Carewise Health Reviews

Reset

Sweat shop

Former Employee - Administrative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Administrative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers who are supportive of each other.

Cons

Six year without a raise....confident upper management received raises. Extremely stressful environment. Morale very low - Only possitive thing is the employees are supportive of one another.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some respect for the knowledge they have. Look inside before you hire. You need to sit down with the staff and do what they do before you make process changes. You expect too much. People are making decisions and don't even know how the systems work. THEY DON'T WORK!! The employees are not stupid, They know there are raises being given....they know you reward yourselves and ignore the people who keep the company going. If you think you are keeping this company going you are WRONG. Without your admistrative teams and the nurses you have, there would not be a company. GIVE A RAISE!!! If you can't do the right thing, sell this division to a company who can.

2. Overall good place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Good pay. Shps management team helps you succeed. Benefits are pretty good. Time off policy is the best I've ever experienced. Excellent opportunity for overtime during busy periods.

Cons

Hiring process is slow. The company relies on temporary workers for a large quantity of entry level positions. I was a temp for over a year before being offered a full time position.

3. Stay Away!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Flexibility with time off. Work as hard as you want.

Cons

No increases after 4 years.

Advice to Management

None, we need new management.

5. Good people, misguided management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Co-Workers are great, knowledgeable and friendly. Very flexible (as long as you get the job done). Close to where I live.

Cons

Poor vision and direction from senior leadership. 200% turnover in the past 4 years. No raises / increases for the past 4 years. Willing to bend over backwards for clients, but not employees. No communication from senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

6. I am given the opportunity to think critically and creatively.

Current Employee - Corporate in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Corporate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

I work with a group of talented and intelligent individuals, and with a manager who takes the time to mentor me. Not only have I gained a deep knowledge of the healthcare and benefits industries, my job expertise has grown during my time at SHPS. I get to work on a variety of projects and have direct interaction with senior management. I feel trusted and most importantly, I feel the work I do matters. I'm also continually impressed by my co-workers across the entire company and the passion they have for the work they do.

Cons

The regulatory nature of healthcare and benefits means that SHPS' strategy often changes, sometimes without warning. This means priorities change quickly and the environment can be chaotic. The recession has also taken its toll and employee morale is low. However, I've worked here long enough that I see this as simply a bump in the road.

Advice to Management

You've done a good job recently of communicating with your employees. Please continue with the town hall meetings and such. We're starving for more information.

Chaotic, constantly changing company with below average benefits/salary and poor employee morale.

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Some flexibility in schedule depending on your position and department. Begining now to offer good educational opportunities. Strong health/wellness employee programs. Great co-worker relationships.

Cons

There has been some excellent talent and ideas coming from this company. Much of the talent has jumped ship and many of the ideas just never take off or are plagued with system barriers/complications. No tangible effort by upper management to resolve serious issues that hinder employee success and productivity. Review processes are punitive in nature and offer little motivation to grow/improve. Very poor employee morale. Regular, annual layoffs without warning at year end.

Advice to Management

Somehow, you are still blessed with some talented, dedicated employees. A serious, tangible effort must be made to resolve system issues, provide vision and direction, improve employee morale and reward these employees for their dedication - they are your greatest asset.

The SHPS is sinking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Carewise Health

Pros

Some cool coworkers. The salad bar in the Aramark Cafe is awesome. Healthy vending machine options. The bathrooms are always clean.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Lack of respect and communication from management. VERY micro managed. No raises for four years while insurance premiums continued to rise. All the talented and smart employees are leaving for other companies. Constant system changes that slow down work instead of making it easier. Bosses that don't lead and are out of touch with their employees. Poor employee morale. Bad benefits. Terrible pay.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a fair wage to retain talent. Listen to ideas that employees have to make SHPS a better place. Your employees are your allies; there is no reason to hide information from them.

Not the greatest

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

Paycheck, technology and co workers.

Cons

Poor communication, training, work tools but management expects perfection. Rewards for performance do not exist, but if something goes wrong mgmt is always looking for someone to blame. Unprofessional culture, work environment is sub par.

Advice to Management

Need a complete cultural change. Need to value employees and figure out a way to manage the work load loads without working your people to death. Take a look at your turnover rate. Are you ok with training the masses and then forcing them to look for jobs outside of the organization so they can be valued and fairly compensated elsewhere. Lots and lots of soft dollars going out the door.

Great flexibility, awful pay, upper management clueless about employee needs

Current Employee - Corporate Team Member in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Corporate Team Member in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

SHPS is scared to death of lawsuits, therefore, you can get away with almost anything you want to. Many employees abuse the policies (attendance, dress, attitude, performance) and very little is done to address the issues. Good flexibility for work/life balance (but not all positions can offer this). Have seen some concern and initiative from a small handful of upper management.

Cons

HR is too afraid to do anything. Therefore, the handful of hard workers have to put up with the bad apples. Employees habitually abuse the policies mentioned above because there is no follow up from management. The company used the 2008 recession as an excuse to withhold merit increases across the whole company. Here we are in 2011 and still no pay raises. Management didn't even address it this year. Most employees are pretty unhappy so it makes for an unpleasant work environment. Pay scales are far below standards for the Louisville and National standard. No bonuses - cheesy Christmas gifts. Not a lot of PTO time compared to other local companies. Insurance is expensive. Company spends too much money flying executives around the nation (+hotel, meals and transportation) as opposed to hiring local employees to fulfill upper management positions.

Advice to Management

You need to do 'Undercover Boss' to really see your company and employees. You either don't have a clue or don't appreciate the daily grind that keeps your company moving. You need to focus on employee morale first, rather than going green or healthy living. You're losing a lot of very good employees - shooting yourself in the foot basically.

Epic FAIL!!

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Carewise Health

Pros

I have met a lot of cool people while working at SHPS. The paycheck is fair, yet relatively inadequate for the workload.

Cons

Hmmm...where to start? Bureaucracy, micromanagement, lack of respect for employees by all levels of management,mass layoffs, very poor workplace morale, no raises, no promotions, worst communication skills of any company I've ever worked for, management is totally out of touch...Are you getting the picture?

Advice to Management

Total and complete overhaul...if that's even possible at this point. Aside from layoffs, no wonder people are jumping SHPS by the masses! FAIL.

RSS Feed </> Embed