Carl's Jr Reviews

Reset

1. "OK" for people's first job

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people working there
    -The discount (50%)
    -The eating environment. (Better, cleaner than McDonalds imo)
    -steady hours

Cons

-Managers I worked for didn't set good examples for new workers

2. Just a decent paying job in order to get some of those extra bills paid and what not

I worked at Carl's Jr

Pros

Just another typical fast food joint, there was nothing wrong about the place. just long hours on your feet which is fine if you have lots of energy

Cons

Basically just some of the customers who would come in, but other than that it was a decent place to work

3. Worst Expirence!!

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

Discount for food & free drinks

Cons

Co workers & treated with no respect

Advice to Management

Well when I first started working at Carl's I wS super excited since it was my first actual job, but as I started my first day everybody was so rude to me I was getting yelled at left to right making me feel worthless and useless I thought maybe this is only happening because it's my first day but I was wrong it's my second week working there and I hate it more than anything my days just keep getting worst & worst. the manager has her favorites treats others with more respect than myself. I try being nice being friendly with my coworkers but it just comes back to bite me in the butt. I Do the job correct like the way they tell me to do it but then they yell at me saying I'm doing it wrong and send me somewhere else. Shift leaders are always making me do the dirty work ( clean the bathrooms toilets urine sink floor, take out trash, clean the diner, the soda machines) I badically feel like Cinderella! No one should be treated the way I'm being treated working at Carl's so I reccomend not applying at Carl's jr in vineland and Mongolia in California!

5. It was a great experience

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers fellow co workers and the environment.

Cons

It was physical and mental challenging. Especially if I am already mentally and physically challenging.

Advice to Management

Listen and have more compassion

Easy job

Current Employee - Cashier in Moreno Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the job after all is pretty easy, i mean all u really need to do is take peoples orders and smile. and maybe bag there food

Cons

People are mean, even though there are alot of good people that come through there are always the jerks that ruin your day. sometimes we mess up and other times people just want free food

Advice to Management

robots man

Bittersweet?

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot in the years that I've been with Carl's.. I've been given the skills to handle even the most difficult of people (customers/coworkers alike). This was my first job, and my security blanket I fell back upon when other jobs did not work out. My general manager goes above and beyond for her team, which has become more and more rare in passing years. Without this job, I would never have received the management experience I value today.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Little to no room for advancement (unless you want to take on the responsibility of managing a store, but even general managers are getting stiffed for all the effort they put in with no rewards). Constantly working with a skeleton crew because Corporate doesn't want to spend money to ensure the stores can run a PROPERLY STAFFED SHIFT

Advice to Management

Put more value in your employees. Seriously, the fact that you're more concerned with how much you're spending in labor dollars than the fact that your stores are running into the ground with skeleton crews... it's just sad. I used to love working here... the only reason I'm still here is because of my GM. Corporate management sucks.

I can say, without a doubt, that this is one of the worst places I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Tanasbourne, OR
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Tanasbourne, OR

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Unless you like being treated horribly.

Cons

The employees belittle you and are rude. Manager threatens anger over the smallest mistakes that should be expected of a new employee that had been badly trained, what's more is that they didn't realize I was hispanic and could understand spanish (I'm black, so its not easily apparent) so the manager took it upon herself to insult me and belittle the way I was working in spanish to all the other workers. I was told to go out and interact with "guests", as in baby them. As in ask the "guests" if they'd like me to get them napkins or refill their drinks. It kind of disgusted me the way the manager expected me to fill a grown mans drink for him in a FAST FOOD JOINT. Not even I got this treatment when I'd go to Carls jr. Even the customers thought that they were treating me with disrespect. I was called in for on call work at least everyday in the one week I worked there, but when I would work they would just make me deal with filling up the "guests" sodas and cleaning up after them (if they so pleased, which, surprise, usually they don't). I had finally had enough the last day of the week when the manager and her employeers gathered around and chatted in spanish about what the manager and I spoke about in the back room privately. In no way would there be any reason for her to share my privacy with other employees. I got tired of being pushed around and treated like I'm nothing, so I happily quit. All in all, bad people, bad management, bad hours, bad training, and horrible pay.

Advice to Management

Don't assume that no one can understand spanish. Don't use language to insult and gossip about your employees. Be professional. If you can't schedule your workers, at least respect them if you want them to work on call. The "guest" and restaurant "fine dining" experience you want your employees to deliver isn't fooling anyone. You're making employees belittle your "guests" by asking workers to refill their drinks and throw out trash for them, so drop that part off your pointless training regimen. And if you can't do any of those then please do pay your workers above minimum wage, so they can support themselves.

Easy good job.

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

Working here is very easy,I've been working at Carl's Jr for about 4 weeks now and during the time I've been very accepted and all the employees have been very nice. The manager's/shift leaders are very nice and help out a lot,whenever I need any help with anything I just ask and they show me what to do.when your working you get free drinks and also a 50% discount on your food (amazing discount).the shifts are good and busy,sometimes someone can't come In and I pull a double witch is VERY good for me so I can get more hours.

Cons

I work at a loves Carl's Jr witch means I have to deal with truckers,some are nice but others are just as rude as can be. At the register whenever someone wants to change or just wipe there order you need the manager/shift leaders code and password witch is VERY annoying when you deal with people that are just saying the want something and then they want another,just not knowing what to get so I have to call the manager/shift leader about 3-7 times every 30min witch makes me look bad and look like I don't know what I'm doing.

Advice to Management

Take the manager lock from deleting an order!

10. Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Carl's Jr

Pros

There were no good reasons to work there bad experience all in all it was my first job so a east it was an experience.

Cons

Bad experience manager had his favorites, as employees we had to pay for drinks , they would usually leave me alone while it was super busy so many things that's why I quit.

11. Very enjoyable place of employment.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Woodburn, OR
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Woodburn, OR

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and motivating environment. Lots of opportunities for advancement from within. Great management team. The company thrives to have extraordinary customer service, and reward you for providing it. Also the customers very much appreciate the service, and aren't afraid to let you know, which gives you a sense of pride in work. Very team driven, with hardworking crew members and supportive management.

Cons

At this point I don't have any cons. I was given an opportunity that others weren't offering me, even though to be honest at first at 27yrs. of age I was feeling working fast food was not enough of an accomplishment. After I became aware of all the advancement opportunities my whole outlook changed. In a few short months I have been working hard to work my way up, and I am so grateful this company is acknowledging my potential.

Advice to Management

I like when we have store to store or even in store competition. It's a good way to motivate the crew and keep spirits high. Keep up the good work, and I would love to see new incentive based programs implemented.

RSS Feed </> Embed