Carl's Jr Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.7

Andrew Puzder

Pros
  • You get 50% discount on food when you work (in 4 reviews)

• Schedule flexibility, opportunity for pleasant work environment, fast paced, never dull (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • disorganized, gossip, angry customers, low pay (in 7 reviews)

• And one person in drive thru and one to run the front for walk-in customers (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Dead end job

Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I remember from the top of my head, just that it is a paycheck though even if it is min wage

Cons

Long grueling hours for little pay, angry and demanding customers, unreasonable expectations, lots of shift changes, unmotivated coworkers and not very supportive management

The first and worst job I ever had!!!

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Nampa, ID

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You get 50% discount on food when you work!
    -Really good food!
    -A really nice Manager

Cons

-Favoritism
    -Low pay
    -Difficult customers
    -No tips( If you got a $10-25 tip they would tell you they will have to pay you $3.25 because your getting tips! Which I think is bs )
    -Rude co-workers that talk behind your back
    -Often get sent home early on slow nights
    -Promise to raise you wage and they don't!
    -Assistant Managers are really rude!
    -Overwork you like a donkey!

-Respect the employee you take for granted! (Some of us are really hard workers, and other lazies)
    -Talk to the employees when they quit if you can! (Empathy)
    -Tell other employees to stop being rude to one and another!!!
    -DON'T PROMISE YOU'LL RAISE WAGE AND GIVE HIM/HER PROMOTION!!! ( I hate when they don't keep their promise!)
    -SAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU! AND GREET THE CUSTOMERS!!!

upper management SUCKS.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Chino, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Chino, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers are usually fun to work with
    Learn spanish from cooks
    Easy job to land
    once you've been gain the respect of shift leaders, you have ALOT of leeway ;)

Cons

Uppermanagement is terrible. They do NOT care about you AT ALL. I had ONE GM that was awesome. I had three total.
    You're SUPPOSED to get a raise every year. my last year there they decided to throw out a HUGE middle finger to all the loyal employees and say no raises. One girl got fired for not offering an upsize on ONE order. You kidding me?

Stop being so greedy. Notice how chick fil a and innout are so successful? they actually care about the customer and you dont. They are ALOT more generous with both employees and customers.
    Happy Employee = MUCH more sales.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy Job- But Horrible Place To Work

Current Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member  in  Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Pros

A- You get a discount on food
    B- The job is really easy
    C- It was very easy to get hired
    D- The Team Members are nice
    E- The morning shift is the best shift to work (yes it sucks getting up early, but it's a lot slower and easier- all you do is stock cups, fill fry sauce cups, lids, etc. Plus in the morning you don't have to say the script that is required for you to say)

Cons

A- Cooks are really rude, slow, and mess up on orders constantly (which you're the one getting yelled at by the customers for their incompotence)
    B- The Store Manager is nice but the Assistant Managers are really rude
    C- Corporate Managers are really rude and fussy
    D- Corporate Managers come in on a weekly basis (I've never had a job where corporate comes in as much as they do here)
    E- Employees who have been there a long time get away with everything (they constantly pull no shows, walk out during shifts, and are short on their registers- and management does nothing about it)
    F- They don't give you checks, you get a paycard (every two weeks when I get paid and want to transfer the money on my paycard to my bank account it's a hassle every time. I have to call the company every single time- which you get charged for)
    G- Corporate Managers find reasons to yell at you (1- A lady asked me if she could have fry sauce and I said sure, the Corp. Manager then came over to me and yelled at me in front of customers that I'm supposed to say "My Pleasure" she then made me sign a paper verifying that I was told this. 2- One of the guys I worked with asked a customer if they'd like to try the California Burrito and Corp. Manager yelled at him that it's called Burrito California. 3- I could go on and on with examples)
    H- If you're going to order food on your break- get the food first before you clock out. Otherwise you'll spend 15 minutes of your break (no exaggeration) waiting for your food then you'll have to scarf it down.
    I- If you work the morning shift you get your break really early (if you're scheduled 7-2 then you'll get your break at 9- they want you to have your break over with before it gets busy. So you then go through the rest of the day exhausted)
    J- Make sure you keep the slip that prints out when you clock out for your break (I had the Assistant Manager yell at me that I was on break for 45 min. and I said "no I wasn't I've only been out for 25 min. here's my slip")
    K- They still have discontinued items on the menu and then they get mad at you when you sell one of those items to the customer.
    L- You make minimum wage

Treat employees better, get better nicer cooks, and treat everyone equally.

Unfair treatment of the employees.

I worked at Carl's Jr

Pros

They are everywhere and easily found around the corner.

Cons

Work not distributed correctly and should be watched on.

If you have the same title, say pay, same experience as another employee, your work load/type should be the same?

Could be better, Could be worse.

Pros

Pros
    -Decent hours
    -Everyone is very real and friendly

Cons

Cons
    -Once they find out you are a good cook they don't bother teaching anyone else to do it and expect you to work all the time.
    -Harsh, biting management that looks out for themselves
    -Impossible to get a day off even when sick
    -Lacking in professionalism
    -Inconsistent working hours

Try to make schedules more consistent, Let people take time off.
    Train more people to do more jobs instead of relying on only a few people.

Not bad first Job

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr

Pros

Flexible hours around school schedule

Cons

low pay but hey its a job

None

sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

upward mobility and relaxed atmosphere

Cons

boring job long hours horrible pay

give incentives, groom talent better

Trying to grow in a new market quicker than they can handle

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was average and I enjoy working for customers

Cons

They have one trainer responsible for training all incoming managers and she cannot focus and properly train with so many people she is responsible for. The training program is a joke. Cheap on labor and horrible absence of tools (a dish washer, label gun, proper timers to name a few) that could help crew and reduce costs, even labor, in the restaurant. Managers do not have it easy either with their dinosaur computer methods for ordering products and counting inventory. Workers are extremely stressed and unfriendly, what they call "scripting" frusterates a lot of quests but if you don't do it u could be fired. There is a lack of team work because all employees are too busy on their individual stations to accomplish much. They have no set prep person or maintenance and employees are expected to do these tasks along with their regular tasks throughout the day, and god forbid something runs out even if all employees have been extremely busy all day taking care of guests and orders you get reprimanded.

Your in a new market. That's difficult I know. But listen to employees and management for ideas on what would help business move smoother and make them happy. Employees who are happy and not over stressed make customers happy. Invest in items that will help business and employees like a dishwasher especially in stores who's sales are over 30k a week. A label gun will save a lot of labor from employees having to fill out 100+ labels daily by hand. Invest in food storage pans- that saran wrap is difficult when your trying to be fast.

Avoid at ALL costs, no MATTER how desperate

Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier  in  Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time for less than a year

Pros

20%, 50% discount on meals - that is if you used it regularly enough

Cons

**Despite the discount, I DON'T EAT HERE, I bought a shake during a break and it made me sick whenever I took a sip. I even made it myself!
    **There's district/regional/general manager conflicts.
    **I'm sure no one at the restaurant likes their coworkers, and you consistently hear managers cursing the job, on the job.
    **The Carl's Jr I work at is disorganized and consistently lacks supplies.
    I'm overworked and sometimes never get a much needed break. Customers like me and come back for the service but because I'm the only cashier on deck I have to juggle cleaning the ever dirty tables, sweep THEN mop the floors, wipe down windows from the inside AND outside, clear restrooms, replace and take out all the trash to the dumpster and beverage bar which is all expected to be done in less than 15 minutes. And I tend to guests as they come in so I have to constantly restart the "circle of influence" so I can't get things done when I have things pulling me in 3 different directions. Not doable, and not conceivable--especially during lunch rush when the stress is greater.
    One manager threatened to keep me at the restaurant past my time even though the afternoon shift cashier had clocked in to assume my duties.
    **The place is filthy. I ate once at the location I work at (before I worked there) and the tabletops were sticky. As I got employed I learned why: the employees don't change out their sanitation bucket water and will continue using the same dirty water until it's opaque and grey. Remember that these buckets and towels have all the crumbs, grease, soda, and dirt cleaned up from guests' tables in them. Filthy. Disgusting.

**SCRIPTING. Every guest gives me a dirty look whenever I ask them if they want the 1/3 or 1/2 lb patty for the thick burger, or to upsize, because it tacks on $2-$4 to what would've been a more affordable meal, into a over-glorified heart attack. Whoever wrote the scripting has probably never dealt with face-to-face business in the restaurant service industry.

Have a "busboy" job, because a cashier can't be both a cashier and busboy within reasonable means.

Hire better managers.

Don't play "favorites".

Have better hierarchy of management organization.

Get a better POS system that gives more power to cashiers with the guest orders--every time I ask for the manager card because a guest changed their mind about a meal, the manager shoots me a dirty look as if I did something wrong.

Worked for Carl's Jr? Contribute to the Community!