Carewise Health

Updated January 28, 2015
2.3

Merle A. Ryland
1 Rating

RN field review clinical manager

I worked at Carewise Health

Pros

flexible schedule, worked with a great team of nurses. Learned multiple Medicaid review types

Cons

In house staff not always supportive of field staff

Company with limited vision

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Great people to work with. By working with a friendly and productive team a lot of days were more tolerable than others.

Cons

Board members lacked vision and rarely looked to for trending ways to increase profit but rather stay afloat.

Work with the young talent that you have to expand the business

Strange mix of contradictory experiences.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Carewise Health

Pros

Clueless colleagues meant they leave you alone to do your job if you know your stuff and deliver. flip side of that coin is it gets lonely quick if you're used to getting stuff done collaboratively, as a team.

You must admire the enormous undertaking and risk that senior management is taking with their new analytics platform. Software director was supportive and had huge apetite and curiosity for cutting edge technology, which he knew how to spread out over the team. The work I personally accomplished in my 6 months tenure was extremely satisfying and personally rewarding. This was due in part to the director's support, and also to my own work ethic and apetite for exploration and self-improvement.

No pressure from director - which is great if you are self driven and need none.

Cons

- Golden opportunity being wasted away by burnt out employees who seriously poison the work environment. Appears that culture is geared towards group loyalty above actual skills, so be prepared to feel like you're the new guy for a long time.
    - Naysayers will doubt you and stonewall you purely out of ignorance of best practices and out of fear of looking bad, yet company is trying to go the "big data" route and adopting cutting edge technologies using 90's development practices. Go figure.
    - Do not count on productive teamwork. You'll do just fine if you enjoy working solo.
    Horrible benefits. No career path, promotions, raises, bonuses, clarity, no sense of direction.
    - For technologists that have thick skin, you may be able to navigate this mess. I burnt out in 6 months. Horrible and confusing environment to get work done.
    - Offshore team is seriously unreliable and can't keep up with even the most basic task.
    - Some senior people alienate the rest of the team by constantly praising their own inner circle.
    - Developers are treated as simpleton workers and don't really participate in architecture discussions or have a place at the table. Be prepared to have a whole project just dumped on you with the whole thing expected to just be done.

The company culture and communication is non existent. No clear direction for the company. The fresh start that you are projecting onto everyone else seems to be more of the same. Eliminate the awful poisonous few.

Had one year under my belt before a buyout of the company

I worked at Carewise Health

Pros

Great product that I really believed in. Great people; we were well taken care of by management.

Cons

No challenges. New sales were slow and clients tended to move on when their contracts were up.

Have nothing to say here since the management has since changed.

Culture ruled by fear

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sr. Management is nice and easy to talk to. Work life balance is great. Great for those who like to work on their own.

Cons

Pay is not competitive with the market.
    Communication is non-existent.
    While Sr. Management is nice, they are very disconnected with the employees.
    Company meetings are rare and when we have them there is no discussion, we just listen.
    Some of the Sr. Leadership manage out of fear so change is a four letter word. When you bring ideas they are rarely heard and the mentality of "this is how we have always done it" seems to be the norm. If they could open their eyes to best practices and recognize that their employees bring value, this company may be able to be turned around.
    Frequent layoffs, they seem to happen once every 4 to 6 months.

Listen to your employees and get rid of the "this is how we have always done it" mentality.

Not much opportunity

I worked at Carewise Health

Pros

Salaries were competitive and benefits were okay.

Cons

No opportunities to move up. They usually lay off every year.

Fend for yourself

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Proficient co-workers are always willing to help. They not only answer questions; they help make sure that you understand the issue overall.

Cons

Management. They just don't care about the employees. If you work overtime, then it becomes expected and the norm. You can work till you drop dead and they don't care. Someone quits and you get to do their work plus your own. That position will not be refilled. They keep the bimbos and let the people who have their act together go in the many downsizings each year. I worked there almost 6 years and only got one 2% raise after 5 years. Just once. This was the same for all the other worker bees. Who knows what happened with management. Managers are also not good at managing people. Not sure why they get promoted from worker lower ranks, but never did see it work out well.

Stop blowing smoke and practice what you preach. No one believes your lies. The latest company sale "was for the good of the company" but 75% of the employees were laid off. It would be nice to know what your definition of who you think the company actually is. We work. You get the money. We are the company. You are liars.

Not the place it used to be

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the associates there are hard working and care about the company

Cons

New Executives, recently sold, numerous lay offs

Start caring about the associates who work there and care about the company

WORST MANAGEMENT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!!

I worked at Carewise Health full-time

Pros

PEERS are so great to work with.

Cons

Senior Management don't care about their people, all they care about is MONEY!!!

Introduce yourselves to the "LOWER" people who are working hard to earn you MILLIONS, not just the people who report to you directly. Be PEOPLE-ORIENTED!

Overall pleasant work environment.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Experienced friendly employees and management. Ample PTO . Extensive and thorough training offered for new hires.

Cons

External hiring and internal promoting of under qualified employees to certain management positions.

Hire management that have Healthcare Administration background and base promotions not only on candidates experience and years employed but business professionalism and friendly attitude as well.

Carewise Health Photos