Carl's Jr

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Puzder

Pros:
  • "You get 50% discount on food when you work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "I liked their high level of customer service standards, trained well, easy to use POS"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay"
    in 7 reviews
  • "And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The people are what make it fun

Salem, OR

ProsRegular hours
Often get sent home early on slow nights
Friendly coworkers

ConsLow pay
Difficult customers
No tips
Overly friendly coworkers

Advice to Senior ManagementTelling your employees they did a good job is just as important as telling them they need to improve.

One of the worst jobs ever.

Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for more than a year

Pros-Friendly co-workers
-Discount on food
-Easy to get hired

Cons-Management is terrible. They are rude and inconsiderate.
-There is always a lack of supplies.
-If you're a cashier, you get the worst end of this job. You get yelled at by unsatisfied customers for the mistakes of the cooks.
-The management doesn't care about you at all.
-Management doesn't report injuries, then tells you to "Stop over exaggerating."
-Harassment is unavoidable in this job, upper management will not care and yell at you ANYWHERE.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really treat your employees with respect , if you want it in return. Guess this is what you get when you don't pursue further education.

upper management SUCKS.

Crew Member (Former Employee)
Chino, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time for more than 3 years

ProsCoworkers are usually fun to work with
Learn spanish from cooks
Easy job to land
once you've been gain the respect of shift leaders, you have ALOT of leeway ;)

ConsUppermanagement is terrible. They do NOT care about you AT ALL. I had ONE GM that was awesome. I had three total.
You're SUPPOSED to get a raise every year. my last year there they decided to throw out a HUGE middle finger to all the loyal employees and say no raises. One girl got fired for not offering an upsize on ONE order. You kidding me?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy. Notice how chick fil a and innout are so successful? they actually care about the customer and you dont. They are ALOT more generous with both employees and customers.
Happy Employee = MUCH more sales.

crazy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Carl's Jr

Prosmeet people, learn to work at a fast pace and make decisions quickly. definitely become more outgoing after doing this for a while

Consrules are always broken, pay is bad, no benefits depending on if you are corporate owned or franchised owned, crazy stuff happens between employees. basically the employees make the job harder than it has to be.

Advice to Senior Managementfollow the rules.

Bottom of the job chain

Redding, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for more than 3 years

ProsRepetative, and easy if you kmnow what your doing.

ConsSmelly, low-grade, and small room for advancement. not a career job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a good leader who leads by example.

physically and emotionally draining, but good temp college job

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for more than 3 years

Prosflexible schedules, awesome food for lunch at 50% disc =)

Consvery fast-paced and are constantly pressured by time, need to keep smiles on even when not feeling them, always come out smelling like grease

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with employees more often and share your goals with us because sometimes we are clueless of what is going on...

Carl's Jr's

Yuba City, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood hours, Fast moving, Small crew

ConsMinimum wage, Hard to be sick

it was ok...

Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Prosvery nice people and other workers

Consfeet really hurt at the end of the day

great

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Prosgreat hours for the jobs

Consneed more people to work there

Advice to Senior Managementgood work

Easy Job- But Horrible Place To Work

Carl's Junior Team Member (Current Employee)
Sandy, UT

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

ProsA- You get a discount on food
B- The job is really easy
C- It was very easy to get hired
D- The Team Members are nice
E- The morning shift is the best shift to work (yes it sucks getting up early, but it's a lot slower and easier- all you do is stock cups, fill fry sauce cups, lids, etc. Plus in the morning you don't have to say the script that is required for you to say)

ConsA- Cooks are really rude, slow, and mess up on orders constantly (which you're the one getting yelled at by the customers for their incompotence)
B- The Store Manager is nice but the Assistant Managers are really rude
C- Corporate Managers are really rude and fussy
D- Corporate Managers come in on a weekly basis (I've never had a job where corporate comes in as much as they do here)
E- Employees who have been there a long time get away with everything (they constantly pull no shows, walk out during shifts, and are short on their registers- and management does nothing about it)
F- They don't give you checks, you get a paycard (every two weeks when I get paid and want to transfer the money on my paycard to my bank account it's a hassle every time. I have to call the company every single time- which you get charged for)
G- Corporate Managers find reasons to yell at you (1- A lady asked me if she could have fry sauce and I said sure, the Corp. Manager then came over to me and yelled at me in front of customers that I'm supposed to say "My Pleasure" she then made me sign a paper verifying that I was told this. 2- One of the guys I worked with asked a customer if they'd like to try the California Burrito and Corp. Manager yelled at him that it's called Burrito California. 3- I could go on and on with examples)
H- If you're going to order food on your break- get the food first before you clock out. Otherwise you'll spend 15 minutes of your break (no exaggeration) waiting for your food then you'll have to scarf it down.
I- If you work the morning shift you get your break really early (if you're scheduled 7-2 then you'll get your break at 9- they want you to have your break over with before it gets busy. So you then go through the rest of the day exhausted)
J- Make sure you keep the slip that prints out when you clock out for your break (I had the Assistant Manager yell at me that I was on break for 45 min. and I said "no I wasn't I've only been out for 25 min. here's my slip")
K- They still have discontinued items on the menu and then they get mad at you when you sell one of those items to the customer.
L- You make minimum wage

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, get better nicer cooks, and treat everyone equally.

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carl's Jr reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carl's Jr CEO Andrew Puzder. All 55 reviews posted anonymously by Carl's Jr employees.