Carma Productions

Carma Productions Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Carma Productions Chief Executive Officer & Publisher Marci A. Alt

Marci A. Alt

Awesome! It's a great place to grow

ProsFamily environment, promotions from within and great bonuses

Consbetter equipment, better leads,

Flag Review
    Carma Productions Chief Financial Officer & Partner responded to this review Apr 30, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you so much for your feedback! Please feel free to let your department head or Human Resources know what type of upgraded equipment you are interested in and we'll be happy to look into it!

A great growing company that lets you grow with it if you are willing to work for it.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI started working in the sales department and to be honest I was terrible at it. I was not a natural salesperson, but they trained me hands-on until I became good at sales. As time moved on I told them I wanted to do something different. As we grew, there became a need for an part time marketing position in Social Marketing and I was promoted. Then about a year later, a full time marketing position opened up and I was promoted again.
    They are really open to trying new ideas and if it doesn't go well, they are supportive of it being a learning curve.

ConsAs a smaller company it can sometimes take longer to get certain things such as peripheral equipment but they keep a wish list for each department for when it can be fit into the budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on providing more than a healthcare stipend for employees.

Flag Review
    Carma Productions Chief Financial Officer & Partner responded to this review Apr 24, 2014 EditDelete
    As always, we appreciate the feedback of our team members. We are currently working on a benefit solution that would allow us to offer more than a healthcare stipend for employees. The obstacle we ... More

So Fun!

Advertising Consultant (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat company to work for, no BS, lots of support and positive feedback as to how to get better.

ConsNo cons to report, this company is great!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A growing company that focused on advancing equality.

Atlanta, GA

ProsOur products promote the advancement of equality.
    Our executives promote the advancement of their employees.

ConsThe only challenges I really see are a few normal growing pains. I'd say those are about the best challenges to have in a company you work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we grow, the benefits offered will need to be considered. Adding things like pre-tax healthcare savings, 401k with company match, etc. will all be welcome additions.

Flag Review
    Thank you for your feedback! We are currently looking in to additional benefits to offer our staff and would welcome more specific suggestions. We will be reaching out to all employees to see what ... More

Great and fun place to work. Love meeting new people everyday.

Advertising Representative (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe money you are capable of making is great. I love meeting new people everyday. The staff is wonderful and fun to be around. We are one big family.

ConsSome Appts that are made for us are not easy to sale because it may be a new business and they have no money to spend. Or not enough appts in one day.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways show appreciation

Great concept, good energy, looking forward to progressive execution of the vision

ProsGreat laid back atmosphere, you can be open and frank about things you wouldn't normally speak about in a corporate America setting. The mission helps the community and advertisers are targeting loyal customers.

Conssometimes there is not the receptiveness to needs of employees or when opinions are voiced, its thrown back to the employee rather than a strategy for team work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the support necessary to succeed for employees rather than back and forth between spoken support and tongue lashing. As a team effort we thrive when voices are heard and employees do not feel disposable. Benefits would be much appreciated to create more loyalty and incentive due to the stability of knowing you're taken care of in an emergency.

Love the people, dislike the work and process

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff are incredibly funny and supportive and will bend over backwards for you if you ever need assistance or help. They will never stop encouraging you to learn new things to better yourself and your position within the company, and the work related trips/events are always more on the fun side of things.

ConsThis feels like one of the loneliest jobs in the world, especially as a satellite rep. I spend half of my life in my car, behind the wheel, driving from business to business, and it can get really old really fast. Also, it's hard to stay positive within this job, because appointments can be hard and/or a letdown. Sometimes you drive miles and miles to see someone and they don't show up. Or they reject the advertising and you feel like you've wasted your time then blame yourself for not doing something right. The money is good, but only if you sell a lot, and if you don't, you panic, stress, and let it affect the rest of your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to even the playing field a little bit. Some people make tons, the others not so much. It can be very disheartening, and whether or not it has to do with calling from appts, executing a sale correctly, or just plain bad luck, some people need help just a little more, and a little extra morale and support.

Flag Review
    Thank you for your feedback. As you know, our goal is to support our team members in the best way possible. The last thing we want anyone feeling is that they're alone. Obviously, the nature of ... More

Fantastic Sales Training

Advertising Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThese people really know what they're talking about. Some of their ideas may seem "out of the box", but they work! They fly you out to Atlanta so you get to meet everyone on the corporate staff during your training...you're there for a week. They are in constant communication and even though the sales team is spread throughout the country, it truly does feel like a team!! I make great money doing something I love...what could be better?

ConsPressure is high if you're not selling. The sales manager and Marci will definitely push you...usually in a good way, but can come across as a little strong at times. Corporate staff can be a little short sometimes in emails...like when you mess something up on your paperwork...but that's gotten better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the increased marketing that started last year....it's fantastic! I love the new and different things we've been trying! Keep being the people you are. Even when things get stressful, what keeps me going is knowing the senior management runs the business with heart and the good of our community in mind...not just money. Don't ever lose that.

Excited about the future!

(Current Employee)

ProsIve been with Carma for a while and have met some really great people. They do a lot of events in the community, which before I started working here, I was very little involved in. Its great meeting new people, from customers, to sales reps to call center employees. Everyday is a surprise because you just never know what your walking into when you walk through the front door. Its a fun company to work for. Its like a little family at times because we get on each others nerves at times, but we laugh about it shortly after. Everyone here works well together for the most part. Another pro is that we are moving into a bigger office space!

ConsSometimes emotions can run high. Especially in the call center. I think once we get a bigger office, things will get better because we won't be so clustered. The only other con, is sometimes not being praised for a job well done. Its easy for management to point out a mistake you make, but you don't get praised nearly as much for a job well done. Sometimes just hearing the appreciation makes an employee feel great about their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring awesome reps! Also, take time out to meet with your staff more than you do. I feel having regular meetings could resolve a lot of issues and make the day to day operation go a lot smoother. Meetings that are meant to improve the work flow with new ideas would be great!

Flag Review
    Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear our team members are as excited about the future as we are! Regular staff meetings are on the agenda once the corporate office relocates next month ... More

I am working at MY DREAM JOB!

Advertising Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsBeing an Account Executive at Carma Productions is my dream job! Everything that the managers tell you during your interview is true to form. There is a huge opportunity to make money if you are a self-starter and motivated. I have done outside sales prior to Carma Productions, but having your heads practically handed to you is AMAZING! The team here is a complete family!

ConsThe ONLY con at Carma is that we are running out of physical space. We are on top of each other, but are moving to a HUGE office at the end of May... so it will be fixed soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The CEO has been in business for 25 years and that's because her business plan works.

Worked for Carma Productions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carma Productions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carma Productions CEO Marci A. Alt. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Carma Productions employees.