Carlson Craft

Carlson Craft Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barbara Kaus

Fairly decent college student job.

Typist (Former Employee) North Mankato, MN

ProsSeveral college student employees make for a more interesting environment. Flexible with class schedule.

ConsLow hourly rate and fluctuating hours. It would be dreadfully boring if not for the other similar age employees.

Great benefits - pay depends on your position.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mankato, MN

ProsThe benefits and the people are some of the best reasons to work here. Overall, it's a great company to work for and I would recommend this employer.

ConsThe pay isn't anything wonderful but it's reasonable for the area. It also depends what your position is

A great, caring company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Mankato, MN

ProsFriendly staff, great management. Constant opportunities for performance reviews.

ConsFairly performance driven based on average statistics. This isn't always the most efficient form of performance measurements

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company on a Downward Slope

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Mankato, MN

ProsLocal company that works hard to make ends meet. They do what they can to keep the company afloat and maintain employment.

ConsIt's a printing company that had growth based on the baby boomer generation getting married and needing their products. New technology and the recent recession is killing them. Think Dunder Mifflin.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost people who work there have no education and work on a phone for an entire career. Those who work in management try hard, but it doesn't appear that they will move too far within their careers.

A frustrating place to work

Customer Service (Former Employee) Mankato, MN

ProsCarlson Craft is a good place to work if you are just looking to show up, do what your told, and go home. Reasonable starting pay. You receive a a great discount on the products.

ConsIf you like to think, be challenged and work where your abilities, skills and ideas are valued and your opinion matters, than this is not the place for you. A mix of students receiving higher education and "townies" who have worked there for many years makes for a strange combination. Although your starting pay is reasonable for the work that you do, raises, growth and advancement within the company are almost non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant change is not necessarily a good thing. Develop better evaluation methods, offer more feedback, and hire educated people for supervisory positions.

If your starting at the bottom, make sure you have a very strict budget in place for a long time.

Group Leader (Current Employee) North Mankato, MN

ProsIts very easy to get a job, if you need a job quickly also they had good benefits.

ConsI guess I was considered an assistant manager, they called it a "group leader", but the pay was not enough to live even a modest lifestyle... $9/hour @ 40 hours a week, you do the math... house payment, car payment, insurance.. not alot left over.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell the company has been around a long time, I'm assuming they make money so there system must work, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Fine for pt work during college

Typist (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours for class schedule, health benefits (though expensive)

ConsPoor pay, micro-management issues at times

Worked for Carlson Craft? Contribute to the Community!