Carlson Advisors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsInstant Client contact
    Work closely with partners
    Reasonable work life balance
    Access to complex assignments over broad range of industries
    Gain Audit, Tax, and Consulting Exposure

ConsOld School management style
    Promotions and Pay mainly determined by years of service as apposed to merit
    Same traditional accounting firm organizational set up

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in future by retaining best performers and continue to broaden industry specialties

Be as clear possible about expectations of staff and opportunities to advance.

Worst experience of my life

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Brooklyn Park, MN

ProsSalary was above average; some employees were great to work with.

ConsTreated with utmost disrespect by one individual. Attempted to transfer/leave twice but was talked out of it only to be fired later without warning. Other admins refused to work in this position and were reduced to tears previously in the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementRein in your high level executives; make sure there is not a hostile work environment. Try not to make your admins cry.

I love coming to work, weird huh?

ProsThey have a very supportive work environment. My starting salary was great, I was made to feel welcome and I can finish school while working here. They are open to answering questions that I might have and provide a professional environment with great hours and a nice benefit package.

ConsI don't like how expensive the insurance is. With or without my family being added, spending almost half of a paycheck on health insurance is crazy. I also would like to point out that there is a little tension in the office due to one person not playing as a team player, but this wasn't directed at me.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some add words to the website for ALL the services Carlson Advisers provides, the companies website didn't even come up as a blip on the radar when I typed in searches for some of the accounting services offered by this company.

Worked for Carlson Advisors? Contribute to the Community!