Carl's Jr Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.7

Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • You get 50% discount on food when you work (in 4 reviews)

• Schedule flexibility, opportunity for pleasant work environment, fast paced, never dull (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay (in 7 reviews)

• And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

so many people

Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you get to talk to people every day

Cons

you have to talk to people every day

don't worry about drive through times so much, oh and pay more

Fun but stressful

Former Employee - Crew Trainer  in  Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Crew Trainer in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet great people,If you're looking to get a lot of hours, Great training if store first opens, Easy to work your way up if you're good at what you do

Cons

Management is poor, After a while standards are forgotten, Survival of the fittest, Many old people or teenagers in high school, Too much stress for little money

Shift leader

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for what you do

Cons

It depends who do you work for

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trying to grow in a new market quicker than they can handle

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was average and I enjoy working for customers

Cons

They have one trainer responsible for training all incoming managers and she cannot focus and properly train with so many people she is responsible for. The training program is a joke. Cheap on labor and horrible absence of tools (a dish washer, label gun, proper timers to name a few) that could help crew and reduce costs, even labor, in the restaurant. Managers do not have it easy either with their dinosaur computer methods for ordering products and counting inventory. Workers are extremely stressed and unfriendly, what they call "scripting" frusterates a lot of quests but if you don't do it u could be fired. There is a lack of team work because all employees are too busy on their individual stations to accomplish much. They have no set prep person or maintenance and employees are expected to do these tasks along with their regular tasks throughout the day, and god forbid something runs out even if all employees have been extremely busy all day taking care of guests and orders you get reprimanded.

Your in a new market. That's difficult I know. But listen to employees and management for ideas on what would help business move smoother and make them happy. Employees who are happy and not over stressed make customers happy. Invest in items that will help business and employees like a dishwasher especially in stores who's sales are over 30k a week. A label gun will save a lot of labor from employees having to fill out 100+ labels daily by hand. Invest in food storage pans- that saran wrap is difficult when your trying to be fast.

Avoid at ALL costs, no MATTER how desperate

Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier  in  Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Pros

20%, 50% discount on meals - that is if you used it regularly enough

Cons

**Despite the discount, I DON'T EAT HERE, I bought a shake during a break and it made me sick whenever I took a sip. I even made it myself!
    **There's district/regional/general manager conflicts.
    **I'm sure no one at the restaurant likes their coworkers, and you consistently hear managers cursing the job, on the job.
    **The Carl's Jr I work at is disorganized and consistently lacks supplies.
    I'm overworked and sometimes never get a much needed break. Customers like me and come back for the service but because I'm the only cashier on deck I have to juggle cleaning the ever dirty tables, sweep THEN mop the floors, wipe down windows from the inside AND outside, clear restrooms, replace and take out all the trash to the dumpster and beverage bar which is all expected to be done in less than 15 minutes. And I tend to guests as they come in so I have to constantly restart the "circle of influence" so I can't get things done when I have things pulling me in 3 different directions. Not doable, and not conceivable--especially during lunch rush when the stress is greater.
    One manager threatened to keep me at the restaurant past my time even though the afternoon shift cashier had clocked in to assume my duties.
    **The place is filthy. I ate once at the location I work at (before I worked there) and the tabletops were sticky. As I got employed I learned why: the employees don't change out their sanitation bucket water and will continue using the same dirty water until it's opaque and grey. Remember that these buckets and towels have all the crumbs, grease, soda, and dirt cleaned up from guests' tables in them. Filthy. Disgusting.

**SCRIPTING. Every guest gives me a dirty look whenever I ask them if they want the 1/3 or 1/2 lb patty for the thick burger, or to upsize, because it tacks on $2-$4 to what would've been a more affordable meal, into a over-glorified heart attack. Whoever wrote the scripting has probably never dealt with face-to-face business in the restaurant service industry.

Have a "busboy" job, because a cashier can't be both a cashier and busboy within reasonable means.

Hire better managers.

Don't play "favorites".

Have better hierarchy of management organization.

Get a better POS system that gives more power to cashiers with the guest orders--every time I ask for the manager card because a guest changed their mind about a meal, the manager shoots me a dirty look as if I did something wrong.

Hours are crap

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, Co-workers are friendly, Decent first job, Immediate job security

Cons

Hours/days are crap: I only get 4 and a half hours, one day a week even after working here for 3 months; Feels like certain employees get more hours than others; Over staffed

Please reconsider how you hire people. It seems that people get hired left and right just to move out other employees (high turn over rate).

I loved it. Very professional.

Former Employee - Shift Leader  in  Victorville, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Victorville, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible, Paid Time Off, Great Food

Cons

A lot of changes to policies. Some managers not too nice to crew members.

Reducing the script due to too many customers giving dirty looks or complaining about all the upselling and sounding like flight attendants. (Guest actually told me that).

2002 this was the best place that any general manager would love to work at. But in 2008 it all went down hill.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits good pay bonus are good and hourly pay now.

Cons

Leadership change and it's not worth working there anymore.

If you want vacaciones you need to save labor ahead to take time off.

cashier

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

its really good company values

Cons

making money 40hrs per week

Great Product and People... Great to work

Current Employee - Regional Vice President  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great focus on people and development

Cons

Tough attracting talent can be challenging at times

Keep focus on developing people

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!