Carl Zeiss Meditec Reviews

Idiocracy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Carl Zeiss Meditec

Pros

Some individuals are trying to do the right thing until they leave in frustration. Some interesting technologies. Nice location away from hustle and bustle of silicon valley.

Cons

Politics, unfair treatment of individual contributors, good work not recognized, management supports only politically charged projects, greed & laziness. Contempt. Individuals work hard not smart because of lack of leadership and experience.

Instill ethics & integrity in yourself and the organization. Don't just turn to project management and SOP's to create good business elements. Recognize honesty and acknowledge the 800 lb gorilla.

Haven't Got A Clue

Current Employee - Associate  in  Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Carl Zeiss Meditec

Pros

The Company has good benefits, medical, dental, and vision. Paid vacation and sick time. The work hours for the production department are good. (6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) There are some very well qualified people dedicated to improving the instruments.

Cons

The production work flow of the instruments is horrible. There is never enough parts on hand to complete each monthly schedule. There are enough parts one week and every body works overtime then the next week there is a lack of parts and everyone sits around waiting for parts to come in. A lot of money spent needlessly. This up and down symdrome has been going on for years. This is called the JUST IN TIME method. Each month the schedule isn't met that just adds to the next months counts. But then you only have 3 weeks to complete the schedule because each month production is down at least a week waiting for parts.
    Managers and Supervisors are clueless. Communication between production associates and upper management is non-existant. The Human Resources department is not helpful.

Find a better way to keep parts in the building. The way it's done now doesn't work. Have more than one supplier for parts. Get rid of the 2 bin method. Have more people for incoming inspection. A house cleaning needs to be done on the production floor (unproductive people). Management needs to know they can keep employees motivated and the moral up by keeping employees busy. The consensus on the production floor is that management hasn't got a clue and doesn't know what their employees are doing most of the time. Idle hands breed idle minds!
    I don't know if I approve of the way M. Kaschke is leading the company because I don't think he sees the whole picture. I don't know how much he is being told.

Great brand -- now earn it back

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, CA

I worked at Carl Zeiss Meditec

Pros

Company has great brand that denotes excellent optics, durability, and customer service. Sales force is very knowledgeable. There are many people who have been there a long time and truly care about the company and its customers. Company has global reach providing opportunities for international travel and meeting the top thought leaders. Fairly stable place to work, not likely to get bought out by competitor. Technologies and diseases are very interesting. There are opportunities to make manufacturing and connectivity much better.

Cons

Company was complacent for years and now has to face increasing competition. Top management unsure how to do this, and makes decisions slowly. Seems paralyzed about fixing fundamental problems.

Take stronger stance toward manufacturing quality.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pays up if you are looking for real quiet place to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, CA

I worked at Carl Zeiss Meditec

Pros

If you do not like to work under pressure, this is the place. New releases development time is measured in years, not months, deadlines can be extended and generally it is pretty relaxing.
    Benefits are good, time off is generous, and pay is not bad for what you do.
    And you get to create software that is actually used by almost every doctor out there; there is enormous satisfaction in seeing your brainchild at work.
    And you get plenty exposure to different aspects of medical devices world - hardware, systems, clicnical. So if medical is in your blood, you might consider it.

Cons

The exposure to new technologies in the field is not optimal; depending on current project in the spotlight you might end up shifted between projects at very short notice. Knowledge sharing is sub optimal, you will have to find your own way around in most cases; if you do not you may be reinventing the wheel and nobody is going to tell you about it.
    Overall, it depends on how willing you are to take initiative. The more you do the more responisbility you are taking, and that might backfire in the end. Oh, and do not hope for quck promotion, people work there for ten-fifteen years

Fresh blood infusion is badly needed. Make sure the pay is commensurate with the person's input, not the age. And dont reinvent the wheel

I worked at Carl Zeiss Meditec

Pros

I liked the office space and most of the staff was friendly. as a temp, it was easy to ask for help and advice to colleagues.

Cons

hectic work pace as it is often the case nowadays. hard to take a 5 minutes break.

not so eco-friendly with their 5 pages invoices / 1 item a page ! time consuming to print as well as expensive to mail. that's all I can say as I was there for only a few days. oh and also... maybe consider taking clients orders by e-mail.

Exciting beginning, disappointing end

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Intern  in  Oberkochen (Germany)
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Intern in Oberkochen (Germany)

I worked at Carl Zeiss Meditec as an intern for less than a year

Pros

CZM has a lot to offer career wise. A very international company with extensive reach and impressive product lineup. The marketing communications department is large and does a lot of important stuff. This means there's a lot to learn.

Cons

It seems there is a disconnect sometimes between the managers of interns and the interns themselves. In the MC department i heard several stories about previous interns who were mismanaged. Their bosses would make fun of them and everyone was quite rude. My managers seemingly did not see the need of feedback and saved their ball of frustrations until the end to give me a bad review and smash my confidence. Overall it boils down to people, if your bosses would be open and communicative enough.

There needs to be a much better system to manage the care of interns. There has been a lot of horror stories of managers and coworkers being rude to interns, bullying them and lack of constructive feedback. This greatly takes away from the appeal of working there.

Field Service

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Carl Zeiss Meditec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stable company
    Friendly people
    Company vehicle
    Territory ownership

Cons

Salary is not stable, only get paid by jobs.
    Disorganized
    Cant enforce its own SOPs or guidelines
    Sales distributors do not stick to policies
    Very close minded company

Speaking from engineers in the field, the only reason why the company has not lost their field force is because of the lack of jobs and the economy. Take a look at the pay structure and your sales distributors

carl zeiss meditec berlin - experience

I worked at Carl Zeiss Meditec as an intern for less than a year

Pros

access to the complete zeiss family, market leaders in the market

Cons

less incentives as compared to other global companies

My experience after one year.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Carl Zeiss Meditec as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I'm passionate in my work. Can't do anything halfway.
    Love to analyse, playing with number and, by data-based analyses of markets, I can add my expertise to the strategy of my company.

Cons

Would like that Marketing and Sales finally reach a common goal.
    Would like for management to understand better human needs. (Yaeh, maybe, that comes to "advices for management")

Worked for Carl Zeiss Meditec? Contribute to the Community!