CaroMont Health

Updated May 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Valinda Rutledge

Great pay and good work environment.

Staff Nurse (Current Employee) Gastonia, NC

ProsGreat pay and flexible hours. Supportive of continuing education and certification encouragement. Excellent surgical services, critical care services, anesthesia services.

ConsBeing on call frequently is frustrating on occasion, but comes with the territory and night shift staff cuts down on time being called as frequently. Management is improving. Would like to see more enforcement of policies against rule offenders.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo tolerance policies should be enforced so that morale is not damaged by those who consistently cause strife. Trust should be reinstituted, improved.

Just as many bad experiences as good ones.

Cafeteria Supervisor (Former Employee) Gastonia, NC

ProsThis hospital does have the latest technological advances.

ConsThis hospital does not have the most competent employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to fire people who get lots of complaints and are not competent.

"Cheat Death"....really?? This was the worse idea EVER

ProsGreat family environment. The realtionship amongst co-workers is phenthomenol. Regardless, they are there for you in time of need.

ConsLack of respect for employees....favoritism.....can't transfer out of departments unless your supervisor let's you out of the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementRESPECT.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall not a bad place to work

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Gastonia, NC

ProsPay is best in the area. Teamwork on PICU (3rd shift) is awesome.

ConsManagement needs a major overhaul. Understaffed. R.N.'s work most nights with no ancillary staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaffing staffing staffing! Stop assuming we can do more with less. Definite need for more ancillary help. Show more support for your R.N's.

Wonderful!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gastonia, NC

ProsColloborative; team work; integrity; passion for patient care and safety

Conspoor benefit package; too much competition from other health care facilities

Enjoyable job.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Gastonia, NC

ProsThe orientation process for new employees is the best I have seen throughout my experience working in healthcare. Also, they really want to help new graduate nurse interns succeed. Everything has been organized and put into place for a new employee to come in and feel like family, not a number. The pay rates are the best in the area and even with gas prices being so high, it is still worth the commute to work at Gaston.

ConsDistance to travel if you are not from that area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize employees as a vital part of your success.

good

Prosgood benefits, good doctors and nurses

Consleadership transition is causing uncertainty

Advice to Senior Managementadd diversity in leadership, succession planning is weak, doctors need to be more involved and held more accountable

Worked for CaroMont Health? Contribute to the Community!