Carmel Partners

www.carmelpartners.net

Carmel Partners Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014

Ron Zeff

You will never want to leave Carmel Partners!

Senior Community Manager (Current Employee) Ewa Beach, HI

ProsCarmel Partners is dedicated to providing the best quality housing and service they can and uses their resources to make sure it happens. As a Manager for the company I find I have continued support from not only an operations side but also with finances and needing to spend money when it needs to be spent. At Carmel I am surrounded by others that care about doing the right thing, whether it is for our Residents, our Employees and Investors. This comes from the top of the company and is carried throughout the organization. Carmel is innovative in many ways- Health and Wellness, Property Improvements, Green Initiatives and more. Carmel has recently expanded it's training program, and this is exciting for all the employees.

ConsHonestly, I feel so good after writing the Pros, I really can't think of any Cons! I love my job, I love my co-workers, and I love our leaders. It's Great!!! I know some of my employees feel there is not enough career growth opportunity, and I see that on another review here, but I have to say part of that is because we are in Hawaii (people stay in jobs here much longer than on the Mainland), and the other part is because everyone loves working for Carmel and they don't want to leave! I strive every day to help my employees grow regardless and Carmel fully supports personal and professional growth as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!! I worked for a large REIT on the mainland, and the personal touch Carmel has even though they are growing larger every day is really special!

Not just a job, a work environment you can live in as a family member.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe folks at Carmel are open and cooperative with each other. We trust in the skills and dedication of each of our associates and are certain to support each other in thought, word, and deed. The company goals are clear and unambiguous: To be best in class in all categories. This includes an hospitable, encouraging, supportive, engaging, and challenging work home.

ConsThe Denver office is near Colorado Blvd and Mississippi that can be a commuting challenge but the #11 buss will drop you off at the front door.

Great company to work for!

ProsI have been an employee for years and can say that every day I enjoy my job more and more. Carmel has some of the smartest people working for them and they never forget that the employees make the company. The trust and the support they give keep me dedicated to the vision they have for the company!

ConsHeavy work load- work/life balance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Somewhat of a family oriented place to work.

ProsMedical benefits, 401K match, uniform allowance

Conscommunication is not always the key at the property level. Too many new items implemented without testing first. Employee rental discount is lacking. Pay periods bi-weekly (most companies now a days pay weekly).

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the low level employees their opinion and hear what they have to say.

Carmel Partners, enough said!

Community Manager (Current Employee) Kapolei, HI

ProsCarmel Partners is the best property management company I have ever worked for. They are truly the best in the industry and it shows. Carmel cares not only about it's customers but also really care about their employees.

ConsI do not feel there are any cons working for Carmel. I have truly found the best company to work for and I love going to work everyday!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, your employees love you!

Jul 11, 2014Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for your feedback! We continually strive to foster an environment of teamwork and respect and are so pleased to hear that you are happy at Carmel.

Best Company I've Worked For By Far!

Leasing Agent (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsCarmel takes care of their employees. They offer great benefits and definately put the employees first! Very encouraging and supportive! They provide every tool out there to make your job easier and comfortable.

ConsI have no cons for this company as of yet. I've been with the company for close to 2 years so far and no issues!

Jul 11, 2014Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for letting us know how you feel about working here! We are thrilled that you feel supported and have all the tools needed to be effective in your role. Thank you for all your hard work and ... More

Best Comapny I have worked for!

Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

ProsI have been with Carmel Partners for 2 years and I have to say I am always learning something new and have never thought about going anywhere else. Carmel Partners is a very positive and motivating company to work for! They really value you and give you all the tools for success.

ConsNone Great Company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going!

Jul 14, 2014Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for your warm words and for taking the time to voice them on Glassdoor. We wish you continued happiness, growth, and success at Carmel!

Expanding Fast, but a Ways to Go

ProsI actually really like this company. I treasure the people I work alongside and under. It has its flaws as any company does, but I appreciate that they are willing to listen to its people and seek out new ideas all the time. They are expanding quickly throughout the country, developing beautiful assets. They have a noble desire to create a healthy corporate culture that I've seen get even better with time. There's opportunities galore if you are a someone with ambition. The corporate team believes in their employees, very supportive, very present. I'm excited to see where they take things next.

ConsToo many chiefs, not enough Indians- Too many people in different departments make us run around in circles like insane chickens. It feels like they hire new VPs of this-and-that every day, but the onsite teams are skeletal and barely staying afloat. God forbid someone gets sick. Their Customer Service is becoming a top-priority but in order to provide amazing service the offices cannot continue to run on 1-2 associates at large communities. Bad reviews aren't because we're bad employees, it's because there's not enough man-power to ensure good experiences are given for every individual.

Trickle-Down Effect- Operations teams are really friendly and supportive, but the rest of the corporate teams should try just as hard to build better relationships with the onsite associates that run their assets. It's common sense folks: If we're happy, the customers are happy, the property is happy, the asset teams are happy, the investors are happy. The highest ups need to show face to the folks on the bottom. It's just human decency to show some appreciation and sincere connection every now and then.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on your people. They are the backbone of your company. Happy associates= Happy customers. I love that we are moving towards Customer Service focus but that means spending some money to provide associates the skills and the ability to deliver. Too many fire drills, not enough hands.

You are doing plenty of things right though. Thanks for all the hard work all you do put in to making our company run! I'm proud to be apart of the team.

Jul 11, 2014Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for your detailed feedback and review! We are constantly striving to provide and create the best work environment for our associates. We are also very excited to see what’s to come in the ... More

I love working at Carmel and plan to stay here as long as they will have me.

ProsI really like most everything about working at Carmel. I have been here several years. I have been given tons of opportunities throughout the years. The best things about working for Carmel are the variety and excitement of each day, the fact that people value hard work, the opportunity to give the company new ideas, the autonomy to achieve expected results in any way I feel is best, and the recognition for a job well done. Just this morning, I was given a gift card simply because I submitted an idea to the company. I love my boss here and I love all of the people I work with. There are so many talented and brilliant people that work here and everyone truly cares about the success of the company.

ConsCarmel is growing and changing fast, so sometimes it can be hard to keep up with the expectations of the workload. There is so much to be done and so little time to do it all! However, I would rather have that situation than the opposite. Also, I don't have to deal directly with the Asset Management department in my role, but I hear that balancing both Operations and Asset Management can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe really need to get clearly defined responsibilities for Operations and Asset Management in place. Let the folks that are experts at running communities run them and let the Asset Managers analyze the data. Once we get that figured out, all will be well at Carmel.

Jul 14, 2014Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working at Carmel! We are dedicated to ensuring our associates are recognized and acknowledged because everyone is key to our continued ... More

Carmel Partners does not treat its employees well.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsRelatively large multifamily owner and manager. Presence on east and west coasts.

ConsThis company is all about filling an immediate need no matter how temporary. They will lure you away from your current opportunity with a higher salary. Then as soon as market conditions shift they quickly sell of large portfolios and leave you without a job. They have a core group of individuals who have been there a long time but most of the staff is disposable and changes frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executives should focus on retaining employees that contribute to the bottom line. They should make long term investments that allow the company to take advantage of the talent they have hired by keeping them on board.

Jul 11, 2014Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. The property management industry is unique in that long term investments are uncommon. As a result, we work to ensure all of our ... More

Worked for Carmel Partners? Contribute to the Community!