Carnival Corporation
www.carnivalcorp.com Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

Carnival Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014
Carnival Corporation – Doral – “View of Carnival Place, the Carnival Corporation…”

Micky Arison

Pros:
  • "Working in Carnival is the best and you can visit some of tourist spot around the world"
    in 6 reviews
  • "I had a great work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "ridiculous policies, poorly managed from the shore, treats employees horribly, long working hours"
    in 5 reviews
  • "low salaries, abusive management, long hours, disgusting trailer park trash customers"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great team, tools and people to work with.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Doral, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI learned a great deal of things from people I worked with. I had a great work/life balance. Great benefits like laundry at your desk, carwash onsite, cafeteria, gym, child care, credit union...

ConsSome management made it difficult to advance or move to another department for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a chance.

here good working envionment and job opportunity

Dcdp (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than a year

Prosabroad exposure then I can take growth

Consno weekly full off only work value

Advice to Senior Managementthink about all level not only for business

Not the place... if u want to make a difference

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRelaxing environment
Job security... if u can get a satisfactory starting pay... u can plan to retire here.

ConsIT mgmt has so much hesitation to embrace new technologies. There is no career growth as none of the seniors are going to leave and even if they do, they prefer to hire outsiders for mgmt positions rather than considering eligible candidates within the organization. No value addition from the mgmt... only unnecessary bureaucratic overhead. Annual appraisals are almost non-existent. No recognition for good work. It matters a lot who you know rather than what you know. Overall not a dynamic, challenging environment to work .

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh time for a overhaul of the IT department

Under paid and under appreciated

I have been working at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe traveling is of course one of the Bette perks. Saving money with no board or food to pay for. And it can be a fun atmosphere.

ConsYou work every single day for 6 and sometimes up to 8 months straight. Crew morale has been low on 3 out of the four ships I've been on. The management on the ship is in such confusion and disarray that the consequences are taken out on the crew members who work the front lines. Wasn't a bad experience at first but as I learned every ship is different and sometime you lick out and get a good one with good management. And the crew messes food is crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect your employees to happily work for you every single day for 6 months straight with a smile on their faces when pay them crap and treat them like it.

earn good money, and see the world for free.

Assistant Team Waiter (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsI go to places that I've never been before, and at same time I earn dollars....

ConsBeing away to your family at at home, especialy for holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf posible, better to have in asia. so most of the asian crew don't have to travel more to enter the US for their contract.

Great work atmosphere, motivated senior management personnel and strong history.

I have been working at Carnival Corporation

ProsIt is has a great atmosphere, there are many employees that have been there 20+ years and show passion and motivation to continue to improve the company not only for the guests but the employees.

ConsSome dedicated hard working employees sometimes get overlooked or under appreciated. Call center work shifts could be more flexible and creative.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave small group "huddles" to discuss ways to make the workplace more dynamic. Getting employees envolved in brainstorm sessions for the better of the company and the employees is a win win for everyone.

blood sucking company that caters to a trashy crowd

AV Staff (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Proslots of travelling, multi-cultural environment

Conslow salaries, abusive management, long hours, disgusting trailer park trash customers.

Advice to Senior Managementyour employees are human beings, just like yourselves.

The work environment needs improvement but the work is pretty fun.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule, good work-life balance (as long as it's not year-end or quarter-end). The work is rotated so it will always be interesting and you will learn a lot.

ConsThe people, the attitudes, the overall department morale is pretty bad. There is high turn-over and a lot of stress and backstabbing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new directors and managers to make a change in the department from the top down.

Shore Excursions Associate

Shore Excursions Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTravel, fun, experience, medical insurance included, food and accommodation is included.

Cons6 months contracts, no days off, 8-10 hours average working hours, have to share a room with somebody.

Generally good memories

Photographer (Former Employee)

I worked at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsThe company really cares about the crew welfare -more than other cruise lines. I travelled to places I would never do without them. They suggest the crew to educate themselves and to advance in their career.

ConsThey don't want to hear about salary increase. Interesting, that a trainee photographer earned more than me, a senior one, after 4+ years. National discrimination - UK and US photographers also earned more on basis.Why?The quality of the uniform went down - cheaper material, terrible on the sun.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the salary structure and stop blaming recession for that. How come, that the target increased but the salary not even with a cent?

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carnival Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carnival Corporation CEO Micky Arison. All 131 reviews posted anonymously by Carnival Corporation employees.