Carlisle Companies

Carlisle Companies Chairman, President, and CEO David A. Roberts

David A. Roberts

Strong Promotional and Development Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kent, WA

ProsThe management team values results-oriented, sharp employees who are willing to learn, grow, and develop within the organization for the mutual success of the organization and the employee. I was promoted twice within the first three years working for the company and have loved the challenge that Carlisle has provided.

ConsI have been extremely satisfied with the opportunities at Carlisle. The management team really cares about their employees, so I have nothing negative to write about Carlisle.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job! You handled a recent stressful situation that divided the company like absolute professionals! I look forward to getting back to business.

Young managerial staff distrustful of new ideas.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsCompany is willing to compensate for aerospace, but low for overall Seattle area.

ConsIssues with Payroll- may not always get your check on time. Management is still green when it comes to personnel development and understanding. Some departments within this company are valued higher than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to invest in top rate facilities, it will help you win more business. Also, LISTEN to what your employees and team are telling you. Be willing to question executive decisions that don't appear to improve company performance with rationale arguments.

Great Opportunities depending on the manager

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Augustine, FL

ProsThere is much opportunity to travel and move to other positions, especially if you are willing to move.

ConsThere are a few micromanagers out there and some are quite smothering.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek the diamonds in the rough; often they are held back. Your next best asset may be twiddling thumbs, feeling unchallenged and undervalued and underwhelmed with the current workload. Ensure employees are able to communicate long-term goals so good talent does not go to waist or or to another company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They discriminate against disabled people, distasteful work culture

Electrical Designer (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsThey will pay you a halfway decent wage

ConsUnpleasant work environment, they would actually email pictures of feces, tampons in the toilet, etc. To all staff in an attempt to put a stop to the
     behavior exhibited by some of their employees who were somewhat new to this country. They also let me go due to my being disabled. This company sucks, although it would do for someone who needed the money and didn't care

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to who is actually producing results, involve your dept supervisors more in your personnel desicions

excellent company to work for

Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgreat benefits, wonderful with tutition assistance and reimbursement

Conslong hours depending on the position

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the voice of your employees

A company that cares for their employees growth and well being.

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe company spend time and money on training their employees including management. Their policies and procedures are excellent and easy to be follow.

ConsIn the management team they do have some turn around, which makes the management they do have to move around store to store, including areas far from home, but with the future of a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they do a great job.

Bad leadership and communication, discrimination against women

ProsCertain jobs pay well, good "starter" job.

Cons60 hour weeks, lack of direction or help from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your friends, get rid of bad and ineffective managers, diversify

Challenging and rewarding work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tukwila, WA

ProsEvery day is different at Carlisle Interconnect. We service a wide variety of customers and each day presents new challenges. Great rapport and interaction amongst team members.

ConsWork is never boring, but quick turn projects and assignments can lead to stressful periods and weekend work. This is probably not that unique in most current work environments. We are in hiring mode now, but many people are working long hours in the interim until open positions are filled.

Advice to Senior ManagementFill the open positions!

No grasp of true manufacturing variation in management.

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Batavia, IL

ProsInteresting work and comfortable working environment.

ConsNo idea of time needed for project completion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep dedicated employees with proven track record.

Great place to work

Commodity Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities, good people to work with, fair benefits.

ConsMedical benefits needs to be improved

Worked for Carlisle Companies? Contribute to the Community!