Carestream Health

Carestream Health Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Carestream Health CEO and Director Kevin J. Hobert

Kevin J. Hobert

Pros:
  • "Interesting products across the business"
    in 8 reviews
  • "The new tech has the potential to do well and there some great people there"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to be more engaged with employees -- more "walk the walk""
    in 11 reviews
  • "COE support has a couple good people, but most don't want to talk"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Co-op Experience at Carestream Health

Electrical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health as an intern for less than a year

ProsYou will learn new skills and information not normally taught in college. Facilities are top notch and the work load is moderate.

ConsResearch and Development can get slow if you are a fast worker this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegarding co-op program just add a bit more work load.

Friendly people and good work atmosphere

Technician (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood wages and exciting work

ConsPoor planning which can lead to changing personal plans alot.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire once in a while, give the contract people something to work towards besides a paycheck.

Intern

Intern (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health as an intern for less than a year

Prosgood place to get some real experience

Consvery few young people work there, the average age like 40

Field service in US

Fielf Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company has some great people and an outstanding product portfolio. I find that my team has a very high commitment to providing our customers with the best service experience. I find the compensation and benefits to be very competitive. I am given a great deal of freedom to run my territory

ConsUpper management is very detached from the troops. In order to do your job you need to navigate a continuous stream of new responsibilities that interfere with our actual job. Way too much pressure to constantly sell to our customers. Little is ever done to make the execution of our job easier. I find that I am forced to constantly chase numbers to the detriment of my customers. Our systems rarely work well and present the biggest obstacle to performing our jobs. Software is rushed to market and often requires many updates to work correctly. The field staff is stretched too thin to cover the assigned geography at the high level our customers have come to expect. This is made worse by the fact that key people are constantly pulled out of the field to perform administrative tasks. Sales support is almost nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET OUT OF YOUR OFFICE AND GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOIES. Dump the ranking system. The dead wood was gone long ago. Too many people work in fear of losing their job. I see many good people looking to leave the company if things don’t change.

It's all in who you know!

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProducts are rated high in the health industry. A lot of good people work there.

ConsRankings are forced but if your in the good old boys/girls club you have nothing to worry about.
A lot of finger pointing. Supervisors micro manage everything. Pay raises are minimal

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people. Review ranking process Start reviewing some of the managers they may not have the skills you think. Managment needs to stop commenting on wanting a younger workforce. I think its middle managements turn to take one for the team

Great benefits, great customers, marginal product, but no leadership or strong direction.

Technical Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHigh level of independence in working on projects, exciting technologies and markets, opportunities to work with highly complex technologies, and working with great clients.

ConsNo leadership, incessant layers of middle management, lack of customer service, short-term focus on numbers, poor regard for customer needs, poor quality management, and consistent knee-jerk reactions rather than long-term, strategic planning and guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the needs of the customer, not on quarterly numbers! Customer needs should drive the company, with greater profitability and efficiencies as results.

Great people to work with, very taxing job

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, good products. Strong research and development teams. Carestream pays well. Aggressive sales and marketing. Getting stronger in the market

ConsToo many tasks to ask of one person. We usually lack qualified people to actually implement the products. Insurance is really bad. Executive leadership seems to be blind to the mistakes of mid level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more technical and clinical SMEs, less management. We have become very top heavy in the last 2 years

Not a Company I would ever work for again!!!

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
Windsor, CO

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pay is OK for the area.

ConsDirty work and very hard work at times. Raises and per motions are based on the buddy system!

Advice to Senior ManagementOut of touch with the workforce!!!

The pay is good and the work is challenging

Manager (Current Employee)
Windsor, CO

I have been working at Carestream Health

ProsThe pay is good, the people are great to work with. The managers have a good idea of what is going on with the employees.

ConsBusiness is slow at times. The workload can be heavy at times. Not a clearly defined path for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to set forth a positive outlook for the future of the business. Continue communications with the employees. Give recognition for jobs well done.

Unimpressive , disjointed, lacking strong leadership throughout , poor environment

I have been working at Carestream Health

ProsProducing products that are useful and needed. Plenty of parking spaces. In the right circumstances gain exposure to international employees and different cultures.

ConsPoor leadership throughout . Top down mandates , lacking team spirit, little diversity, poor recognition, non-existent diversity of thought, immature/week HR, limited to no professional education/continuing skill building.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what leadership is, value people and ideas. Build a culture that encourages , supports, takes risks, values differences, builds and encourages teams. Know true leadership , personal qualities. Keep an eye on things, remove poor management, see what is going on and work diligently to build a culture of success , risk taking, excitement and enjoyment. A workforce in an environment like this will certainly strive to succeed .

Worked for Carestream Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carestream Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carestream Health CEO Kevin J. Hobert. All 138 reviews posted anonymously by Carestream Health employees.