Carl's Jr Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • Fast paced, Co-workers are friendly, Decent first job, Immediate job security (in 6 reviews)

• I liked their high level of customer service standards, trained well, easy to use POS (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • That's how they make money on overworked employess with low pay (in 8 reviews)

• But they won't actually promote me from shift leader trainee to (in 5 reviews)

1. Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone worked as a team mostly the customers were nice n gentle

Cons

Working far getting hurt there

Advice to Management

Good

2. crew member

I have been working at Carl's Jr (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean, good food, consistent quality

Cons

No break room, low pay, very demanding work

3. Good first job in customer service

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

Good place to learn what a fast-paced workplace is like. Learning to work with customers was a plus.

Cons

Management wasn't that great. Many employees were unprofessional. People were not always there to work. Training wasn't great.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to screen the shift leaders so that you know for sure what they are doing when managers aren't there. Also, come up with a better training process that teaches new hires how to do their job.

5. Shift Leader

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Sonora, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The very best thing about Carl's was the comradery. A lot of the people are in a similar situation to your own, so its easy to relate to your coworkers. We really had some great people at this particular Carl's. The manager was like a mother to us.

Cons

The regional manager/ partial owner was eccentric, and had a hard time expressing his concerns in a positive manner. So most of his visits stressed the employees out. Other than that, the job itself was stressful in general.

Advice to Management

The general manager is great. The upper management and the owners should raise the labor percentage allowance to lower the stress level of the employees.

6. ok company

Pros

flexible hours, good shifts, ok job

Cons

always constantly busy, sometimes don't care about employees

Advice to Management

care more about your employees

7. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice starting out salary. The corporate company was awesome to work for. Met a lot of great managers and learned new experience.

Cons

Bonus structure wasn't that great and trying to get the info for the bonus was impossible, our DM couldn't give us the information for It. Also some district managers in our area were horrible .

Advice to Management

Get new district managers! Make sure general managers are given the bonus structure when they start so they know what they are working towards .

8. shift leader

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

Good schedule, hours in fact.

Cons

Can't really move up in the restaurant.

As bad as others reviews.

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

Discount.... Imi not at all

Cons

Bad training, ungrateful shift leaders, bullying, co-workers muttering behind some ones back, sexual harassment, expecting impossible task to get done 100%, they want you to guess everything, each employee has its different procedures and rules( while manager was out). You were called Pendej0!! if you prepare something wrong.

Advice to Management

Be sure that shift leaders follow up main procedures as they are in detail. The reasons why new employees not last longer is because some shift leaders ( not all) bullying and intimidate new ones behind managers back and expect impossibles. And each leader has its own rules, they scold employees in front of customers and other employees. In my case, I was treated differently with others. Later I realized when a new girls got into that one of the leaders stared at her, despite she was new she got 30 hours more than any other cashier. I hope the manager fix this, this stores has many issues to work on.

Rudeness and under pressure

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in National City, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, even if you are a average employee. Some members help out as a team.

Cons

Mean shift leaders, not everyone. If you are a young guy, you will get different standards comparing to a 🚺 woman. Super humans is what they want. No promotion Bad training Each shift leader gives different instruction like they were managers. This week i requested to move to location, and they rejected it calling the restaurants close my home that not hire me.

Advice to Management

There are many changes to work on. Firstly male shift leaders harrasing new team members. Second is the training, the ciber calrs program isnt enough to teach new ones. Third make sure there is friendships between shif leaders and cookers, they share those drive-thru head sets while the manager is out. And last one, do not be cheap with the service.

11. Average

Pros

50% off discount on the food. Good Food Average

Cons

Not really anything bad just pretty average.

Advice to Management

Pretty good I guess.

RSS Feed </> Embed