Carlyle & Co.

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John K. Cohen

Being an employee of Carlyle & Co. is great.

Technology Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible Schedule, Friendly coworkers and management.

ConsTravel time, standing for long periods of time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Scam agency

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee)

ProsThey might pay you if you work for them. But then again they break the contract they themselves draft so it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

ConsThe woman who owns runs this agency does not have any honor. She booked me for a promotion for Ocean City Dew Tour.

I was working an event when the event when the event manager for Calyle & Co's Dew tour repeatedly tried contacting another brand ambassador in order to get in touch with me. The event manager had my contact information for 2 weeks prior. There is no reason she should be bothering anyone else on my behalf. Prior to that day the event manager had made no previous efforts to contact me. The event manager asked me my shirt size (after I had purchased a polo as per the owner of the company's directions) I informed her that I was a small, and that I would try to call her after work.

That evening the event manager sent me a text message to say my services were no longer needed and to call her with questions, but she would not return phone calls. The owner of the company also would not return my e-mail, or my phone call. They posted the job I was contracted for on a social media site for brand ambassadors and promotional models even though they had broken my contract with no explanation and refused to comment.

This is not the first cancellation Carlyle & Co. has made in my short time I have interacted with them. Carlyle & Co. hired me as a backup for a June 23rd event at the Verizon Center in Washington DC and cancelled shortly after I confirmed. Being a person with high honor I made sure to remain available for my next booking with Carlyle & Co. I turned down nearly $900 to work the PGA Tour so I could be true to my word and fulfill my contract with Carlyle & Co for only $240. I did this because once you sign a contract you should feel an obligation to complete it.

It seems that Carlyle & Co. does not feel any obligation to fulfill the contracts that they themselves draft. In instances where an agency has a promotion cancelled through the client's decision it is customary to pay the staff a small cancellation fee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not take other people's livelihoods for granted.

Worked for Carlyle & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carlyle & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carlyle & Co. CEO John K. Cohen. All reviews posted anonymously by Carlyle & Co. employees.