Carlisle & Gallagher

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Gallagher

Consultant/Analyst working with one of the largest financial institutions analyzing data for accuracy and compliance.

Consultant (Former Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsThis was my first position after graduating college and I learned a lot about being a team player and speaking in front of large groups.

ConsThe position was for a project that only lasted one and one-half years. I would have liked to have been able to find a permanent position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company was a good one to start straight out of college and the training was good and Management did take suggestions and make changes.

Basically a Temp Agency full of Cliques

Specialist (Former Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsIt is a very laid back atmosphere for the most part. Everyone is real nice and friendly.

ConsWhere do I start. The pay is set there is No raises not even for the so called team leads. There are No benefits if you are off on a holiday you will have to stay late to make up time. This is just like a Temp agency just with cliques.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate your team leads and yourself pay needs to be based on Experience not on Title. Stop having Cliques and teachers pets, there are specialist that have been with CG for years and have nothing to show for.Stop recognizing the same people everyone does there part not just certain people or Teams.

CG has the most expertise in the FI Consulting Space

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSurrounded by the brightest people in the industry; executive leadership is unpretentious and engaged

Consnone - I love it

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on diversity

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people to work with.

ConsVery limited opportunities for advancement.

Just A Glorified Staffing Agency

Consultant (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsDependent upon the project, a laid-back atmosphere
    Some good co-workers

ConsIncompetent management and senior management
    Some extreme micro-management
    The benefits are horrible. No paid time off (meaning no vacation, sick time, paid holidays, etc.)
    Absolutely no promotions. Since I have been working here, I may know of a handful of people who actually got "promoted". It's usually either a layoff or if you are lucky a different project, which usually comes with a pay cut.
    Company is a "haunted house". As contracts come close to an end you just see constant meetings and doors closing and no one is talking about the elephant in the room. Management has to be asked constantly for updates regarding contract status.
    Compensation is very low
    Expect to do a lot of training on your own

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open with your employees about contracts, extensions, etc. and proactive in relaying this information.
    Lay out a specific plan for employees so they know how they can advance within the company. A lot of talented, smart people have left.
    Work on the benefits. Employees come in sick, miss events, etc. simply because they can't afford to take time off. This is just unacceptable.
    Work on who is in "management" or "team lead" positions. More often than not much more qualified people are working for these people.
    Do more for your employees to show your appreciation.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey care about you as an individual . Growing strategically which will open up a lot of opportunities for employees.

ConsSmall company that has a lot of work ahead to keep pace with their growth. Sometimes this can come at a cost to employees, especially support staff.
    Sometimes it feels cliquish.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport staff are just important to the business as are consultants.

Dependent on the Individual Project

Consultant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou can learn a great deal in a short time about cutting edge financial services technology, depending on which project you are staffed on. The work life balance is good, you bill 40 hours a week to the client and some projects offer opportunities for overtime.

ConsThe company doesn't carry bench, so you always have to be staffed on a project. Consultants have to find their own project, but the client leads don't like to be pestered with people looking for jobs, which can be frustrating. The high growth phase is coming to an end, so promotions come much slower than they used to. CG is still highly levered to Bank of America, so concentration risk is real. The bottom line is that it is still a primarily staff augmentation source for a couple big banks and that true consulting projects are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training and skills development for consultants, so when projects end they are easy to place and layoffs won't happen. Seek out more true consulting projects and get away from staff augmentation. Diversify away from Bank of America, since that company may not ever get its act together.

A plethora of tools to build your professional future.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCG allows its employees to really drive the engagements in any direction. Each engagement gives the employee the opportunity to leverage their skill set and expertise to meet the client's requests. The team is always comprised of great leaders in their area of knowledge and the wealth of knowledge can be shared freely through any medium of communication!

ConsOrganizational and methodical deployment of employees to client engagements. High turnover due to lack of organizational communication from upper management to delivery managers of potential client engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage your employees! Open lines of communication really allows the employee to grow in respecting an organization while also giving transparency.

Great place to start and grow

Specialist (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsComing straight out of college, this is a great paying job, and leadership team makes an effort to take interest in your career path and help you get there. From there on out, it's up to you if you are willing to put in the extra time and effort to get there. Culture is great. Very relaxed and fun. Managers are also open to suggestions in improving projects, and giving you the ability to lead it. The company continues to grow, so if you put in the time, you can advance.

ConsPeople can take advantage of the culture sometimes being too relaxed. Time that can be put into work is instead put into joking around, taking longer than hour lunches, and even just using your computer for personal browsing. Who knows how much productivity and money the company has lost because of that. Job can sometimes be a bit monotone, given you are on a computer all day. Pay is hourly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the culture, but sometimes you gotta get on your employees if they are messing around too much. That's a lot of money you guys are losing. I only say this, because I want to see the company succeed.

From the moment I began, I have had an incredible experience at CG.

Marketing (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe people are incredibly supportive and have given me many opportunities to learn and excel at this company. I look forward to much more time learning and growing with this company.

ConsCan't think of any off the top of my head

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide opportunities for internal employees

Worked for Carlisle & Gallagher? Contribute to the Community!