Carnival Corporation Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Micky Arison

Pros
  • great co-workers from around the world, great travel (in 7 reviews)

• see the world while getting paid (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hard every day in long hours can be tolerent if we got good motivation from them (in 14 reviews)

• Long working hours without day off (in 6 reviews)

1. Avoid Audit RAAS Department

Former Employee - Former Auditor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Former Auditor in Miami, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time

Pros

The company as a whole is OK I think. Most people in most departments want to be productive and are generally cordial with each other.

Cons

Do not work for the audit department under any circumstances (RAAS groups) ; The politics, inability to get any productive work done. You will be demeaned, disrespected, made a mockery of, bullied, and ultimately be looking for the exit. Its bad from the top down.... You were warned.

Advice to Management

The cancer of poor culture starts at the Exec and VP level and shimmies its way down.

2. Bartender

Former Employee - Master Mixologist Bartender in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Master Mixologist Bartender in Houston, TX

I worked at Carnival Corporation

Pros

Like the my job do it with the best of my ability, poor o my Bartending skill

Cons

Was a target for nike name like monkey guy, the black jamaica etc

Advice to Management

Be focus work toward company gold and respect other

3. Carnival Cruise Lines

I have been working at Carnival Corporation

Pros

totally no pros ... only cons

Cons

There is not enough space to write down all the cons ...

Advice to Management

increaase the salaries for on board crew

Wish I could have those work years of my life back

I worked at Carnival Corporation

Pros

I learned how to have no sympathy for customer concerns. How the bottom line is the only item looked at when making decisions. How critical parts of the customer experience were constantly reduced, retracted, or made more expensive in order to increase EPS.

Struggling to find any other "Pros" at working here.

Cons

Working at Carnival is one of the worst experiences of my life. Mainly because of the long hours and the unethical practices. There were so many 3rd party contractors we used to avoid paying people liveable wages on our cruise ships. This contributed immensely to the profitability of the current generation of vessels out on the waters today. Management worked us to do death, to squeeze out a every cent of profit out of our business cases.

The vacation policy was so substandard compared to other employers. We were not allowed to use our 2 weeks of vacation. You were lucky if you got to use 7 days in the years. Oh and they also wouldn't cash out your unused vacation days. Management for some reason always seemed to have an antagonistic attitude toward the employees. Requests for days off had to be made 1 month in advance. Sick days were frowned upon, and bosses would overload you if you were sick or unable to come in to the office.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the way you would want to be treated. If you don't, how do you expect to retain employees?

Bad Reputation Well Deserved

Former Employee - Personal Vacation Planner in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Vacation Planner in Miami, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous benefits package. Lots of time off. 401k match. M-F workweek.

Cons

Rampant discrimination, nepotism, tolerant of bullying by fellow employees. Environment has changed to a boiler room mentality. Experienced managers left long ago. What's left are people with no ability to lead by example. Most successful employees mirror top management in color from CEO down. Sales ability and product knowledge do not equal success. Behind the scenes relationships do. Old tired office with run down equipment. Incapable persons making big money who cannot keep essential applications running without constant interruptions, yet somehow retain their job? Not open to new ideas. Culture of fear from department head (puppet for corporate) with constantly changing rules, payscales, interpretation of policies.
    I heard this was a great place to work and earn under prior CEO, department head but no evidence remains of that now. Most co-workers were hustlers who would say or do anything to get a sale while management turned a blind eye. Do not recommend this company or the sales position (PVP). Didn't last more than a year and a half because the company did not give everyone the same opportunity to succeed.

Advice to Management

None. The company is poisoned from the top down. Current leadership is corrupt. Company will never regain its previous position as a reputable place to work.

Used to be a great place...

Former Employee - Phone Agent in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Phone Agent in Doral, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people you're surrounded by on a daily basis make the place bearable at least. Cruise benefits are also a plus...

Cons

Lack of communication. Management stinks. No room for growth. You're not valued as a human being. You're just a number to them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Actually LISTEN and do something about the unhappiness and stagnant environment.

horrible

Former Employee - Waiter
    Former Employee - Waiter

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

only if you live on the streets

Cons

very low salary, unpayed overtime, if you make more than 10h/day they will erase from the sys the extra hours so they will not have to pay any overtime, you are beeing treated like a modern day slave

9. Horrible, unprofessional, and trashy company to work for.

Former Employee - Entertainment in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Entertainment in Mobile, AL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free room and board, free food, and getting to travel a small bit ( what you see of it ).

Cons

No training to speak of, bad, sometimes rotten food was served to crew members, unprofessional management especially directors, poor pay, bad technology that needs to be updated, horrible activities

Advice to Management

Train your employees better before you discipline them for things they weren't even trained in. Less heresay, more action. Less favoritism. Teach your employees, they want to learn. Heavy handed is not the way to run a ship.

10. horrible

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst Tier II
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst Tier II

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the dress code. there is no dress code

Cons

everything else is a con. they don't treat you very unfair and you don't feel like your a part of the team. was there for 7 years and every year got worse.

Advice to Management

even if its a call center you have to lee the employees happy. you guys think that everyone was happy. everyone was miserable and they all wanted to tell management but they all need there jobs.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

Former Employee - Group Sales Agent in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Group Sales Agent in Doral, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Cruises!! Vacation time is given to you up front it is not accrued, plus 120 hrs of vacation time for new employees!

Cons

They will kidnap you with overtime and if they fire you they will do everything in thier power not to pay you unemployment. Never been in a company so cheap in my life. They wont even purchase pens and paper to provide to you during training. Also the pay sucks and the customers are rude and nasty. If they paid a more decent salary that was above the poverty level then I wouldn't complain, but $12.35 an hour for the amount of abuse you get from customers is ridiculous. By the way this place is notorious for employees fainting on the job and being wheeled out of the call center due to the stress they get over the phone. Seen it happen many times with my own two eyes. Plus they want you to sell your butt off and they don't even pay commision! I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

You know what kind of abuse the call center employees are taking over the phone so pay them a decent salary or an extremely liberal commision package to keep them motivated and attentive.

RSS Feed </> Embed