Carestream Health

Carestream Health CEO and Director Kevin J. Hobert

Kevin J. Hobert

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Carestream Health

Sales Support (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGreat Solutions, product development, and tradition.

ConsConstant leadership changes made it hard to see the long term vision

Short Term, Incompetence and Toxic

Business Management (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsPaycheck and Benefits. Carestream doesn't try to hide its lack of long term potential, poor leadership or retaliatory and incompetent HR organization. All very obvious and in front of you to deal with if you choose.

ConsA very long list. No long term future - everything that is done is for success, impact or advancement today. The company is well past its sell date, owners and executives are anxious for payouts and exits, There absolutely is no long term plan. Exceptionally poor and unqualified executive sales leadership that squanders on a daily basis any hope for true growth and has no experience or ability to utilize the team in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually it is not worth providing any advice as simply no one in an executive management role has any interest in listening.

worst experience .....IT-PMO is just too bad

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Pros- Nice places like high falls, breweries and good Italian deli nearby
    - The Janitors are very nice and sweet
    - The Cafeteria people are cool.
    -Carestream will make sure you become a good politician, teach you to lie and cheat . If you want success the shortcut way by running over people and cheating them for your personal gains- This place is a perfect fit for you.

Cons- The forced ranking and review system, brings out the greed in your supervisor, mine was desperate to get maximum bonus and had openly told me during a conversation that anything will be done on her part to get those bonus points,. Result was that I ended up getting fired.
    - The IT-PMO is the worst Organization in the whole building. How the heck the Management there has never been held accountable for anything at all is a mystery to me.
    - These people are habitual liars and they do not even know it.
    - I was in IT-PMO ( which is equal to being placed in a mental hospital) where the Management were big time liars and openly bigoted and biased. They were unreasonable, unprofessional and unsophisticated. Nothing I did convinced them and even after I put in my best performance, they still fired me.
    - Open swearing at workplace. You would get a feeling that you are in a ghetto at times when you are in the filthy company of IT-PMO.
    - Absolutely crude, classless and roguish behavior in the IT-PMO. You get a feeling as if you are dealing with high class thugs with no morals or values whatsoever. I hope these cheaters pay for their cheap acts one day.
    - If your supervisor has decided you have to be fired and does not like you for some personal reason or just wants to get that extra bonus in the annual forced ranking review by showing you are bad, you will be fired no matter what you do and it has nothing to do with your work, even if you are not doing something wrong, they will make sure they find something to pinpoint and use an excuse to fire you. Just like a robber on a street who will just snatch your bag/wallet and run away, IT-PMO will make sure you will be sitting at home and without a job for their personal gain and to cover up for their mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice required. I wish the worst for them, I am confident they will bring their own downfall.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mental torture- RUN ...don't just walk away from this place.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Pros-They have some great third party workers. I got a chance to interact with some of the best contractors in the town.

ConsRating system, it is the worst thing. It is just another excuse to practice their unethical things- heard it from all the employees here who are equally frustrated as us contractors. Also, it affects us in a way because the Management who are also employees here ( which means they are bound to the ratings system) try to play dirty political games to get better ratings and improve their stock here to which they will go to any extent.
    -Corrupt dishonest Management. .
    -No appreciation for our experience and hard work.
    -I was brand new and given a Project that was way over budget and was told to fix it within 1 week. ( It was over budget by a big amount).
    -The Technical Leads are lazy and refuse to help and when I went to Management, they started yelling at me saying that I do not know my job and I am finding excuses. It was shocking, how is the TL refusal to do their task related to my ability to work? I have been in this business since 30 years and I have not met someone as unprofessional and unreasonable as these people
    -Management had no clue of how things work and used to redirect us to Finance if we had any questions which they should have known the answer to anyway! ( What is their job exactly?).
    -Overall negative work environment with a constant threat of being fired, the Information Technology Project Management organization is filled with bitter individuals frustrated with their personal failures.
    -Openly encourages hiring sons and daughters and husband and wives in same company.
    -Personal enmity or dislike by your supervisor ( it could be any reason other than work., the way you talk, your bad hairstyle ,or the clothes you wear....or you support a wrong team in sports - this is enough for you to get fired ). This shows you how much they really care for your performance.
    -They ran my department IT- PMO like a hot dog joint.
    Kodak people are a destructive force in this company and will not rest until they destroy this place as well of which they are doing a great job.
    -The only way people survive at this place is by doing dirty politics , pull others down, suck up 2 your supervisor. Worst kind of unprofessional people with no integrity and honesty. Most childish people who are not even fit to be cleaning garbage trucks and here they are running Important Projects in the PMO. No wonder they are losing their best talented Project Managers, Young people out of College, Interns and Contractors- this really shows how desperate they are
    -Badmouth and belittle ex-employees and contractors after they have left/laid off- This shows how much class they have.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat goes around comes around. Take a honest look at the statistics ( How many people have left, let go, moved to other departments) This will show you that there is a serious problem somewhere.

Disappointing- Hope to get a new job soon

SAP Business Intelligence Architect (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

Pros-Great pay Package
    -the IT Operations and Infrastructure team is excellent and is the best team within the IT organization.
    - Some highly talented individuals in the IT Organization.
    - They have some interesting projects to work ( Thanks to HCIS)
    -Free parking available .

Cons- A Silly Management that has no idea of what it is doing, they treat their employees really horribly.
    - Some worthless individuals who are mentally unstable are given too much elevation and importance.
    - The whole grading and review system is a big sham. It is just another way of throwing your people under the bus.
    - Most of the people are dishonest, they will say nice things on your face and then stab you right at the center of your back.
    - The HR and Management is filled with cheaters.
    - This company will abuse you and use all your energy and talent and drain you out.
    - Very slow to implementing change.
    -Extremely negative mindset, some of the departments are filled with unprofessional and unethical people who lack even a shred of humanity.
    - Very good at pointing out mistakes that do not even exist but very bad and incompetent at appreciating the good work done.
    - The IT Organization is very stagnant as a whole. Operations and Infrastructure team is nice but Applications team is inept and the IT Project Management Office Management is filled with inhuman lunatics - The IT PMO is probably the most unstable and worst team, I see new Project Managers coming every 2 weeks and leaving in a month. It is a royal pain to explain new things to new Project Managers every 2 weeks who will leave in a month anyways.! The newly hired Project Managers have not been trained properly by Management there and they take it all on us down here in the Applications team because they are too scared of the crazy people in the PMO.
    - Management here does not even stand up to the bullies in the IT PMO and tells me how ' You need to accommodate them'- This sums it up. We are being run over by a group of mafia from that crazy department and the management in the other departments instead of standing up for us tries to please the predators.
    - We have a lot of talented individuals here in Apps who have a lot to offer but our potential is not fully realized. Instead, we are doing things which should be done by other people in the first place!.
    - Process heavy and unfortunately most of the processes do not even work

Advice to Senior ManagementThe secret to success is team work. If you are not going to support your team members, how would you expect success?

Please put the Human back in Human Resources.

Rochester, NY

ProsNot too many left.....good benefit and wage package. Of course the people are fantastic and great to work with.

ConsI work In Human Resources and we have not had viable functional leadership hear for close to a decade. With Ralph recently retiring, they further undermine the function by bringing in some hot shot for developmental purposes who has no concept on Human Resources and is burning bridges left and right and leaving bodies in her wake. If you work in HR this is not the place to grow your career. Hard to recruit people when you don't believe in it any longer. CEO has no concept of engagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your people.....We have a lot to offer. Find a people strategy that works and stick to it.

Toxic dysfunctional environment. If you want a life outside of work, stay away!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsInnovative products and services.
    Good hard-working and experienced work force.
    Compensation.

ConsClue-less management.
    Paranoia based work environment.
    Survival of the fittest mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest thing I ever did was walk away ...
    Invest in growing your credibility with your workforce, face the facts. This is not a good place to work.
    You will have no real loyalty until you really do have respect for the individual.

My experience at Carestream Health was a pleasant experience and the workers are very nice.

Finished Item Planner Co-op (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsThey have many helpful employees and the working environment is very comfortable. They have very strong views about quality training and lean concepts.

ConsThey do not take care of their employees sometimes because they feel it may cause other divisions to be jealous of one another. They do not provide much for relocation fees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they should take care of their employees better than the status quo.

Great Place to Work

Rochester, NY

ProsGood salary and benefits, good local management

ConsRanking process needs updated. Too many people afraid of losing their jobs so teamwork suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is only as good as his upper management. They need overhauled. I don't think Kevin Hobert knows what really goes on.

Good place to work

Director (Current Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsGood career growth -I have been given plenty of opportunities. The same has happened to others around me that deliver results
    Good salary - The company definitely pays to get good people
    Challenging work - My work has always been challenging
    GREAT people - People I have worked with over the years have been outstanding

ConsRochester -the city is just tanking
    Needs a face-lift: Although the Verona Street Building have been almost entirely upgraded (only one floor left) there is still a lot work to do at the Ridge Road manufacturing building. It really can use some make up

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate in the longer term not only on the next quarter.

Worked for Carestream Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carestream Health reviews and ratings in Rochester, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carestream Health CEO Kevin J. Hobert. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Carestream Health employees.