Carnival Corporation Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Wish I could have those work years of my life back

Pros

I learned how to have no sympathy for customer concerns. How the bottom line is the only item looked at when making decisions. How critical parts of the customer experience were constantly reduced, retracted, or made more expensive in order to increase EPS. Struggling to find any other "Pros" at working here.

Cons

Working at Carnival is one of the worst experiences of my life. Mainly because of the long hours and the unethical practices. There were so many 3rd party contractors we used to avoid paying people liveable wages on our cruise ships. This contributed immensely to the profitability of the current generation of vessels out on the waters today. Management worked us to do death, to squeeze out a every cent of profit out of our business cases. The vacation policy was so substandard compared to other employers. We were not allowed to use our 2 weeks of vacation. You were lucky if you got to use 7 days in the years. Oh and they also wouldn't cash out your unused vacation days. Management for some reason always seemed to have an antagonistic attitude toward the employees. Requests for days off had to be made 1 month in advance. Sick days were frowned upon, and bosses would overload you if you were sick or unable to come in to the office.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the way you would want to be treated. If you don't, how do you expect to retain employees?

2. Room to grow

Pros

There is a lot of room to grow in the company. There are a lot of helpful people around.

Cons

Sometimes can have one mind set and it can cause problems for when you want to see change.

Advice to Management

Advise employees to take improvement classes

Inefficient Bureaucracy

Former Employee - Senior Audit Consultant in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Audit Consultant in Doral, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cruise Benefits and low expectations

Cons

Extremely political, not a meritocracy

The company is strikingly generic; the embodiment of the worst elements of Corporate America.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good pay, fun overall environment. Clearly, getting paid to travel and do what you love is an inherent pro.

Cons

There is a massive disconnect between the facade of public persona expected of crew and actual ship life. The efforts of Carnival to be a values-driven, employee-first company are laughable, culturally insensitive, and ultimately offensive. Living conditions are quite poor for the majority of the crew, and food quality is barely fit for human consumption.

Advice to Management

Remember the people who do the work that ultimately make your shareholders happy.

6. Goal oriented and focused on employee growth

Pros

"Unlimited" ceiling on salary. The more you sell the better the paycheck. Great benefits and vacation time. Quality training.

Cons

Going in to work from 11am to 8pm means that your whole day is spent at work.

Personal Vacation Planner (PVP)

Current Employee - Personal Vacation Planner in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Vacation Planner in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really a great company to grow with. The potential of making over 100k is there if you put in the years, build your customer base, work long hours and can convince people to book there cruise with you and not ONLINE!

Cons

Lots of Dialing 150 dials per day, long hours, incentive plan can be hard to achieve when you are new to the company! Only $7.83 base pay and $25 for a booking someone paid 5k for SMH. Some MANDATORY Saturday's! People will hang up on you!

Advice to Management

Management needs to provide more sales training!

8. Hard sales, work was a grind

Pros

Coworkers were great, everyone was professional. Sales training was good.

Cons

sales policies were tough, constant turnover

A lot of room to move, depending who you know.

Former Employee - CVS in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - CVS in Miramar, FL

I worked at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Perks- PTO allotement, Sick time allotement, people and location of buildings

Cons

Mangers, is not what you know but who you know. CEO is removing and adding departments at will.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better, especially after working there for over a decade and I get fire because of one early hang up.

10. Shipboard IT manager

Current Employee - I/S Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - I/S Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment, no constant pressure from higher management, being able to schedule the workflow by yourself, see a lot of new places. Being supported in advancing the knowledge.

Cons

Salaries should be higher. Being away from home for 5-6 months is not always easy.

11. Carnival

Current Employee - PVP in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - PVP in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, family atmosphere, competitive

Cons

Work long hours, terrible base pay

Advice to Management

More productive knowledge training

RSS Feed </> Embed