Carillon Assisted Living

Pleasant residents

Former Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Three work shifts to choose from that fits to your lifestyle...Residents are a joy to work with...pay is OK for the personal care assistant.

Cons

None that I could think of.

Positive and optimistic

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Love the staff and almost everyone I work with, emphasis on being a team, helping families through a tough time, great benefits

Cons

Dealing with inconsistent guidelines, not a lot of formal training before starting in the office.

Please go over paperwork guidelines and move in process in more detail before department heads start to give them a chance to succeed before they feel like they are failing.

It was a OK experience

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Residents families pay benefitspat good respectful people

Cons

Management food loving caring people staff an personal information

Get new managementfftthjbg b nvghbf b fgbf g

My experience at carillon of Indian trail was horrible

Former Employee - Pca in Indian Trail, NC
    Former Employee - Pca in Indian Trail, NC

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only reason I stayed for a year was my residents I loved each and everyone dearly and I loved putting a smile on their faces everyday

Cons

Employees are under paid and treated like dogs some of the people I worked with I loved we would work together and get things done but others had bad attitudes and didn't do team work

Theresa Hayes you should learn how to speak to your employees and treat them better cause they are the ones taking care of the residents not you you fire people who work their butts off for no reasons what so ever you let people go who had doctors notes saying they couldn't work but could return when they were better you hire new people and pay them more then the people who have been there a year or longer you have no respect for your employees at all all you care about is money not the residents or their familys or your employees with that said carillon assisted living of Indian trail is the worse place to work at only because of the management team

Horrible, Horrible , Horrible!!! Executive Directors with Dictator Type Attitudes

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with families that want the best of care for their Love Ones. Getting to see Happy Faces on the Seniors when Nice things are done for them. Knowing you have made a difference in someones life!

Cons

No Formal Training; No open communication with upper management; treated like second rate citizens by upper management;no room for change; if Executive Director doesn't like it, it wont get done; Largest turn over of Sales and Marketing Managers in any company I have ever worked for; Executive Directors have no compassion for family needs and situations - only interested in $ bottom line; takes no suggestions or advice from other marketing and management members. It is their way or no way. NO ROOM TO CHANGE ANYTHING . The average length of employment for a Marketing Director is about 3 months. Huge turnover in system.

changes in upper management at your facilities; more formal training for new employees; better pay for all employees; a more pleasant atmosphere with less tension at some of the facilities;

Worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Pca in Salisbury, NC
    Former Employee - Pca in Salisbury, NC

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The residents were the only reason i was proud to put on a Carillon t-shirt.

Cons

Management. The way some of the residents were treated made me sick at times. Little to no involvement with residents from management. If the residents family members were not around, the resident got the least care possible.

Be more involved with your residents. If you want respect you have to earn it. Sitting in an office behind a desk intimidating and threatening employees will not get you the results you are looking for.

Great Place to work if you like being Micro-Managed and do not know how to think for yourself

Current Employee - Director Project Purchasing in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director Project Purchasing in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Great staff, Friendly. Beautiful office spaces- Owner did everything to make things nice for employees. Generous Bounus Performance Reviews-Quarterly. Very comfortable Office setting

Cons

Senior Manangement not willing to listen to employee ideas. I was kept from interaction with Owner when it was one of my job duties because my ideas would clash with members of senior management. I was hired as
    Senior Management but treated as an hourly employee- not able to make any decisions; Micromanaged ++++
    Travel and expenses not reimbursed at standard up to date rates.

let people think, sometimes they have great ideas and know how to save lots of money

Treat their employees horribly...do not work there unless you want to be abused, used, and underpaid.

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living full-time

Pros

Wonderful residents, good reputation for treating residents well. Pretty buildings, kept clean and updated.

Cons

They make tons of promises in interviews that they will not deliver. Horrible micro mangement and they truly only care about money and "how they look". Treatment of employees, especially department heads, is bordering abusive and hostile. they pay "chinese overtime" to dietary directors and activity directors, requiring overtime to only be paid at a rate that is about $2.75-$3.75 PER HOUR!!! Many practices are not only unethical, but are illegal. They word employment contracts so they can take away bonuses. Executive Directors are mostly spys and incompetent to manageme tasks, much less people. I would never recommend anyone to work there....ever! Work anywhere else but Carillon unless you have no life, no family, no social skills, or just like being abused and used. Everything is taped and videoed, even down to when you use the restroom!

Quit treating good, decent, hard-working people like slaves. Respect the people you hire and stop micro managing every detail. People can't work under those conditions and it will be a continuing revolving door until you learn that your greed and overbearing EDs are ruining what could be a good thing.

The worst place I've ever worked

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Pretty building - that's about it.

Cons

I feel sorry for the people living there who are paying big money for their rooms. Corporate uses all that money on their offices & personnel and on making sure the curtains match the carpet in the facility instead of investing in employees who have a real passion in caring for the elderly. Yes, pretty carpet and furniture might get people in the door, but poor quality care will have them leaving as fast as they came. Corporate rarely comes to the facility and when they do, they have their noses in the air and don't acknowledge the employees. They don't even require you to be a CNA to care for their residents. Just show up in your khaki pants, they'll give you a shirt, call you a PCA (personal care attendant), pay you minimum wage and then expect you to work like a dog. It's like a revolving door - residents don't know who is going to be caring for them from one day to the next. I have to agree with the other review that says they'll hire anybody who walks off the street and is willing to work for minimum wage. And yes, they should do "Undercover Boss" and see for themselves just how hard our workload is. They don't put enough people on each shift and are more concerned with the color of a vase than the bruises on a resident's body. I wish I could find another job, but it's hard in this economy. You can bet I'll never put my own family member in this place.

Loosen up on the money and hire CNA's who have specific training in providing care for your residents! If you'll take care of your employees, you'll have happy employees and even happier residents - you'll probably even have waiting lists instead of empty rooms.

Don't believe what they tell you during the interview process

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Some of my co-workers are great, they go above and beyond and I enjoy being able to help the residents.

Cons

The company takes advantage of the employees every chance they get. They don't pay time and a half overtime, there are no benefits that anyone working for them can afford, no guaranteed hours, they hire just about anyone who is breathing and willing to work for minimum wage, so they have alot of turnover in the resident care staff - this results in missed shifts, putting more burden on those who do show up for work. You cannot use a vacation day unless you request it 30 days in advance.

Show some appreciation to your employees. Wouldn't you prefer to offer a bertter work place so you can have a good staff rather than have the constant turnover?