Caritas Norwood Hospital

Caritas Norwood Hospital Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Margaret Hanson

Depends which department you work in

Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee)
Westwood, MA

I worked at Caritas Norwood Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCaritas which is now Steward Healthcare has excellent benefits, especially the health benefits. Healthcare is very low cost and if you are seen by any of their Steward physicians or ER's there is no copay.

ConsTheir billing department is terrible to work for. You are not allowed to speak to coworkers unless it is business related. They also limit the amount of personal items you can bring to work and/or have on your desk. Overall, not a pleasant environment to work in. Work should be enjoyable as long as everyone is getting their work done. It's very micro-managed. Try getting promoted to another position; even a lateral move is nearly impossible. Managers behave as if employees and prospective employees have no intelligence or skills even with a college education and many years of experience behind them. Another con is that you can't use your sick time to care for your sick child/children.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your employees to be motivated, hard working, and dedicated to the company then you need to provide a pleasant working environment, not a sweat shop. And forcing parents to either neglect their sick children or go without pay is insulting and appalling, particularly since this is a healthcare organization. Miserable employees are unmotivated employees. Happy, appreciated employees are productive employees. It's that simple.

A Good Place to Work

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee)
Norwood, MA

I have been working at Caritas Norwood Hospital

ProsCNH delivers high quality care in a number of areas in a community hospital setting. The management is approachable, and genuinely cares about the quality of care and their employees.

ConsThe largest downside is the accessibility, for me. I do not own a car, so I use the commuter rail, which usually runs on time but not always. My options are limited as to when I can arrive and leave work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, the hospital seems to be running smoothly. But in the future, please do not shake up our entire senior management during a Joint Commission window.

okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Caritas Norwood Hospital

ProsThey offer decent pay and it is in a good location. It really depends on what position you have in the hospital as to how much you will like it.

ConsThe hours are not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with lower level staff.

Worked for Caritas Norwood Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caritas Norwood Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caritas Norwood Hospital CEO Margaret Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Caritas Norwood Hospital employees.