Carenet Healthcare Services

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015
3.5

John Erwin

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

Cons

Working at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Doing a fantastic job!!!

Very friendly and provides ongoing training and tools

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Team work culture and ongoing training and tools

Cons

None so far as I believe it's what you make of in any job.

It is enjoyable, challenging and FUN!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people! Team environment. I am happy to go to work every morning. Core values are: Smile First, Work with Gusto, Be Memorable, Enjoy the Ride, Do What is Right, Strike A Balance.

Cons

Parking is a little limited.

We love the company mixers, the Food Trucks, the blood drives, the free soft drinks, and the games! Keep them coming! It makes work fun and creates a family, team environment.

Dream job

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

Cons

Working remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Doing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

Care Advisor RN

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services

Pros

The company culture is VERY positive, and everyone--VP to QA to staff--have been positive, friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to have a nursing job with management THIS supportive and positive!
    Working from home is a major plus.
    ALL the RN's have been positive and helpful!!!

Cons

The pay isn't stellar. I took a bit of a pay cut for this position.
    Training is very quick....they've shortened it from several weeks to 2.5 weeks.

Stay Away if you value your career

Current Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Working at home, being with family, co-workers

Cons

Awful Management, poor values, and zero integrity. This company is the worst I have ever worked for. To begin with ALL management consists of women who are moody, unprofessional, and rude. Furthermore, they are unqualified to supervise, instruct, or otherwise influence anyone. Additionally,they use deceptive, falsified reviews and pay rates on other sites to recruit nursing staff,and are unprofessional, ruthlessly vengeful if you cross them, disagree with them, or stand up for what is right. When I first began there I was told I would make a specific hourly pay with subsequent reviews and pay raises which never happened, they lied. On a weekly basis nurses quit and I was the ONLY one left from my entire group of new hires. Another thing is that they expect you to spend less than one minute performing your initial assessment which is impossible. They find and manufacture various unreasonable circumstances for their staff so that they can get rid of those they dislike and withhold bonuses from high performers. Consistently, they abandon all rules and regulations to correspond with their intentions or whatever scheme they have going on at the time. In addition, nurses are not allowed to make decisions based on their own competence professional experience, and training, and have to provide sources and references for everything they say to patients. Stay away!
    I

Stop treating your employees badly and hire/promote people who are qualified. Lead by example, reward high performers, pay what you say you will, review your employees performances regularly and be accountable then maybe you can actually retain your employees.

Great Culture

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

Pros

I love that the business is about Healthcare and how everyday we help people in a confusing industry.The production management is always helpfull and they are always trying to do the right thing

Cons

my hours needed some flexibilty and sometimes that just didn't work out ..but overall they work with me

keep the food trucks, games, bar b q going they are great

Lacking Professionalism, Morals and Values

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at home, pedicures, patients, sunshine, pajamas

Cons

I would love to say this company is the best place to work and that nothing needs attention. However, that would be a blatant lie. At Carenet, poor management has been allowed to prevail for far too long and sadly, Carenet needs a good housecleaning. Specifically in the clinical area. Eliminating unprofessionalism at the clinical management level would greatly improve morale, increase productivity, and boost hiring efforts at Carenet. Further, hiring adequately educated upper management would be a great place to begin. Unfortunately, the company has chosen to employ undereducated clinical management with no education in management at all and inadequate Nursing education. As a result, good nurses are suffering the consequences of poor leadership. Not knowing how to manage due to lack of education in that area, leads to high turnover rates, losing tenured employees, and misunderstandings. Likewise, failure to understand ethical leadership resulted in unethical management in this case. I hope that things change soon at Carenet for the sake of everyone.

Rid the company of sub par, unprofessional employees specifically undereducated, under qualified, and inexperienced upper clinical management lacking in the necessary skills to properly direct, supervise, and instruct others.

At Carenet Caring is Relative

Former Employee - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Easy Time System. Some of the managers are nice.

Cons

People in management are at times abusive and pushy. I was a temp at the company from August of 2012 to May of 2013 and was released when the call volume was too low. Understandable. I had left on good terms with the company and was encouraged to apply directly. But when I tried to apply directly with the company, they told me I was ineligable for rehire. When I tried to find out why, they said only my temp agency would know that. The Temp agency told me that the only thing they heard that the project manager thougt the current project was too stressful for me. This company is driven by politics and people in management are surprisingly petty.

My advice to management, particularly those in upper management, is to not be petty to the point of abusing employees. Browbeating is not productive and does nothing to facilitate communication. Too many people in management are from West and are plagued with West mentality, which runs counter to Carenet's alleged philosophy of tolerance, kindness, and open communication. Employees should not dread comming to work or running into certain people in management. Treat people how you would like to be treated. Don't abuse your power.

- Very stressful,

Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fellow candidate nurses all very professional and we were able to comfort and give hope to one another as we went through the experience.

Cons

Was one of about 50 nurses hired and only about 2 remained after everyone was either cut from the position or left because of changing or unobtainable company quotas.

You have to lay everything out as far as your call quota system, etc., before you ask RNs to leave their jobs to join you. The position of Telephone Triage Nurse from home sounded too good to be true and it was!

Carenet Healthcare Services Photos