Carma Productions

Carma Productions Reviews

4.0

Carma Productions Chief Executive Officer & Publisher Marci A. Alt
Marci A. Alt

Awesome! It's a great place to grow

I have been working at Carma Productions

Pros

Family environment, promotions from within and great bonuses

Cons

better equipment, better leads,

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please feel free to let your department head or Human Resources know what type of upgraded equipment you are interested in and we'll be happy to look into it!

Love the people, dislike the work and process

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff are incredibly funny and supportive and will bend over backwards for you if you ever need assistance or help. They will never stop encouraging you to learn new things to better yourself and your position within the company, and the work related trips/events are always more on the fun side of things.

Cons

This feels like one of the loneliest jobs in the world, especially as a satellite rep. I spend half of my life in my car, behind the wheel, driving from business to business, and it can get really old really fast. Also, it's hard to stay positive within this job, because appointments can be hard and/or a letdown. Sometimes you drive miles and miles to see someone and they don't show up. Or they reject the advertising and you feel like you've wasted your time then blame yourself for not doing something right. The money is good, but only if you sell a lot, and if you don't, you panic, stress, and let it affect the rest of your life.

Try to even the playing field a little bit. Some people make tons, the others not so much. It can be very disheartening, and whether or not it has to do with calling from appts, executing a sale correctly, or just plain bad luck, some people need help just a little more, and a little extra morale and support.

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, our goal is to support our team members in the best way possible. The last thing we want anyone feeling is that they're alone. Obviously, the nature of ... More

Great and fun place to work. Love meeting new people everyday.

Current Employee - Advertising Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money you are capable of making is great. I love meeting new people everyday. The staff is wonderful and fun to be around. We are one big family.

Cons

Some Appts that are made for us are not easy to sale because it may be a new business and they have no money to spend. Or not enough appts in one day.

Always show appreciation

So Fun!

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for, no BS, lots of support and positive feedback as to how to get better.

Cons

No cons to report, this company is great!

A growing company that focused on advancing equality.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time

Pros

Our products promote the advancement of equality.
    Our executives promote the advancement of their employees.

Cons

The only challenges I really see are a few normal growing pains. I'd say those are about the best challenges to have in a company you work for.

As we grow, the benefits offered will need to be considered. Adding things like pre-tax healthcare savings, 401k with company match, etc. will all be welcome additions.

Apr 30, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently looking in to additional benefits to offer our staff and would welcome more specific suggestions. We will be reaching out to all employees to see what ... More

Excited about the future!

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time

Pros

Ive been with Carma for a while and have met some really great people. They do a lot of events in the community, which before I started working here, I was very little involved in. Its great meeting new people, from customers, to sales reps to call center employees. Everyday is a surprise because you just never know what your walking into when you walk through the front door. Its a fun company to work for. Its like a little family at times because we get on each others nerves at times, but we laugh about it shortly after. Everyone here works well together for the most part. Another pro is that we are moving into a bigger office space!

Cons

Sometimes emotions can run high. Especially in the call center. I think once we get a bigger office, things will get better because we won't be so clustered. The only other con, is sometimes not being praised for a job well done. Its easy for management to point out a mistake you make, but you don't get praised nearly as much for a job well done. Sometimes just hearing the appreciation makes an employee feel great about their job.

Keep hiring awesome reps! Also, take time out to meet with your staff more than you do. I feel having regular meetings could resolve a lot of issues and make the day to day operation go a lot smoother. Meetings that are meant to improve the work flow with new ideas would be great!

Apr 24, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear our team members are as excited about the future as we are! Regular staff meetings are on the agenda once the corporate office relocates next month ... More

A great growing company that lets you grow with it if you are willing to work for it.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working in the sales department and to be honest I was terrible at it. I was not a natural salesperson, but they trained me hands-on until I became good at sales. As time moved on I told them I wanted to do something different. As we grew, there became a need for an part time marketing position in Social Marketing and I was promoted. Then about a year later, a full time marketing position opened up and I was promoted again.
    They are really open to trying new ideas and if it doesn't go well, they are supportive of it being a learning curve.

Cons

As a smaller company it can sometimes take longer to get certain things such as peripheral equipment but they keep a wish list for each department for when it can be fit into the budget.

Work on providing more than a healthcare stipend for employees.

Apr 24, 2014Chief Financial Officer & Partner

As always, we appreciate the feedback of our team members. We are currently working on a benefit solution that would allow us to offer more than a healthcare stipend for employees. The obstacle we ... More

Great concept, good energy, looking forward to progressive execution of the vision

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time

Pros

Great laid back atmosphere, you can be open and frank about things you wouldn't normally speak about in a corporate America setting. The mission helps the community and advertisers are targeting loyal customers.

Cons

sometimes there is not the receptiveness to needs of employees or when opinions are voiced, its thrown back to the employee rather than a strategy for team work.

Provide the support necessary to succeed for employees rather than back and forth between spoken support and tongue lashing. As a team effort we thrive when voices are heard and employees do not feel disposable. Benefits would be much appreciated to create more loyalty and incentive due to the stability of knowing you're taken care of in an emergency.

I am working at MY DREAM JOB!

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being an Account Executive at Carma Productions is my dream job! Everything that the managers tell you during your interview is true to form. There is a huge opportunity to make money if you are a self-starter and motivated. I have done outside sales prior to Carma Productions, but having your heads practically handed to you is AMAZING! The team here is a complete family!

Cons

The ONLY con at Carma is that we are running out of physical space. We are on top of each other, but are moving to a HUGE office at the end of May... so it will be fixed soon.

Keep doing what you are doing. The CEO has been in business for 25 years and that's because her business plan works.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that the organization is doing something good for the gay community. For the most part, there is a great work - life balance and the senior management really takes good care of the staff. Don't get me wrong...they expect a lot...but they give a lot back in return. I've never worked for a company that brings in breakfast and snacks for the team. Also, my bonus has consistently doubled over the last couple of years. It's nice to see a growing company that gives back to the people that help it grow and aren't just greedy. Also, since we've been growing there have been several opportunities for advancement. I love that they always post open positions to current staff first before looking outside of the company. They also truly believe in the products they produce, so that's cool.

Cons

Sometimes emotions run high. Especially with the rate of growth the company is experiencing, there is a lot of pressure to perform constantly...but honestly, what job doesn't have that? When performance is low, senior management can get frustrated with middle management who then get frustrated with employees. But frankly, if everyone was performing, there would be no frustration...so while it's a con for me, I understand where the higher ups are coming from.

Call center managers need to have more energy and lighten up a little bit. They're awesome people and I love working for them, but when they get flack from senior management, they take it out on us. I'm not saying make it like a dance party in the department, but just be more uplifting...like when Marci jumps in the room....we get work done and she's a hoot!!