Carl's Jr Reviews

Reset

1. It's was a great job for a college student

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Panorama City, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Panorama City, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning experience. Learn how to a business works.

Cons

Horrible pay. Doesn't value employees.

2. Experience is good, but stressful

Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first job after graduating from high school and it was an okay job. I really enjoyed working with the rest of the employees, some were very helpful. I was able to get decent hours when business was good, ranging from 30-38 hours.

Cons

I felt as though the store was a little bit unorganized, but maybe that's how most fast food places work. One of my managers were not very helpful and hostile towards me from the very beginning. Management had favorites, which was understandable for the most part. I also really really dislike handling the drive thru and the front line. Sometimes both ends would get busy and I'm the only person for both stations. It was stressful enough to keep my drive-thru line within the time limit but when I started tending customers in the front line, it got even more chaotic. If you're new, it's very rare that you'll get major Holidays off because your pay is much cheaper than someone who's been there for a couple of years.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with your stores. I never saw a person from corporate visit us in all the 7 months that I worked for Carl's Jr.

3. the worst experience ever

Pros

there are no pros to this place

Cons

manager sucked! took more than a month for me to get a paycheck! supervisors only helped you if they liked you. you basically sank or swam. luckily i had a life jacket. food is way over priced.

Advice to Management

pay your employees! stop cutting our hours! Act like an adult!

5. Not a job to have forever.

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is easy to move up in the company, easy to learn the job, discounts.

Cons

Very strict in regulations, once you more up it is not a very big pay raise, only 25 cents. They ask for impossible goals, constant changes. It is okay for a while, but nobody wants to work fast food for their whole life.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about your workers. Carl's Jr doesn't provide any services to it's employees besides free food cards and discounts. One person, front or back, works as many positions, we deserve a little bit more than minimum wage and discounts.

Can't wait to find d another job and quit I couldn't have found a worst job

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers were very friendly and I've met some great friends here. They worked with my school schedule.

Cons

I work graveyard shift weekends as a cook. We are understaffed and overworked. We have to clean extra things even though we don't have enough people for it. Manager complains to the wrong people and doesn't appreciate our work.

7. Overall poor quality.

Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The food was good, I like the employee discount.

Cons

All levels of management had something weird about them, and that didn't mix well. Corporate was always coming in to chew out the store manager, and shortly after a customer called a higher level corporate representative a foul name, he quit. I was offered a promotion, but unlike my peers I was expected to learn everything properly before the promotion (others were handed responsibility then taught later). Restaurant I worked at was perpetually understaffed, not helping our performance. We're a fast food restaurant but sometimes wait times would be up to 20 minutes. The closest equivalent to us would be In-N-Out, and they almost always had more than double our staff. It could just be the one I worked at, but nothing in the restaurant was up to spec, at all. Dirty, long waits, under-staffing, almost zero breaks. I wouldn't know my schedule until around midnight of the night before my first shift.

Advice to Management

Develop realistic expectations, quit being so harsh. You get mad at me for sitting down when prepping vegetables but I was working 14 hours on my day off to cover for two no shows. You want our drive-thru average to be 3:30 but you tell us to promote items that take at least 4:00 to cook. Regional gets angry at Store manager for a leaking beverage bar but doesn't want money to be spent fixing it.

8. Too much time reinventing the wheel

Former Employee - General Manager in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great guests and crew. Excellent HR department. Better job if you work for CKE corporate since benefits are much improved.

Cons

Ownership changed three times in 15 months. Corporate sold most of their stores off to franchises in Texas. With that came dramatic changes in benefits and upper management style. This is actually th second time that CKE has sold the majority of their stores in Texas. New owners are MIH and the majority of GM's either left or were terminated within a few months. Good luck if they are in the process of buying your store.

Advice to Management

Do like some of the better managed brands are doing now. Corporate should build stores in high population density markets with good per capita income. Build those stores to be your ambassadors to grow your brand. Grow at conservative paces that protect the company and it's investors.

9. If this is your first job, do some research on the store you're applying for. Ask for benefits.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Diamond Bar, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Great coworkers + Flexible hours + Long hours + Free burger when store does exceptionally well + Free sodas in water cup

Cons

- Long hours - Minimum wage - No benefits (depends on your store) - No Direct Deposits (depends on your store) - No training by management - Stingy store manager - Unnecessary position switches

Advice to Management

Train your crew members. Don't promote your cooks to a front/drive-thru cashier without them knowing anything about how to their use the cash register.

10. OK

Former Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in La Porte, TX
    Former Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in La Porte, TX

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- friendly people - flexible

Cons

- long hours - minimum wage

Advice to Management

pay more

11. good experience and kind of fun if you want a job that is sort of easy but with lots of busy work

Pros

i liked the environment and the people i worked with.. they made it fun and even though there was busy work it is okay

Cons

dealing with difficult customers. you get so many customers that just want to bs you regarding quality of food to get free food. it is ridic

Advice to Management

be nicer to employees and get a grip on those damn customers who just want free crap

RSS Feed </> Embed