Carl's Jr Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. wouldn't recommend to anyone unless in high school or going to school

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

50 percent discount and flexible hours

Cons

bad management and they arrange hours according to people they favorite

Worst job !!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Get a education! And look for something else . Go to Mc Donalds . If you want to work at a fast food.

Cons

If YOU want a job were you work at a fast pace, twice the work, no raises . Once you know Dt , you will be basically left alone to do DT ,cashier .! Plus extra cleaning duties! And there expecting you to do it all . Plus having your dt times low! That's how they make money on overworked employess with low pay.

Avoid at ALL costs, no MATTER how desperate

Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20%, 50% discount on meals - that is if you used it regularly enough

Cons

**Despite the discount, I DON'T EAT HERE, I bought a shake during a break and it made me sick whenever I took a sip. I even made it myself! **There's district/regional/general manager conflicts. **I'm sure no one at the restaurant likes their coworkers, and you consistently hear managers cursing the job, on the job. **The Carl's Jr I work at is disorganized and consistently lacks supplies. I'm overworked and sometimes never get a much needed break. Customers like me and come back for the service but because I'm the only cashier on deck I have to juggle cleaning the ever dirty tables, sweep THEN mop the floors, wipe down windows from the inside AND outside, clear restrooms, replace and take out all the trash to the dumpster and beverage bar which is all expected to be done in less than 15 minutes. And I tend to guests as they come in so I have to constantly restart the "circle of influence" so I can't get things done when I have things pulling me in 3 different directions. Not doable, and not conceivable--especially during lunch rush when the stress is greater. One manager threatened to keep me at the restaurant past my time even though the afternoon shift cashier had clocked in to assume my duties. **The place is filthy. I ate once at the location I work at (before I worked there) and the tabletops were sticky. As I got employed I learned why: the employees don't change out their sanitation bucket water and will continue using the same dirty water until it's opaque and grey. Remember that these buckets and towels have all the crumbs, grease, soda, and dirt cleaned up from guests' tables in them. Filthy. Disgusting. **SCRIPTING. Every guest gives me a dirty look whenever I ask them if they want the 1/3 or 1/2 lb patty for the thick burger, or to upsize, because it tacks on $2-$4 to what would've been a more affordable meal, into a over-glorified heart attack. Whoever wrote the scripting has probably never dealt with face-to-face business in the restaurant service industry.

Advice to Management

Have a "busboy" job, because a cashier can't be both a cashier and busboy within reasonable means. Hire better managers. Don't play "favorites". Have better hierarchy of management organization. Get a better POS system that gives more power to cashiers with the guest orders--every time I ask for the manager card because a guest changed their mind about a meal, the manager shoots me a dirty look as if I did something wrong.

Trying to grow in a new market quicker than they can handle

Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was average and I enjoy working for customers

Cons

They have one trainer responsible for training all incoming managers and she cannot focus and properly train with so many people she is responsible for. The training program is a joke. Cheap on labor and horrible absence of tools (a dish washer, label gun, proper timers to name a few) that could help crew and reduce costs, even labor, in the restaurant. Managers do not have it easy either with their dinosaur computer methods for ordering products and counting inventory. Workers are extremely stressed and unfriendly, what they call "scripting" frusterates a lot of quests but if you don't do it u could be fired. There is a lack of team work because all employees are too busy on their individual stations to accomplish much. They have no set prep person or maintenance and employees are expected to do these tasks along with their regular tasks throughout the day, and god forbid something runs out even if all employees have been extremely busy all day taking care of guests and orders you get reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Your in a new market. That's difficult I know. But listen to employees and management for ideas on what would help business move smoother and make them happy. Employees who are happy and not over stressed make customers happy. Invest in items that will help business and employees like a dishwasher especially in stores who's sales are over 30k a week. A label gun will save a lot of labor from employees having to fill out 100+ labels daily by hand. Invest in food storage pans- that saran wrap is difficult when your trying to be fast.

Inadequate treatment of their employees.

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, my co-workers were friendly. Since we are in a college town, the students that came in are nice. There is a 50% discount on duty.

Cons

Customers are ridiculous, but that is just fast food. They are allowed to personally insult and threaten you all they want, and you cannot defend yourself at all. Upper management is so contradictory and hypocritical. They demand one thing, but are dissatisfied when that is done. One silly example of this: We need to stock the napkin holders. We fill them up just like the district manager shows us, he comes in again and tells us to put less napkins in. We do it again just like he shows us, and he tells us to do it like the first time. Ridiculous. They expect you to be superman. They expect the drive thru person to clean, cashier, do all of drive thru and keep up with cleaning. On top of this, we have to have orders out in 3.5 minutes. With how long everything takes to cook, and the number of responsibilities they give us, this is impossible. Upper management is always telling us how horrible we all are, and constantly crying that we can't do all this and the insane amount of chores we have to do every night. This could all be fixed if they had more employees on the clock, but no, the rich franchise has to save every dollar. I even have to send people home if we are slow, instead of having them do chores! Then, we get rushed and don't have the manpower every time! The scripting is intrusive and I can tell it ticks off the guests. It makes you sound like a drone and they push it until they are red in the face. They treat they employees like crap. Here is what is happening to me: We recently got bought by franchise, so during transition my paycheck got cut and nobody told me. It went from $8.75 to $8.25. Apparently, a clerical error. Well it has been a month and my general manager has notified them twice and nothing. Also, I got a promotion 2.5 months ago. But they won't actually promote me from shift leader trainee to shift leader, even though I'm doing all the work as one. I've been closing on my own since I got that title. I know it's because they are trying and succeeding at exploiting me for all my worth. It's unacceptable. They push happiness on you, but when they treat you like this, how can you be? Then they get angry at you for not being in a good mood. Franchise wants shift leaders helping the employees, but then they give us all this extra meaningless paperwork. How are we supposed to get out on time and do all this? we can't. Franchise makes us stay open 1.5 hours later than corporate, so now I'm exhausted every night. It's messing me up. I study 12 credit hours, and work is giving me 45 hours a week because we don't have enough shift leaders or employees. The shift leaders at my restaurant are being torn apart from all the stress and being overworked for barely any pay.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they're sub-human if they can't live up to your ridiculous tasks. You are a fast food restaurant, stop thinking this is a five star place. It's not. Stop scripting, and guests will be happier. They don't want to buy all the food we push. You're just annoying them. Stop expecting general manager and shift leader to work magic.

7. Very bad team work and pay

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You het to do practically anything you want

Cons

Very low pay shift leader making .25 cents more than a regular cashier no benefits and no raise

Advice to Management

Need to get better management and employees and please give a raise to shift leaders

I can say, without a doubt, that this is one of the worst places I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Tanasbourne, OR
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Tanasbourne, OR

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Unless you like being treated horribly.

Cons

The employees belittle you and are rude. Manager threatens anger over the smallest mistakes that should be expected of a new employee that had been badly trained, what's more is that they didn't realize I was hispanic and could understand spanish (I'm black, so its not easily apparent) so the manager took it upon herself to insult me and belittle the way I was working in spanish to all the other workers. I was told to go out and interact with "guests", as in baby them. As in ask the "guests" if they'd like me to get them napkins or refill their drinks. It kind of disgusted me the way the manager expected me to fill a grown mans drink for him in a FAST FOOD JOINT. Not even I got this treatment when I'd go to Carls jr. Even the customers thought that they were treating me with disrespect. I was called in for on call work at least everyday in the one week I worked there, but when I would work they would just make me deal with filling up the "guests" sodas and cleaning up after them (if they so pleased, which, surprise, usually they don't). I had finally had enough the last day of the week when the manager and her employeers gathered around and chatted in spanish about what the manager and I spoke about in the back room privately. In no way would there be any reason for her to share my privacy with other employees. I got tired of being pushed around and treated like I'm nothing, so I happily quit. All in all, bad people, bad management, bad hours, bad training, and horrible pay.

Advice to Management

Don't assume that no one can understand spanish. Don't use language to insult and gossip about your employees. Be professional. If you can't schedule your workers, at least respect them if you want them to work on call. The "guest" and restaurant "fine dining" experience you want your employees to deliver isn't fooling anyone. You're making employees belittle your "guests" by asking workers to refill their drinks and throw out trash for them, so drop that part off your pointless training regimen. And if you can't do any of those then please do pay your workers above minimum wage, so they can support themselves.

Worst Expirence!!

Pros

Discount for food & free drinks

Cons

Co workers & treated with no respect

Advice to Management

Well when I first started working at Carl's I wS super excited since it was my first actual job, but as I started my first day everybody was so rude to me I was getting yelled at left to right making me feel worthless and useless I thought maybe this is only happening because it's my first day but I was wrong it's my second week working there and I hate it more than anything my days just keep getting worst & worst. the manager has her favorites treats others with more respect than myself. I try being nice being friendly with my coworkers but it just comes back to bite me in the butt. I Do the job correct like the way they tell me to do it but then they yell at me saying I'm doing it wrong and send me somewhere else. Shift leaders are always making me do the dirty work ( clean the bathrooms toilets urine sink floor, take out trash, clean the diner, the soda machines) I badically feel like Cinderella! No one should be treated the way I'm being treated working at Carl's so I reccomend not applying at Carl's jr in vineland and Mongolia in California!

10. Worst job I have ever had. The manager only gives you hours if she likes you.

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is honestly nothing positive from working here.

Cons

Manager made me scrub the concrete in front of the with a broom and then criticize me about taking forever. Instead of investing in a power washer.

11. Bad

Current Employee - Cook in Puente, TX
    Current Employee - Cook in Puente, TX

Pros

you get free food and alot of hours

Cons

Horrible management. Co workers arent up to par. And its a very poor run company

Advice to Management

fire everyone in management position and put in people who are capable of the job

RSS Feed </> Embed