Carl's Jr Reviews

Reset

1. Great Coworkers, long hours, hard work

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the experience I received while working here. It was my first job ever and gave me some spending money while in college. Had great coworkers that helped with everything and didn't mind for the most part when you did something wrong. I had never done anything in the kitchen in my life but this job gave me plenty of experience in that aspect.

Cons

This is all based completely on personal experience at just one store, I'm sure that the store I worked at would be considered one of the worst examples, but this is how it was:
    Horrible management, severely understaffed. My first week I worked 37 hours, got called in every day even when I was off because my other coworkers didn't care and wouldn't show up. I went in a lot but after a while I became like them and just ignored my boss' calls to go in. Would work grave yard 12:00am to 6:00am then get called back to work at 11:00am. Management wondered why workers were leaving in droves (6 people left while I worked there in a 3 month span) but they only ever hired 3 people during the same period. As nice as it was to get so many hours during a school break when I didn't have much to do, it became too much working 8 and sometime 9 or 10 hour shifts in the kitchen so I gave my 2 weeks before I returned to school. All in all, mangers didn't care that the place had no workers and had to work extra hard to keep it open (sometimes one cook and only one cashier during lunch rush), all they cared about was that we kept selling food.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to get a stricter general manager that disciplined workers for not showing up to work. Morale was super low too so work on that

2. OK job

Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

made friends
    fun memories
    Good food
    Food is fresh and never expired
    everything is cleaned frequently

Cons

Only 50%,off.meal
    Short meal
    understaffed Meaning i had to work drive thru cashier Dine and sometimes cook!
    8.00 isntenough
    Coworkers were potheads , they would smoke any chance they get. In the freezer,bathroom Etc.
    Rude.managers , expect us to act like waiters
    Rude Customers
    Customers need to.understand we make our food right when you order so understand it wont come right out if You Want your food in under one minute go to.mcdonalds xD quality Is crap At mcdonalds

Advice to Management

Pay more and we are not Waiters . Screw Your $6 dollar service . Heres your food and if you need something you ask us !

3. Great working as a crew member

Current Employee - Crew Member in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers, great environment, amazing owner.

Cons

It is really hot to work in a fast food joint in the summer. Not enough pay to support my family.

Advice to Management

needs to stop yelling at employees in front of customers,

5. Carls jr not so bad working there .

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

The money was good
    The coworkers were awsome

Cons

The hours were bad
    Closing sucked

Advice to Management

Work with your workers schedule !

Can't wait to find d another job and quit I couldn't have found a worst job

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers were very friendly and I've met some great friends here. They worked with my school schedule.

Cons

I work graveyard shift weekends as a cook. We are understaffed and overworked. We have to clean extra things even though we don't have enough people for it. Manager complains to the wrong people and doesn't appreciate our work.

7. Overall poor quality.

Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The food was good, I like the employee discount.

Cons

All levels of management had something weird about them, and that didn't mix well. Corporate was always coming in to chew out the store manager, and shortly after a customer called a higher level corporate representative a foul name, he quit. I was offered a promotion, but unlike my peers I was expected to learn everything properly before the promotion (others were handed responsibility then taught later).

Restaurant I worked at was perpetually understaffed, not helping our performance. We're a fast food restaurant but sometimes wait times would be up to 20 minutes. The closest equivalent to us would be In-N-Out, and they almost always had more than double our staff.

It could just be the one I worked at, but nothing in the restaurant was up to spec, at all. Dirty, long waits, under-staffing, almost zero breaks. I wouldn't know my schedule until around midnight of the night before my first shift.

Advice to Management

Develop realistic expectations, quit being so harsh. You get mad at me for sitting down when prepping vegetables but I was working 14 hours on my day off to cover for two no shows. You want our drive-thru average to be 3:30 but you tell us to promote items that take at least 4:00 to cook. Regional gets angry at Store manager for a leaking beverage bar but doesn't want money to be spent fixing it.

Bittersweet?

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot in the years that I've been with Carl's.. I've been given the skills to handle even the most difficult of people (customers/coworkers alike). This was my first job, and my security blanket I fell back upon when other jobs did not work out. My general manager goes above and beyond for her team, which has become more and more rare in passing years. Without this job, I would never have received the management experience I value today.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Little to no room for advancement (unless you want to take on the responsibility of managing a store, but even general managers are getting stiffed for all the effort they put in with no rewards). Constantly working with a skeleton crew because Corporate doesn't want to spend money to ensure the stores can run a PROPERLY STAFFED SHIFT

Advice to Management

Put more value in your employees. Seriously, the fact that you're more concerned with how much you're spending in labor dollars than the fact that your stores are running into the ground with skeleton crews... it's just sad. I used to love working here... the only reason I'm still here is because of my GM. Corporate management sucks.

9. Not the worst possible job, but close

Former Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in Corona, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally anyone could do this job

Cons

Management sucked, miserable environment, short shifts, and bad hours

Advice to Management

An encouraging, happy environment would save you the trouble of having to hire every month or two. Management was either absent or in a bad mood. Had to ask multiple times for a manager to speak to a customer when need be. Nothing was done about concerns. Contradictory policies.

so many people

Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you get to talk to people every day

Cons

you have to talk to people every day

Advice to Management

don't worry about drive through times so much, oh and pay more

Fun but stressful

Former Employee - Crew Trainer in Live Oak, TX
    Former Employee - Crew Trainer in Live Oak, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet great people,If you're looking to get a lot of hours, Great training if store first opens, Easy to work your way up if you're good at what you do

Cons

Management is poor, After a while standards are forgotten, Survival of the fittest, Many old people or teenagers in high school, Too much stress for little money

RSS Feed </> Embed