Carl's Jr

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • You get 50% discount on food when you work(in 4 reviews)

• Schedule flexibility, opportunity for pleasant work environment, fast paced, never dull(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay(in 7 reviews)

• And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers(in 3 reviews)

The first and worst job I ever had!!!

Crew Member (Former Employee) Nampa, ID

Pros-You get 50% discount on food when you work!
    -Really good food!
    -A really nice Manager

Cons-Favoritism
    -Low pay
    -Difficult customers
    -No tips( If you got a $10-25 tip they would tell you they will have to pay you $3.25 because your getting tips! Which I think is bs )
    -Rude co-workers that talk behind your back
    -Often get sent home early on slow nights
    -Promise to raise you wage and they don't!
    -Assistant Managers are really rude!
    -Overwork you like a donkey!

Advice to Senior Management-Respect the employee you take for granted! (Some of us are really hard workers, and other lazies)
    -Talk to the employees when they quit if you can! (Empathy)
    -Tell other employees to stop being rude to one and another!!!
    -DON'T PROMISE YOU'LL RAISE WAGE AND GIVE HIM/HER PROMOTION!!! ( I hate when they don't keep their promise!)
    -SAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU! AND GREET THE CUSTOMERS!!!

The people are what make it fun

Cashier (Current Employee) Salem, OR

ProsRegular hours
    Often get sent home early on slow nights
    Friendly coworkers

ConsLow pay
    Difficult customers
    No tips
    Overly friendly coworkers

Advice to Senior ManagementTelling your employees they did a good job is just as important as telling them they need to improve.

upper management SUCKS.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Chino, CA

ProsCoworkers are usually fun to work with
    Learn spanish from cooks
    Easy job to land
    once you've been gain the respect of shift leaders, you have ALOT of leeway ;)

ConsUppermanagement is terrible. They do NOT care about you AT ALL. I had ONE GM that was awesome. I had three total.
    You're SUPPOSED to get a raise every year. my last year there they decided to throw out a HUGE middle finger to all the loyal employees and say no raises. One girl got fired for not offering an upsize on ONE order. You kidding me?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy. Notice how chick fil a and innout are so successful? they actually care about the customer and you dont. They are ALOT more generous with both employees and customers.
    Happy Employee = MUCH more sales.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst jobs ever.

Cashier (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

Pros-Friendly co-workers
    -Discount on food
    -Easy to get hired

Cons-Management is terrible. They are rude and inconsiderate.
    -There is always a lack of supplies.
    -If you're a cashier, you get the worst end of this job. You get yelled at by unsatisfied customers for the mistakes of the cooks.
    -The management doesn't care about you at all.
    -Management doesn't report injuries, then tells you to "Stop over exaggerating."
    -Harassment is unavoidable in this job, upper management will not care and yell at you ANYWHERE.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really treat your employees with respect , if you want it in return. Guess this is what you get when you don't pursue further education.

Bottom of the job chain

Cashier (Current Employee) Redding, CA

ProsRepetative, and easy if you kmnow what your doing.

ConsSmelly, low-grade, and small room for advancement. not a career job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a good leader who leads by example.

Carl's Jr's

Cashier (Current Employee) Yuba City, CA

ProsGood hours, Fast moving, Small crew

ConsMinimum wage, Hard to be sick

it was ok...

Cashier (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

Prosvery nice people and other workers

Consfeet really hurt at the end of the day

Easy Job- But Horrible Place To Work

Carl's Junior Team Member (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsA- You get a discount on food
    B- The job is really easy
    C- It was very easy to get hired
    D- The Team Members are nice
    E- The morning shift is the best shift to work (yes it sucks getting up early, but it's a lot slower and easier- all you do is stock cups, fill fry sauce cups, lids, etc. Plus in the morning you don't have to say the script that is required for you to say)

ConsA- Cooks are really rude, slow, and mess up on orders constantly (which you're the one getting yelled at by the customers for their incompotence)
    B- The Store Manager is nice but the Assistant Managers are really rude
    C- Corporate Managers are really rude and fussy
    D- Corporate Managers come in on a weekly basis (I've never had a job where corporate comes in as much as they do here)
    E- Employees who have been there a long time get away with everything (they constantly pull no shows, walk out during shifts, and are short on their registers- and management does nothing about it)
    F- They don't give you checks, you get a paycard (every two weeks when I get paid and want to transfer the money on my paycard to my bank account it's a hassle every time. I have to call the company every single time- which you get charged for)
    G- Corporate Managers find reasons to yell at you (1- A lady asked me if she could have fry sauce and I said sure, the Corp. Manager then came over to me and yelled at me in front of customers that I'm supposed to say "My Pleasure" she then made me sign a paper verifying that I was told this. 2- One of the guys I worked with asked a customer if they'd like to try the California Burrito and Corp. Manager yelled at him that it's called Burrito California. 3- I could go on and on with examples)
    H- If you're going to order food on your break- get the food first before you clock out. Otherwise you'll spend 15 minutes of your break (no exaggeration) waiting for your food then you'll have to scarf it down.
    I- If you work the morning shift you get your break really early (if you're scheduled 7-2 then you'll get your break at 9- they want you to have your break over with before it gets busy. So you then go through the rest of the day exhausted)
    J- Make sure you keep the slip that prints out when you clock out for your break (I had the Assistant Manager yell at me that I was on break for 45 min. and I said "no I wasn't I've only been out for 25 min. here's my slip")
    K- They still have discontinued items on the menu and then they get mad at you when you sell one of those items to the customer.
    L- You make minimum wage

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, get better nicer cooks, and treat everyone equally.

What you'd expect

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFlexible schedule
    Always something to do

ConsLow pay but no lower than others in the industry

Frustrating and stressful at times but also stable and not difficult.

Cashier (Current Employee) Buena Park, CA

ProsHelpful if you want to learn basic customer service.
    Co-workers are usually very friendly.
    You can start to network with regular customers and create more opportunities for future employment.

ConsHours aren't consistent, you can work everyday one week and then just a single day the next.
    Management isn't always filled with competent people.
    It's fast food.

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!