Updated November 7, 2014
3.5

John Erwin

The Best Environment to Work In?

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Everything you could ever want for a job. The team members are amazing, the company has purpose, and the opportunities are endless. You can find stability and really enjoy your job at the same time.

Cons

The only issue with this position was the lack of parking, however, it is due to the company growth and the number of team members employed. Even though it is a con, they attempt remedy the situation with their security guard that constantly cycles the lot to pick up members and clients to take them to their destination. So a Con that is not really a Con.

My experience with management was great, they are kind and helpful.

Working at Carenet is a JOY

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Carenet is the PEOPLE. We are truly a family and live our core values everyday, it's a simple formula - Smile First - Enjoy the Ride - Strike a Balance - Work with Gusto
    I find it extremely gratifying to be in a position to actually help people with their health care needs.
    This is a fast growing company with unlimited opportunity - believe the hype, it's all true.

Cons

Limited parking, also an example of our success and growth. Leadership has addressed this by finding alternate parking space at nearby businesses and purchasing a golf cart that is driven by a security officer who constantly circles the parking offering rides to and from your car.
    It's disappointing to see negative comments on Glassdoor, every company has a few bad eggs that don't work out. However, they are few and far between at Carenet. If you are looking for a great opportunity and long term success, check out our website and apply today.

Stay the course !!

Dream job

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

Cons

Working remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Doing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

Cons

Working at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Doing a fantastic job!!!

Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

Cons

We work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Keep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

It is enjoyable, challenging and FUN!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people! Team environment. I am happy to go to work every morning. Core values are: Smile First, Work with Gusto, Be Memorable, Enjoy the Ride, Do What is Right, Strike A Balance.

Cons

Parking is a little limited.

We love the company mixers, the Food Trucks, the blood drives, the free soft drinks, and the games! Keep them coming! It makes work fun and creates a family, team environment.

Very friendly and provides ongoing training and tools

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team work culture and ongoing training and tools

Cons

None so far as I believe it's what you make of in any job.

Care Advisor RN

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

The company culture is VERY positive, and everyone--VP to QA to staff--have been positive, friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to have a nursing job with management THIS supportive and positive!
    Working from home is a major plus.
    ALL the RN's have been positive and helpful!!!

Cons

The pay isn't stellar. I took a bit of a pay cut for this position.
    Training is very quick....they've shortened it from several weeks to 2.5 weeks.

Best company ever!

Current Employee - Care Advice RN in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Care Advice RN in Remote, OR

Pros

Chance for advancement
    great bonus monthly
    monthly perks for nurses
    easy to obtain expectations/metrics
    great work environment
    wonderful supervisors
    great group of peers
    Kindness and concern from all levels
    decent pay
    work/life balance is excellent
    able to work from home
    training was stressful and long but prepared me for the job well
    I feel supported at all times

Cons

No cons at all with this company. I have not been this happy at a job in years and actually enjoy going to work.

Keep up the awesome work! Best place I have ever worked

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities at this company. I definitely recommend this company to a friend or family member.

Cons

The company is still growing. The base pay is at the low end. However at this company if you show hard work, dedication and passion, you can gain experience and increase the your earnings.

Carenet Healthcare Services Photos