Carle Clinic

Be The First To
Add Photos

R. Bruce Wellman

medical administrative assistant

Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Danville, IL

Prosgood co-workers, good benefits, nice offices

Conswork-life balance is difficult, hard to leave the stress at work

Advice to Senior Managementpositive reinforcement versus cut-downs is more effective and improves morale

Overall decent experience but I wish I hadn't stayed so long.

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Urbana, IL

ProsThe pros are very few in working at Carle Clinic. The non-management people are great. They are some of the best people I have met and I have formed life long friends with several people, both staff and doctors.

ConsThe cons are numerous. The pay is poor and the benefits aren't that great. I pay less for the same health insurance plan at a new job that isn't in healthcare! Carle's slogan is advanced medicine close to home. Well, they aren't know for advanced paychecks. The atmosphere is toxic. There is a lot of gossip and back-biting. The management plays favorites, I saw this in many departments from several managers. They don't value hard work and honest people. I saw someone get fired for reporting a potential life-threatening error made by a nurse. Employees who were hard workers were punished. I saw someone get written up for coming into work early who wasn't even on the clock but arrived 15 mins before her shift started. They need more employees. The patient load is crazy and the staff can't keep up. They value the bottom line, plan and simple. Carle isn't in the business of truly caring and helping people. It's all about the money. I've seen doctors fired and they are treated just like the employees. They don't have a say in what happens in their practices. Employees are just a number at Carle.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would behoove management to start treating all employees equally and to compensate them better. They need to start valuing long term employees. Employee turn over is a huge problem at Carle.

Challenging

Insurance Invoice Collector (Former Employee)
    Urbana, IL

ProsVery challenging and very interesting work

ConsNot always a friendly computer system

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Carle was overall satisfactory.

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee)

ProsVery good benefits package
    Flexible hours

ConsNo job security at Carle.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regard for employees who have been loyal to Carle Clinic for many, many years (17+).

All depends who you work under.

Software Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Urbana, IL

ProsIt is hard to get fired, unless you do something very stupid.

ConsPoor performers are rewarded the same as the heavy hitters. Everyone suffers from the few that abuse.

Employment worth investing your life in.

Currently IT (Current Employee)
    Urbana, IL

ProsI have many yesrs of experience of working between Carle Hospital and Carle Clinic. One reason that stands above the rest for working at Carle is feeling that my input is valued and encouraged. They seek suggestions for improvement of all processes from all staff. They encourage involvement of staff for decisions ranging from how we want our department remodeled while the plans are being drawn up to decisions on how FTE's may be best utilized in our opinions. I have seen the evidence of their taking into cosideration our suggestions. This makes me feel like a valued employee!

ConsWe have weathered some tough years together between the implementation of DRGs in 1983, the MOD project in the early 90's and the financial crunch of these times. It is difficult to be negative when considering the long haul.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage and listen to the input of your employees and they will appreciate the value you place in them.

Worked for Carle Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carle Clinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carle Clinic CEO R. Bruce Wellman. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Carle Clinic employees.