Carenet Healthcare Services

Updated March 24, 2015
32 reviews filtered by

1. Lacking Professionalism, Morals and Values

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at home, pedicures, patients, sunshine, pajamas

Cons

I would love to say this company is the best place to work and that nothing needs attention. However, that would be a blatant lie. At Carenet, poor management has been allowed to prevail for far too long and sadly, Carenet needs a good housecleaning. Specifically in the clinical area. Eliminating unprofessionalism at the clinical management level would greatly improve morale, increase productivity, and boost hiring efforts at Carenet. Further, hiring adequately educated upper management would be a great place to begin. Unfortunately, the company has chosen to employ undereducated clinical management with no education in management at all and inadequate Nursing education. As a result, good nurses are suffering the consequences of poor leadership. Not knowing how to manage due to lack of education in that area, leads to high turnover rates, losing tenured employees, and misunderstandings. Likewise, failure to understand ethical leadership resulted in unethical management in this case. I hope that things change soon at Carenet for the sake of everyone.

Advice to Management

Rid the company of sub par, unprofessional employees specifically undereducated, under qualified, and inexperienced upper clinical management lacking in the necessary skills to properly direct, supervise, and instruct others.

At Carenet Caring is Relative

Former Contractor - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Easy Time System. Some of the managers are nice.

Cons

People in management are at times abusive and pushy. I was a temp at the company from August of 2012 to May of 2013 and was released when the call volume was too low. Understandable. I had left on good terms with the company and was encouraged to apply directly. But when I tried to apply directly with the company, they told me I was ineligable for rehire. When I tried to find out why, they said only my temp agency would know that. The Temp agency told me that the only thing they heard that the project manager thougt the current project was too stressful for me. This company is driven by politics and people in management are surprisingly petty.

Advice to Management

My advice to management, particularly those in upper management, is to not be petty to the point of abusing employees. Browbeating is not productive and does nothing to facilitate communication. Too many people in management are from West and are plagued with West mentality, which runs counter to Carenet's alleged philosophy of tolerance, kindness, and open communication. Employees should not dread comming to work or running into certain people in management. Treat people how you would like to be treated. Don't abuse your power.

- Very stressful,

Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fellow candidate nurses all very professional and we were able to comfort and give hope to one another as we went through the experience.

Cons

Was one of about 50 nurses hired and only about 2 remained after everyone was either cut from the position or left because of changing or unobtainable company quotas.

Advice to Management

You have to lay everything out as far as your call quota system, etc., before you ask RNs to leave their jobs to join you. The position of Telephone Triage Nurse from home sounded too good to be true and it was!

Honestly surprised....

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Caring co-workers, awesome supervisor and lead, thorough training, support during transition from training to work-at-home, tools provided to succeed.

I honestly haven't experienced any of the things the other reviewers mention. I have been well supported since joining CareNet in November and have already earned bonus money for my performance. The job can be monotonous, yes...it can be emotionally draining. BUT...I am able to work from home, save money on gas, can be here when my daughter comes home, etc. The monthly nurse care packages are awesome - I definitely feel appreciated. Salary is fair and now that I am earning bonus money, it makes a difference, too.

Cons

Dislike the late night hours, schedule can change without notice, but I have asked for specific days off and almost always get them. I am not quite sure why there isn't a 40 hour position. 30 hours/week doesn't allow me to make up the loss of my regular nursing positioning.

The work, as mentioned above, can be exhausting and monotonous.

Advice to Management

I don't have any contact at all with upper mgmt. My relationships with my supervisor, department head, and leads have always been professional, caring, and friendly.

Best company ever!

Current Employee - Care Advice RN in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Care Advice RN in Remote, OR

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Chance for advancement
    great bonus monthly
    monthly perks for nurses
    easy to obtain expectations/metrics
    great work environment
    wonderful supervisors
    great group of peers
    Kindness and concern from all levels
    decent pay
    work/life balance is excellent
    able to work from home
    training was stressful and long but prepared me for the job well
    I feel supported at all times

Cons

No cons at all with this company. I have not been this happy at a job in years and actually enjoy going to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work! Best place I have ever worked

Avoid at all costs!

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my coworkers there eventually became good friends and I still keep in touch with them since leaving, though part of why I think I became friends with them in the first place is because we hit it off by complaining about the work we were doing and how horribly the management handled things.

Cons

I'll be flat out honest here. There is no room for advancement in this company unless you are a favorite of management (especially if management finds you physically attractive. I'm not lying). In my 4+ years employed by Carenet, I saw this company grow from one small building and a couple dozen employees to multiple buildings with over 100 employees. In this time frame, I saw managers and coworkers come and go, and saw policies, good and bad, appear and disappear. What was once an honest company willing to reward good work with advancement or a pay raise, became an environment where the lead or supervisor position was monopolized by power hungry, condescending, under achieving, uneducated (several emails and print outs sent from management included embarrassing typos and obvious incorrect grammar), and flat out rude employees. The upper management, as in the top dogs running the company behind a desk and not directly dealing with the folks at the front lines (care coordinators taking phone calls), left their leads and managers unchecked, allowing them to make up ridiculous policies that made it near impossible to get your monthly bonus. At least once a month I would have an issue on a call that I would resolve using the training I was given, only to be scolded by a lead or manager for not following correct procedure based on the situation. It would've been nice to have been updated on changed policies. It would have also been nice for ALL the leads and managers to be updated with the SAME information regarding client protocols and call troubleshooting (one lead says one thing, a manager says something else, another lead says something entirely different, and my quality score suffers even though I did exactly what my training told me to do). Coincidentally, questioning a lead or manager on the current protocol once they hound you for sticking to your training results with them assuming that you are being insubordinate. A friend of mine was written up for this very reason and was disciplined for being "insubordinate", though they really were wanting to make sure that particular lead knew the correct protocol given their past experience in that situation.
    If you're sick or have a personal issue that keeps you from making it to work, management will not work with you and you'll have to take the attendance hit unless you have paid time off, though sometimes not even that is a guarantee. Don't bother bringing a doctor's note, it means nothing to them, even if you have a chronic condition that makes you unfit to work from time to time.
    Also, management on multiple occasions had added fake absences that not only set me up for possible termination, it also shortened my paychecks and conveniently made me ineligible for any sort of monthly bonus (I have spoken to several other employees who reported the same issue). Ultimately, I was able to have them correct the absences and reimburse the amount withheld from my checks, but it took several weeks and constant hounding on my part to make them do anything. If a manager there says they will do something for you, you always have to follow up the next day or they will bypass or "forget" it completely.
    During my time there, I also noticed the leads or management implement mandatory ETO (forcing you to leave your shift well ahead of time). Though not noticeable at first, leaving 2+ hours ahead of my scheduled shift a couple of times every few weeks majorly cut into my paycheck over a period of time. Funny enough, sometimes these early releases were counted as me leaving without permition which counted against my attendance, even though I was forced to leave.
    With these practices in mind, one could draw conclusions as to how this company remains profitable even with the high employee turnover rate. I absolutely cannot recommend this employer to anyone if they want to make a career or simply to just work in an honest work environment.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting employees that clearly have no idea what they are doing. Stop playing favorites when it comes to filling a higher position. Make sure ALL management is trained and updated to new procedures as soon as they are implemented. Rework the bonus program to make it even slightly possible for someone to bring home a monthly bonus. STOP adding fake absences to shorten peoples' checks.
    Basically, stop doing everything I mentioned in the "Cons" section.

Needs work

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Working at home, reasonable pay after the first 90 days, work/life balance, great co-workers

Cons

Changes in hours and schedule,overboard scoring and monitoring way more than necessary, horrible benefits, no vacation or sick time, terrible insurance plans, inconsistency in evaluation, scoring and training, pay could be better,

Advice to Management

Make sure you implement clear and consistent scoring methods that are fair and accurate, not every nurse is competent and or qualified enough to be trusted with the judgement / evaluation of another registered nurses performance. Try positive feedback instead of constant negativity and correction, focus on what is being done right every once and a while.

Do NOT risk working for this company

Former Employee - Care Advisor in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Care Advisor in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

some real great perks, and it is a work from home job for Registered Nurses. Able to adjust schedule to a degree. They will fly you to Texas and put you in a hotel for 3 weeks while you train.

Cons

They want nearly perfect QA scores & fast speed. If you don't achieve that you will be fired before your 60 days is up. People even get fired out of training. If you have been there less than a year they prorate the money they spent on your flight, hotel, & license and make you pay it back. Most they get rid of people before 60 day mark. So you're broke, unemployed and owe them money.

Advice to Management

Don't take brand new people and make them supervisors. They don't know what they are doing any more than the new hires do, and they make everybody's life miserable.

CSR outbound

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the only thing that was a pro here is the break room. The company is growing so there is no telling if there will be advancement opportunities, but unlikely due to the fact that they hire about 85% of the management from outside the company not people who have worked there.

Cons

this place is a glorified West Telemarketing, the training was completely unprofessional and vague. The wages were slightly over minimum wage at 10 dollars reguardless of sales experience and education. The only way to get a raise is through your bonus check that was on average throughout the company 200 to 500 dollars, 500 being the max, and if you exceeded the max you were still only paid the 500, one bonus a month. Coworkers boasting who actually made sales quotas were not promoted, but their managers (who never worked on a phone in their lives) recieved extra pay raises. Begs the question, who would settle to be on the sales floor? those who dont know any better, the company promised so much and not just to myself but every employee and few have actually seen results from it. Also time clock there is useless, if you come in before your shift and clock in , the company adjusts it so you dont get paid extra hours. I have clocked in at 7:30 and the company adjusted it to 8:30 every time. And the days i was asked to stay later, the hours also adjusted to not show I went over 40 hrs to save the company money. Also if you have family issues the management will run the sales pitch on you saying how sorry they are but not be sincere about it as they ask you to work extra days for nothing. They dont tell you its cold calling and "their leads" are names ripped off of the insurance company, hiding behind caremark.

Advice to Management

This company needs to promote from within and train people more in depth. Hire more professional people, not people who can barely turn on a computer with assistance, or people who sag their pants and cant seem to leave the "hood" outside. The company is off DeZevala not the projects.

Very misleading, full of hype- STAY AWAY!!

Former Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home
    Monthly morale bonus-$20-30 to nurses for a pedicure, car wash etc.

Cons

Lost over 60 nurses since May 2011, what does that tell you?
    Will not pay bonus incentive even if you qualify, finding some inaccurate score to throw off your metrics so they wont have to pay you.
    Starts one out at $25.25 hr regardless of nursing experience
    Will belittle you if your call score/metrics are not suitable to them despite being reasonable to an unbiased eye
    Your schedule is NEVER consistent and they come at you with the line of "business needs"

In a statement- they will promise you the world at the outset, then.......

Advice to Management

Be honest and forthcoming to new staff. Stop the nit picky monitoring and backbiting. The all female led nurse triage line needs to be shaken up, too "clicky" and too fake.

Carenet Healthcare Services Photos