Carestream Health Reviews

Reset
2.8
Carestream Health CEO and Director Kevin J. Hobert
Kevin J. Hobert

Pros
  • Good products with steady income (in 9 reviews)

• The new tech has the potential to do well and there some great people there (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Unreasonable demands, no consideration for work-life balance, 'who you know" advancement (in 8 reviews)

• Hostile meetings and demeaning comments from upper management are the norm here (in 12 reviews)

1. Carestream Health

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people in the organization, everyone works hard and helps you out if you have trouble. A lot of very smart individuals who are content with where they are in life and have been working there forever so they know the ins and outs of the business.

Cons

A lot of the older folks in the company seemed set in their old Kodak ways. It seemed the company was either incredibly old and close to retirement or brand new with little to no experience.

2. Software Engineer

I worked at Carestream Health full-time

Pros

Interesting work. Bright co-workers.

Cons

Work environment does not foster collaboration. Bad management habits remain from Kodak days. Borderline adversarial relationships with other departments.

Advice to Management

There is a big world out there. Myopic "not invented here" and "focus on today" will continue to hurt the company.

Most days were fun, but others were not

Former Contractor - Floater in Rochester, NY
    Former Contractor - Floater in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working with my coworkers. They helped me out whenever I needed help. Whenever I made a mistake, they told me what I did wrong, and I corrected it as soon as possible. Everyone was full of smiles and just so nice to you. They understand it will take a while to get used to your work load. They also let you listen to music as long as it isn't loud and you can still hear people around you.

Cons

When it came time to renew my contract, the gave us more responsibility but less money. It was pathetic. Management had to be the worst thing I had to deal with in this job. I had been working for this company for 2 years until my contract was renewed, and then it was an additional 4-5 months which were the worst few months ever. I had to quit due to the work schedule changing every 2 weeks from morning shift to night shift and doing school at night. It was difficult. The management I had to work under was horrible, and if you kept making mistakes after a few weeks they will let you go without notice. I used to love working here (besides dealing with the management) and it got stressful pretty quick for me. I just couldn't handle my classes and crazy hours anymore. And being on contract, makes you less than dirt to them, they can easily fire you for crappy reasons and they don't care.

Advice to Management

Actually care about what your employees have to say when you hear the word "school" and write stuff down so you don't forget it. School is important to us.

Not very good cooperation with management

Former Employee - INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no pros about this company.

Cons

There are to many cons about this company to list.

Carestream review

Current Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Healthcare company with good products and potential for growth

Cons

Management practices/HR policies are not always employee centered

Advice to Management

Consider the effects of policies on non-manager employees

7. fraternization with in employees and interference in personal life. conversation within members how are married.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Canandaigua, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Canandaigua, NY

Pros

Money work there give a finical benefit and for the most part you are well compensated for your hard work

Cons

Fraternization among work members and personal conversations with in the work place. during and after hours. Conversations and text messaging that it not work related. Very much like High school drama. Conversions of concerning out side family members and husband and wife's are Inappropriate

Advice to Management

Fraternization among work members and personal conversations with in the work place. during and after hours. Conversations and text messaging that it not work related. concerning out side family members and husband and wife's are Inappropriate

Rough, but ok

Former Employee - Implementation in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Implementation in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is one of the best in the industry. Good benefits, health, 401k matching, great co workers. Fringe benefits were really good, like company car, etc.

Cons

Very unorganized. I felt middle management 'whitewashed' information so upper management had no chance to make correct decisions. Sales promised things that were not in the product to get contract then disappeared and expected implementation to make it work. Very heavy work load with little to no management backing.

Advice to Management

Review sales contracts before signature. Rate middle management on project successes. Require certified project managers.

Corporate politics abound

Current Contractor - Engineering in Rochester, NY
    Current Contractor - Engineering in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team dynamic for group working with! Can't complain about my team working hard to get job done.

Cons

Internal politics suck. Second worst experience of my life. Had to learn hard way not to trust anyone in management.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the buracracy! Too many people trying to protect the actions of a few who think they are above the rules set for everyone else. Not equitable and unfair polices and practices shield a select few and hurt everyone else.

This company is going down - Leave as soon as you can!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many passionate and knowledgeable associates left. Good pay/benefits package.

Cons

Carestream is another perfect example of a failed transformation of business. This is like Kodak all over again. Most of the focus of the senior team still sits in the dying film business that exceeds their goals each year as they are able to negotiate low targets. This leads to great bonuses for the few dictators involved in this business. The CEO talks in his quarterly town-hall meetings mostly about the film business rather than the digital businesses which is a clear sign of his priorities. He clearly failed to implement any strategies that allow us to differentiate ourselves from the big players in the medical imaging industry which leads to poor results in the digital businesses. We also experience a mass-exodus of Senior Executives and other talent as they either get fired because they challenge the CEO or leave because they found a company with better opportunities and especially company values. The CEO sits most of his time in his corner office worrying about himself rather than leading from the front and through people. It is really sad to see this company going down as it would have had so much potential.

Advice to Management

Take your million dollar bonuses and leave so we can get a new leadership team that salvages what's left.

11. Professional Managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed office setting, quiet and not stressful. Decent benefits and a very flexible working schedule (management depending I suppose)

Cons

I'll say what every other review on here says, they're stuck in the ways of old Kodak and continue to promote professional managers in lieu of those best qualified for the job.

RSS Feed </> Embed