Carl's Jr

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • You get 50% discount on food when you work(in 4 reviews)

• Schedule flexibility, opportunity for pleasant work environment, fast paced, never dull(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay(in 7 reviews)

• And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers(in 3 reviews)

HORRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with its a fast paced environment which is a good thing.

ConsThis company is very disorganized and wont work around your schedule at all plus they work you like a slave for little pay.

Fast Food

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) Citrus Heights, CA

ProsGreat and fun staff to work with, good hours and flexible with them.

ConsSome customers seem to be on the grumpy side when they walk in, but what fast food restaurant doesn't have that?

poor management

Cook (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosgood discount 50% off dine in 20% off togo

Consmanagement doesn't understand the way things actually work
    not a well put together company

Advice to Senior Managementtake advice from those working in store

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like the experience there great customer service

Cashier (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsGreat working at Carl's it's not that bad

ConsLearn how to be professional & respectful & keep your cool

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the job up

Worst job !!!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGet a education! And look for something else . Go to Mc Donalds . If you want to work at a fast food.

ConsIf YOU want a job were you work at a fast pace, twice the work, no raises . Once you know Dt , you will be basically left alone to do DT ,cashier .! Plus extra cleaning duties! And there expecting you to do it all . Plus having your dt times low! That's how they make money on overworked employess with low pay.

Crew member

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

Prosgreat crew to work with

Consdisorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Stressful, bad management

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI liked their high level of customer service standards, trained well, easy to use POS

ConsExpected too much out of people. Very difficult and stressful to keep up with their expectations which often seem unrealistic. Management had obvious favorites and let some get away with standing around while others had picked up their slack. Must be able to multitask EXTRAORDINARILY well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and treat your employees with respect and maybe you will have your workers stay longer than a month.

Bad outweighs the good in fast food

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsMet long life friends here, fun atmosphere but it depends on your co-workers and if they like you. Had great regular customers who became friends as well. Schedule was way flexible, but good for those going to school full-time and enjoyed the discount on occasion.

ConsIf day was slow, was sent home early, i.e. if working 6 hours and then working only 4 instead. Had a strict DM who considered other workers who've worked only a few months to be a shift leader than those who've been there longer and had more experience. When it does get busy and everyone goes home from being sent home early, got customers to complain why there isn't more help. there's always part time positions, never full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a possible raise for those who get good reviews from secret shopper more than once, make sure whoever gets hired are reliable enough that if they can't work there anymore or found another job to contact whoever is in charge. That has happened more than once and then the restaurant gets short staffed and get more complaints from customers when it's busy.

Meh

Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFlexible hours great coworkers, discounts

Conslow pay not enough hours

Advice to Senior Managementnon

Hectic and Frustrating. Corporate isn't too caring of their employees.

Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) Downey, CA

ProsIt's easy to get more hours working at Carl's Jr. If you work really hard you can rack up about 30-40 hours in one week.

ConsCorporate is really strict when it comes to scripting and regulations. The scripting cards are long and ridiculous. They try to enforce scripting that nobody will do.

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!