Carnival Corporation

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.3

Micky Arison

Pros
  • Working in Carnival is the best and you can visit some of tourist spot around the world (in 7 reviews)

• You really can see the world through this type of work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited growth opportunities, long hours on embarkation and debarkation (in 7 reviews)

• ridiculous policies, poorly managed from the shore, treats employees horribly, long working hours (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Shipboard IT manager

Current Employee - I/S Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - I/S Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice working environment, no constant pressure from higher management, being able to schedule the workflow by yourself, see a lot of new places. Being supported in advancing the knowledge.

Cons

Salaries should be higher. Being away from home for 5-6 months is not always easy.

great employer

Current Employee - Senior Fitter Mechanic  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Fitter Mechanic in Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits, and if you are a good element within the company you will growth really fast depending upon how good worker you are and how you demonstrate your knowledge

Cons

i have no cons to this company as its a great place to work

promote candidacy for young people

Great place to work, people are great, opportunities for growth

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Training available, great benefits, employee welfare important to upper management

Cons

very long hours, cruise benefits not as great as it seems, very difficult to take advantage of the free cruises that's offered.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow.

Former Employee - Shipboard Casino Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Shipboard Casino Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No expenses. Good chances to move up fast as the turnover is high.

Cons

No days off more than 70 hours per week.

Excellent company.

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good, well established south florida company that offers excellent benefits and opportunities for those willing to work hard.

Cons

Cruise benefits are difficult to take advantage off and the compensation is on the lower side of the scale.

Improve your cruise benefits for corporate employees.

If someone asked which job I would go back to it would be carnival cruise lines

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Miami, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot, meet a lot interesting people made great friendship. Great workplace.

Cons

Great company values, pay is good but the fact that some people have worked there for over 10yrs if they would loss their job they would be lost in training in finding or fitting in a different workplace.

Spread the workflow more

Good entry level opportunity with the ability to earn more than a lot of jobs that require degrees.

Current Employee - Cruise Vacation Specialist - CVS  in  Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Cruise Vacation Specialist - CVS in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Entry level position with an opportunity to earn up to $70K - $75K. You have to be able to work any schedule between 7 am and 2 am with one weekend shift per week, but the call center does a shift bid twice per year. Your shift bid ranking is based on your productivity versus seniority. If you're good at sales you don't have to wait until someone resigns, retires or gets fired before you can work your desired shift. Health insurance and other benefits are pretty good in comparison to other companies in South Florida.

Cons

Getting approved for PTO can be difficult during certain times of the year due to the nature of it being a call center position. Enter your PTO as in advance as possible. If you're waitlisted choose other days if possible otherwise your original request for PTO may come and go.

Management truly seems to care and wants to see their employee succeed. There are too many negative employees that have been here forever and complain about everything especially sales quotas. It is a sales job of course there will be sales quotes. Duh! My advice to management is to get rid of your cancerous employees. They make the environment unpleasant for those that actually want to be here and make money.

My time there was the most educational, interesting and all out wonderful time of my life.

Former Employee - Operations Accounting Manager  in  Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Accounting Manager in Doral, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was able to learn news skills, meet people from all over the world. I traveled and enjoyed all of the time I spent there mentoring and teaching othes

Cons

having ships all over the world and employees traveling to meet these ships and making deadline s was sometimes a challenge

be aware that the employees on board the ships are very important to the quality of the vacation that the guests are having and despite that many of them come from other countries outside the U.S., they should be treated with respect and paid according to their position.

Suspect job with suspect pay and suspect job security; tread with caution

Current Employee - Meet and Greet  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Meet and Greet in Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros

The cruising benefits is a plus

Cons

Management can get annoying at times but if you can shrug off drama, you'll live

A fantastic way to meet new people, travel and get paid for it.

I worked at Carnival Corporation

Pros

Working on a ship takes a special kind of person. You need to be positive and enjoy talking to people. It's an amazing experience. Depending on your job, the work could be very enjoyable. And there's never a shortage of fun.

Cons

Some drawbacks could be that you have to room with a stranger in a VERY small cabin. Even if you get along really well, it can be difficult. The food for crew can range anywhere from excellent to unfit for human consumption. Sometimes they serve fish heads in a pool of stinky grease. This is why you should stock up on your reserves from a Publix or Trader Joe's ahead of time. Some jobs have you working 15+ hours per day while other ones just 1 or 2 hours per day. Either extreme is not fun. Make sure you know that going in.

I don't know what advice to give to upper management. They are always working to cut the budget while still trying to take care of the people still working for them. It's a difficult position to be in. One thing I DO know is that Carnival's employees are very loyal to the company while we feel that the company is not at all loyal to us. This is mostly due to the downsizing of certain departments. Many have lost their jobs and some have not even been informed of this by people in charge.

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!