Carl's Jr

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • You get 50% discount on food when you work(in 4 reviews)

• Schedule flexibility, opportunity for pleasant work environment, fast paced, never dull(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay(in 7 reviews)

• And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers(in 3 reviews)

Fast Food Service

General Manager (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsIf you enjoy working with people and you don't mind physical labor It can be a rewarding job. You will function in a fast paced enviroment 80% of the time so your work day will "fly by".

ConsYour work week can exceed 60 hour on a regular basis. The company states they have a work /life balance, however the company's actions will prove that statement to be false. General managers in areas that don't have a uneducated labor force will struggle to retain employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen employees follow the proper guidelines for airing greivences, they should be addressed in a manner that's fair to all parties involved.

Hours are crap

Crew Member (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsFast paced, Co-workers are friendly, Decent first job, Immediate job security

ConsHours/days are crap: I only get 4 and a half hours, one day a week even after working here for 3 months; Feels like certain employees get more hours than others; Over staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reconsider how you hire people. It seems that people get hired left and right just to move out other employees (high turn over rate).

2002 this was the best place that any general manager would love to work at. But in 2008 it all went down hill.

General Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood benefits good pay bonus are good and hourly pay now.

ConsLeadership change and it's not worth working there anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want vacaciones you need to save labor ahead to take time off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with its a fast paced environment which is a good thing.

ConsThis company is very disorganized and wont work around your schedule at all plus they work you like a slave for little pay.

poor management

Cook (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosgood discount 50% off dine in 20% off togo

Consmanagement doesn't understand the way things actually work
    not a well put together company

Advice to Senior Managementtake advice from those working in store

Crew member

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

Prosgreat crew to work with

Consdisorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Stressful, bad management

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI liked their high level of customer service standards, trained well, easy to use POS

ConsExpected too much out of people. Very difficult and stressful to keep up with their expectations which often seem unrealistic. Management had obvious favorites and let some get away with standing around while others had picked up their slack. Must be able to multitask EXTRAORDINARILY well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and treat your employees with respect and maybe you will have your workers stay longer than a month.

Bad outweighs the good in fast food

Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsMet long life friends here, fun atmosphere but it depends on your co-workers and if they like you. Had great regular customers who became friends as well. Schedule was way flexible, but good for those going to school full-time and enjoyed the discount on occasion.

ConsIf day was slow, was sent home early, i.e. if working 6 hours and then working only 4 instead. Had a strict DM who considered other workers who've worked only a few months to be a shift leader than those who've been there longer and had more experience. When it does get busy and everyone goes home from being sent home early, got customers to complain why there isn't more help. there's always part time positions, never full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a possible raise for those who get good reviews from secret shopper more than once, make sure whoever gets hired are reliable enough that if they can't work there anymore or found another job to contact whoever is in charge. That has happened more than once and then the restaurant gets short staffed and get more complaints from customers when it's busy.

EH

Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) Fountain Valley, CA

Prosnice co-workers, good team bonding

ConsCustomers are extremely indecisive at times, and it brings the drive-thru time down by a lot. This puts a strain on the team, since we're supposed to achieve a certain time. A lot of stress comes with the job, and it only pays minimum wage despite having to be skilled in various areas.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer better wages, perhaps create a rule where a customer cannot order at the drive thru window...

General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee) Medford, OR

ProsGreat food- Nice guests- Nice building

ConsEmployees not treated well consistently

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen owners more carefully

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!