Carl's Jr Reviews

Reset

1. Cashier

Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Vista, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 50% discount - Decent number of hours for part-time (25-30 hrs) - Decent training (paid crew meetings 1x/month, shift leaders go through paid 8-week training before officially taking the role) - Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are time in a half

Cons

- Beaucratic atmosphere- opportunities are usually reserved for the 'favorites' of the GM (who usually get him the best times) - Drive-through times are everything. They come before dine-in guests, customer service skills, leadership skills, and pretty much everything else. You master this, and you're set- but at a high cost. - Job is very stressful, especially during lunch/dinner rushes. Not for those who have quick tempers or thin skin. Must be able to hold your tongue when dealing with unforgivably rude customers. - You burn out quick. You can go from Spongebob to Squidward in 6 months. - Unless you promote to shift leader, don't expect to make more than minimum wage - If you're not fluent in Spanish, be prepared to feel incompetent at your job at least 50 percent of the time, as you have to have a Spanish speaker take over your register. - It is against company policy to pay outout-of-pocket in the event that your register is short. So unless you have a GM willing to fudge the reports and let you pay on the sly, you're fired after three times.

Advice to Management

I would suggest making dine-in times just as important as drive-thru times. In fact, lessen the importance of times altogether and place more emphasis on great customer service and leadership skills. I would also suggest offering more incentives to stay with the company, such as benefits, free meals within a ceetain price range, more opportunities for getting a raise, and etc. Also, allowing employees to take responsibility for being short by paying out-of-pocket hurts no one, and lessens turn-turn-over.

2. work too hard for very low pay

Current Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts on food and quickly move up in positions

Cons

Employees always talk behind each others backs

Advice to Management

Pay better

3. Work here if you must !

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Compton, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is pretty easy for cashier or cooks

Cons

If you're a supervisor like I was they overwork you and underpay you like most fast food jobs so work here if it's absolutely necessary otherwise spend your time looking for a real job

Advice to Management

Treat employees better !

Drive Thru Manager

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

Fast paced and you learn a lot.

Cons

What you smell like when you lave.

6. Hated it

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

Pros

I only got one 15 cent raise after working 3 years and a 30 cent to become manager... Not really a pro.

Cons

I worked for Carls Jr for 3 years and there were a lot of illegal Mexicans stealing peoples socials. Managers redoing the pluming so the grease goes down the drains instead of the grease traps so they wouldn't have to pay to get them cleaned out. Horrible Company.

7. Cashier/Crew Member

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are fun and the friendlier they are the more likely they will help you and cover your shift. You get discounts and get to eat/try the new products. Flexible schedule. If you're a good employee, managers and shift leaders will see that and be lenient with you and give you days off when you request them.

Cons

Very fast-paced and demanding. Not all customers are understanding. Working the lunch rush is TERRIBLE. Technically, you are not allowed to accept tips. They tell you to leave the money in your register. But screw that, if a customer leaves m a tip I'm taking it. Thankfully, some managers and shift leaders were ok with this. The better an employee you are the more likely they'll call you in to cover a shift. Make sure you're not a pushover or they'll take advantage.

Advice to Management

Schedule more staff to work during the busiest shifts. I know you have to worry about "labor" and the company/higher-ups get upset about it but it is VERY stressful on ALL the employees. It feels like corporate just cares about making money and not about the concerns of the lesser employees.

8. Cashier

Pros

Customer service, great food, flexible hours

Cons

Not a long term job, hard to move up, little incentives

Great Coworkers, long hours, hard work

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the experience I received while working here. It was my first job ever and gave me some spending money while in college. Had great coworkers that helped with everything and didn't mind for the most part when you did something wrong. I had never done anything in the kitchen in my life but this job gave me plenty of experience in that aspect.

Cons

This is all based completely on personal experience at just one store, I'm sure that the store I worked at would be considered one of the worst examples, but this is how it was: Horrible management, severely understaffed. My first week I worked 37 hours, got called in every day even when I was off because my other coworkers didn't care and wouldn't show up. I went in a lot but after a while I became like them and just ignored my boss' calls to go in. Would work grave yard 12:00am to 6:00am then get called back to work at 11:00am. Management wondered why workers were leaving in droves (6 people left while I worked there in a 3 month span) but they only ever hired 3 people during the same period. As nice as it was to get so many hours during a school break when I didn't have much to do, it became too much working 8 and sometime 9 or 10 hour shifts in the kitchen so I gave my 2 weeks before I returned to school. All in all, mangers didn't care that the place had no workers and had to work extra hard to keep it open (sometimes one cook and only one cashier during lunch rush), all they cared about was that we kept selling food.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to get a stricter general manager that disciplined workers for not showing up to work. Morale was super low too so work on that

10. assistant manager

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time

Pros

Especially at a 24 hour store they are able to accommodate for different life styles. Especially if you are a student this would be a great job to have while you do school at the same time.

Cons

It is very fast paced and it is not for everyone.

No good

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time

Pros

Discounted food for your family

Cons

Low pay mean people poor food

Advice to Management

Pay out more

RSS Feed </> Embed