Carma Productions

Updated November 10, 2014
3.8

Carma Productions Chief Executive Officer & Publisher Marci A. Alt
Marci A. Alt

A company that truly cares

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've watched this company grow over the last several years and it's been amazing. As the company gets more successful, they pass that on to the employees. Pay raises, bonuses, and just general appreciation...it all comes back down the pipeline. It's a casual atmosphere where they encourage you to be yourself. If you work hard, they are great to you! It's also nice to see not only our department managers involved, but senior management is in the room every day....not managing...just saying hello. I've never worked for a company where the owners know all of the call center agents' names.

Cons

Sometimes, the call center can be a little noisy. It's when we're not performing like we should and management is working to pump us up. But there are still people on the phones, so that can be a little difficult at time as it comes across on the other end as unprofessional. Better equipment in the room would be nice too.

Keep doing a great job. Just be careful as we grow in 2015 not to let the culture you've created slip away. This is a fun place to work and most people love it. Just please make sure it stays that way as we add more people.

Nov 12, 2014Chief Operating Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your comments into consideration as we continue to grow as well as look for a solution to the noise concerns in the department. Thank you for being a ... More

Racist Factory

I worked at Carma Productions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Long as you work for this Owner you will never excel.All they do is treat you like a child and scold you with NO RESPECT or DIGNITY

Cons

The Owner Is the rudest loud mouth woman I've ever met in my life!!!!!

Sit her BUTT down somewhere and stop Treating your telemarketers like Dirt...I just spoke to someone last week about The OWNER being a racist and they are suing her..Go for it!!! Because she deserves everything she gets!!

Nov 8, 2014Chief Operating Officer & Partner

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our organization. We take great pride in employing an extremely diverse staff, from entry level positions to our lead management team. In ... More

Extremely tense environment; d r a m a.

Former Employee - Contract Worker in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Contract Worker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carma Productions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The "foundation" upon which the business sits, is a good i d e a .

Cons

There is a rule where anything said, goes, so to speak. Cursing, saying whatever is on your mind ..<-- these, allowances, although with good intentions, makes the work place a hostile place. Horrible feeling walking in Monday mornings!

It is important to value every worker you have - rather contractual or permanent, and to treat them with genuine respect. Also, to have individuals in areas that actually qualify for the job, would be most beneficial.

Nov 3, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

It is always important to us to receive feedback from former associates, so we can make our organization better. We work diligently to foster a positive workplace environment filled with positivity ... More

Awesome! It's a great place to grow

I have been working at Carma Productions

Pros

Family environment, promotions from within and great bonuses

Cons

better equipment, better leads,

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please feel free to let your department head or Human Resources know what type of upgraded equipment you are interested in and we'll be happy to look into it!

Great and fun place to work. Love meeting new people everyday.

Current Employee - Advertising Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The money you are capable of making is great. I love meeting new people everyday. The staff is wonderful and fun to be around. We are one big family.

Cons

Some Appts that are made for us are not easy to sale because it may be a new business and they have no money to spend. Or not enough appts in one day.

Always show appreciation

Great concept, good energy, looking forward to progressive execution of the vision

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time

Pros

Great laid back atmosphere, you can be open and frank about things you wouldn't normally speak about in a corporate America setting. The mission helps the community and advertisers are targeting loyal customers.

Cons

sometimes there is not the receptiveness to needs of employees or when opinions are voiced, its thrown back to the employee rather than a strategy for team work.

Provide the support necessary to succeed for employees rather than back and forth between spoken support and tongue lashing. As a team effort we thrive when voices are heard and employees do not feel disposable. Benefits would be much appreciated to create more loyalty and incentive due to the stability of knowing you're taken care of in an emergency.

Love the people, dislike the work and process

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff are incredibly funny and supportive and will bend over backwards for you if you ever need assistance or help. They will never stop encouraging you to learn new things to better yourself and your position within the company, and the work related trips/events are always more on the fun side of things.

Cons

This feels like one of the loneliest jobs in the world, especially as a satellite rep. I spend half of my life in my car, behind the wheel, driving from business to business, and it can get really old really fast. Also, it's hard to stay positive within this job, because appointments can be hard and/or a letdown. Sometimes you drive miles and miles to see someone and they don't show up. Or they reject the advertising and you feel like you've wasted your time then blame yourself for not doing something right. The money is good, but only if you sell a lot, and if you don't, you panic, stress, and let it affect the rest of your life.

Try to even the playing field a little bit. Some people make tons, the others not so much. It can be very disheartening, and whether or not it has to do with calling from appts, executing a sale correctly, or just plain bad luck, some people need help just a little more, and a little extra morale and support.

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, our goal is to support our team members in the best way possible. The last thing we want anyone feeling is that they're alone. Obviously, the nature of ... More

A great growing company that lets you grow with it if you are willing to work for it.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started working in the sales department and to be honest I was terrible at it. I was not a natural salesperson, but they trained me hands-on until I became good at sales. As time moved on I told them I wanted to do something different. As we grew, there became a need for an part time marketing position in Social Marketing and I was promoted. Then about a year later, a full time marketing position opened up and I was promoted again.
    They are really open to trying new ideas and if it doesn't go well, they are supportive of it being a learning curve.

Cons

As a smaller company it can sometimes take longer to get certain things such as peripheral equipment but they keep a wish list for each department for when it can be fit into the budget.

Work on providing more than a healthcare stipend for employees.

Apr 24, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

As always, we appreciate the feedback of our team members. We are currently working on a benefit solution that would allow us to offer more than a healthcare stipend for employees. The obstacle we ... More

So Fun!

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, no BS, lots of support and positive feedback as to how to get better.

Cons

No cons to report, this company is great!

A growing company that focused on advancing equality.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time

Pros

Our products promote the advancement of equality.
    Our executives promote the advancement of their employees.

Cons

The only challenges I really see are a few normal growing pains. I'd say those are about the best challenges to have in a company you work for.

As we grow, the benefits offered will need to be considered. Adding things like pre-tax healthcare savings, 401k with company match, etc. will all be welcome additions.

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently looking in to additional benefits to offer our staff and would welcome more specific suggestions. We will be reaching out to all employees to see what ... More